Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 13:32

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Magoosh video lessons vs other study materials

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Magoosh video lessons vs other study materials [#permalink] New post 09 May 2012, 04:16
Hello everyone. I am very new to this forum and also to the world of GMaT, after 11 yrs of professional life (last 5 yrs of senior management) I have decided to take GMaT to enter into academics once again. I have purchased the MGMAT hoping to finish off with the strategy guides and tests ... But to my despair, I have identified that it is very difficult for me to concentrate on a topic for more than 2 hours. I accidentally found out about Magoosh and surprisingly, the video lessons make me cover the topics much faster and quicker. The concepts stick to your head much easier. Is there anyone in this forum who has used Magoosh and can share their feedback. I have only seen the videos from the trial account, so any valuable feedback will be much as appreciated
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Magoosh Co-Founder
Schools: UC Berkeley (Haas) - Class of 2010
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 12

Re: Magoosh video lessons vs other study materials [#permalink] New post 09 May 2012, 09:52
Expert's post
Hi there - I'm the co-founder of Magoosh and happy to help! You can see reviews from verified GMATClub members here: http://gmatclub.com/reviews/magoosh-345345496

If you have any questions about our product feel free to comment, PM me, or email gmat@magoosh.com.

Thanks!
Bhavin
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V36
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 18 [1] , given: 5

Reviews Badge
Re: Magoosh video lessons vs other study materials [#permalink] New post 09 May 2012, 10:14
This post received
KUDOS
Hi slaksh,

I used Magoosh during my preparations and found it very useful.
I can understand the problem you are having. MGMAT books are highly theoretical and getting through them can be very dull and tiring. You are right about magoosh, the video lessons are short and to the point, and you can get through a topic very fast. I have a strategy that can help you utilize both Magoosh lessons and MGMAT guides.
When you wish to start with a topic, go through all the related videos on Magoosh. Now you have a good understanding of the topic and the kind of questions you would be seeing in that topic. Scan through taht topic on your MGMAT guide, now it should not take much time.

Another awesome thing about Magoosh is its Question Bank. The questions are divided in terms of difficulty level, and subject topics. Each question is followed by a video solution, this helped me understand where I was going wrong while attempting the questions and how I should address them. And, after each session it would recommend video lessons according tothe performance in practice session.

I hope my post could clear your query.

You can also see course reviews from me and other existing members here: http://gmatclub.com/reviews/magoosh-345 ... order=date
Re: Magoosh video lessons vs other study materials   [#permalink] 09 May 2012, 10:14