Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Apr 2014, 23:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

major work experience issue

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

major work experience issue [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2013, 12:30
hi,

I have a very peculiar problem regarding my work experience and hope you can help.

My Gmat score is 710.
I have a first class Bachelors of engineering (ECE) degree from a reputable Indian college.
The problem i mentioned above is that after college I was recruited by an MNC software company in which i worked for 2 years 5 months till march 2013. Due to a policy breach on my part I was fired from the company. Later on i joined a start up company and have been working there ever since. I am not clear as to how to approach the issue of me being fired in my applications. Will this prove as a hindrance to my MBA dream?
Basically, can i count the 2 years 5 months as work experience in my application?

P.S. I have great relations with my ex-company peers as well as my supervisor who who can provide peer recommendation letters or evaluation letters if needed.

Thanks
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 74 [0], given: 0

Re: major work experience issue [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2013, 16:00
Expert's post
Hi there,

Hmm, that is a tough one... certainly honesty is best, that cannot be emphasized enough; and a lot may depend upon how you describe what happened and what you learned from it, and how serious and/or intentional the 'breach' was. Of course it helps if a former supervisor would still write a glowing rec and even more so if they were able to comment on the incident and shed more light on it in any sort of positive way, but certainly it will be tougher in terms of admissions because you do need to explain and defend what happened and questions that may arise, so you start off having to build yourself up in that way. Wishing you the best.

Jen Kedrowski
mbaMission

Blog: http://www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insiders Guides: http://www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders
Free Consultation: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php