Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 04:47

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

maintenance fees

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

maintenance fees [#permalink] New post 01 Aug 2009, 13:09
Hello Hello,
A couple of questions :)
1) I just submitted my application this morning (August 1), but wanted to use my bank statement from the 1st of July to the 31st as my proof of maintenance funds. Is this possible/ok?
2) The only supporting document required from my "documents used to obtain visa letter" is a transcript from my home university. I was going to print out an "unofficial" transcript, which I would assume is still an "original" copy of the document, but should I request an official one, just in case?
3) Are there fees that have to be paid to the biometrics collection centre, or is that fee part of the visa application process?
4) Should I bring my application to the biometrics centre?
5) Are old passports supposed to be sent along with current passports as a supporting document in the visa application? I don't believe I still have my old passport as it expired, so that may be a problem.

Thanks so much :-D
Rachelle
Director
Director
Schools: Oxford
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 163 [0], given: 4

Re: maintenance fees [#permalink] New post 01 Aug 2009, 16:59
Hi Rachelle,

It seems that by 'application' you mean an application for the UK visa :) From the experience of people I know, the success there really depends on how the supporting documents are prepared - and it seems that you might need some extra work there.

1. Should be OK - the date when the bank statement was issued should be not earlier than a month.
2. They require originals (the documents issued by your uni) + one copy, and in addition, if the original is not in English, a certified translation.
3. All fees you should pay are included in the visa application fee (except for delivery, I guess, if you choose to order it).
4. When you filled out the online form, you were required to print a copy of it, and also print out and fill in a copy of, AFAIK, Appendix 8 (for General Student Visa). All these should be taken to the visa centre.
5. Really don't know what to say - when I was preparing a visitor visa, I brought the copy of my old passport just in case. But I also knew of people who just gave the number of the old passport and that's it (they didn't make a copy of it in advance, and in my country, when the new passport is issued, the authorities take away the old one).

Hope this helps - and good luck!
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: maintenance fees [#permalink] New post 02 Aug 2009, 12:37
Thank you so much
I guess I'll take my chances with the passport issue.
Is AFAIK part of Appendix 8 or a different form? I can't seem to find it anywhere, even in a google search....

Rachelle :flower
Director
Director
Schools: Oxford
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 163 [0], given: 4

Re: maintenance fees [#permalink] New post 04 Aug 2009, 02:00
Hi Rachelle,

Here is the link to the page with the documents; App 8. is also there:

Link to the required Visa forms
Intern
Intern