Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 06:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Madison (Wisconsin) Class of 2016- Calling all applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Madison (Wisconsin) Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Feb 2014, 01:08
mbafall wrote:
aloineec wrote:
mbafall wrote:
Hello...

I have an interview next week. Can you please let me know what can be discussed during my interview ? I would also like to know the time the decision will take once I am done with my interview.

When did you receive the interview invite?

A week ago...What about you....Are you done with your interview ?

a week ago? that's quick, did you apply for R2? I submit my application on Feb 4 and haven't heard anything.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, Operations
Schools: Madison '17
GPA: 3.6
WE: Military Officer (Telecommunications)

Kudos [?]: 6 [1] , given: 2

Re: Madison (Wisconsin) Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Feb 2014, 01:41
This post received
KUDOS
I interviewed for OTM back in December because I was home on leave and preferred to interview in person instead of possibly having to interview via Skype (stationed overseas). You can interview optionally before submitting the application. I was given permission from the admissions director to apply this year and defer if accepted (since I have active duty obligation until 2015 but must submit resignation request 9-12 months prior)

Interview was with the Director and Executive Director of the OTM program. Started with just going over my resume and getting asked questions about items where they wanted more information. Lots of questions for me about why I want to get out of the military, why pursuing an MBA vice pursing a technical Masters at Naval Postgraduate School, how my military experiences would fit, etc. Also asked about my Computer Science background and if I had ever programmed in Visual Basic (possible TA position).

Overall I didn't think the interview went exceptionally well, but nothing seemed out of the ordinary from a typical job interview. Prior to the interview they requested my resume and GMAT scores, but since my application was not submitted I do not believe they had any other background (i.e. recommendation letters, essays, transcripts, etc.)

Looking back, I wish that I had waited for a possible interview via Skype after submitting my application instead of pursuing one while I was home on leave. Not only does it make the wait that much longer (since I may not hear anything at all about my application until March 14), but I think it would have been better if the adcom had some reference on me before the interview.

Background
School: US Naval Academy
GMAT: 620 (biggest flaw in my application since it barely hits the 80% range from recent years)
GPA: 3.6 (Dual Major Computer Science and Information Technology)
Work experience(WE): Naval Officer: 2 years - Surface Warfare Officer. 3 years (at matriculation) - Information Dominance Warfare Officer (Information Professional)
Nationality: USA
Extra-curriculars/community: USNA Drum and Bugle Corps, Command Soccer Team coach, NSA Cyber Defense Exercise, AFCEA Treasurer

All a waiting game at this point! Any other OTM hopefuls out there?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Human Resources
GMAT 1: 640 Q37 V41
GPA: 3.54
WE: Marketing (Retail)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 4

Re: Madison (Wisconsin) Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Feb 2014, 03:02
kulkarnios wrote:
inertia808 wrote:
Hey everyone! Hope all of the application prep is going well and that you're feeling great about your decision to go to B-School!

I just wanted to let you all know that I am a current 1st year student at the Wisconsin School of Business, and I am here to help you or answer whatever questions you may have. I know there is an overload of info you have to weigh to make the right decision for yourself, believe me I remember being in your shoes not too long ago, but hopefully I can help you or at least speak to things you are wondering about as far as the Madison MBA program is concerned. I love it here and am SO glad that I chose Wisconsin!

Anyway, feel free to reach out at any time, and good luck!

Hi Inertia808,

What is the word limit for Essays!!!

So Sorry! I didn't see this until just now! Hopefully it's not too late...

So interestingly enough, there is not given word limit. That's not to say you should write a novel. I would try to be somewhat concise and use a limit similar to other schools you may be applying to. When I applied, I just wrote my essays and said everything i wanted to say, then just reviewed my essays to make sure everything I wrote was really important to expressing who I was and what I was all about. So yeah, so official guidelines, just use your best judgement. Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q50 V32
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Madison (Wisconsin) Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 17 Feb 2014, 00:35
@amitgmat2013 and @mbafall: could you inform of the specialization have u guys have opted for?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Madison (Wisconsin) Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 17 Feb 2014, 03:49
dsanish wrote:
@amitgmat2013 and @mbafall: could you inform of the specialization have u guys have opted for?

Hi, My specialization is Applied Securities Analysis...

What about you ?
Current Student
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 6

Re: Madison (Wisconsin) Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Feb 2014, 03:59
dsanish wrote:

I have applied for the OTM specialization.
Intern
Intern

Re: Madison (Wisconsin) Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Feb 2014, 09:48
Anyone completed interview shares some tips ? @amitgmat2013 @mbafall
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: Madison (Wisconsin) Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Feb 2014, 22:15
Has anyone done the interview with the Brand and Product Management Center? It'd be great to have your share.

Thanks,
Intern
Intern

Re: Madison (Wisconsin) Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2014, 19:41
mbafall wrote:
dsanish wrote:

Hi, My specialization is Applied Securities Analysis...

What about you ?

I have applied for OTM specialization. awaiting interview call...............
Current Student

Re: Madison (Wisconsin) Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2014, 12:34
_

Last edited by CheckTheMail on 14 May 2014, 12:22, edited 2 times in total.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, Operations
Schools: Madison '17
GPA: 3.6
WE: Military Officer (Telecommunications)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

Re: Madison (Wisconsin) Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 07 Mar 2014, 23:22
Other Round 2 OTM hopefuls,

Have you completed an interview? Hear anything back yet regarding a decision?

In previous years, it looked like applicants started hearing back before the deadline. However, I don't know if that will be the case this year. Probably waiting it out until the 14th...
Intern
Intern

Re: Madison (Wisconsin) Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 09 Mar 2014, 19:56
usnapacker10 wrote:

In previous years, it looked like applicants started hearing back before the deadline. However, I don't know if that will be the case this year. Probably waiting it out until the 14th...

I have not received an interview call yet. You done with ur interview?
Intern
Intern

Re: Madison (Wisconsin) Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Mar 2014, 19:43
dsanish wrote:
usnapacker10 wrote:

I have not received an interview call yet. You done with ur interview?

Also, do you have any idea if Wisconsin pushes the application to the next round? I have not received an interview call and the results r out this Friday so expecting a reject from them.............
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 40 [0], given: 291

Re: Madison (Wisconsin) Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 11 Mar 2014, 18:08
The decision date for Wisconsin is 14th. I haven't been interviewed till now, so I guess I have most probably been rejected.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37

Re: Madison (Wisconsin) Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Mar 2014, 11:15
Same here. The page still shows in review. Do they push it in to the next deadline ? or a rejection status is sure?
Intern
Intern

Re: Madison (Wisconsin) Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2014, 00:38
we will all receive our answer tom :P:P such a tragedy, one of my fav course and I don't even get an interview call!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37

Re: Madison (Wisconsin) Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2014, 11:53
does your application still show unchecked on the boxes adjacent to the official test scores and transcripts under supporting materials?
Current Student
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 6

Re: Madison (Wisconsin) Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2014, 00:01
himanshu23 wrote:
does your application still show unchecked on the boxes adjacent to the official test scores and transcripts under supporting materials?

Nope. Only the checkbox against Transcripts verified by institution is still unchecked.
Intern
Intern

Re: Madison (Wisconsin) Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2014, 00:14
amitgmat2013 wrote:
himanshu23 wrote:

Nope. Only the checkbox against Transcripts verified by institution is still unchecked.

Have you received decision notification?
Intern
Intern

Re: Madison (Wisconsin) Class of 2016- Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2014, 00:20
amitgmat2013 wrote:
himanshu23 wrote:

same here. I guess transcripts will be "checked" only once the originals have been submitted.......decision should be out tonight
Re: Madison (Wisconsin) Class of 2016- Calling all applicants!   [#permalink] 14 Mar 2014, 00:20