Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 11:19

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Manhanttan Review preparation in London, is it good ????

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Manhanttan Review preparation in London, is it good ???? [#permalink] New post 18 Dec 2005, 03:53
Hi
I am thinking of taking the Manhattan Review classes in London. It is just 2-days class (a week end class). Has any one already taken it?

Is it good/worth? It does cost about £500 just for a couple of days course :(

Please share your experience.

Thanks,
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 27 Dec 2005, 13:00
Hello :flower
I have taken the weekend course with them in Germany. I feel the course is high quality, especially those math instructions and tips. In general, our instructor was very capable, patient and friendly. Most of my classmates indicated that the course exceeded their expectation.
Maybe you should first think about the area of your weakness and decide between a course and some private-tutoring. To me, the course fee was well worth it. Well, I guess you can find some more information on their homepage http://www.manhattanreview.com
Cheers!

Last edited by matschig on 03 Jan 2006, 08:00, edited 2 times in total.
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 01 Jan 2006, 03:27
Hi There, I took the London course in December. I had actually taken the GMAT previously and scored a low 590 and wanted to improve my score so took the course. I felt that it was too much of an overview and because they have a lot to cover in 2 days they dont go over some topics. Like combination for instance the tutor did not even cover and it was a weak area for me. Also they do not seem to give you any strategies and discourage from number picking etc. which i found odd as it is all about being quick on this exam. The other disappointing thing i found was that study materials have many typoes in them and there are no explanations of the answers (although they promised to send me them over email). And their adaptive tests on the CD are prone with errors. I suggest going for a Kaplan course instead or any other one for that matter. But again, I had already gone through everything so was looking for extra help so if you are looking for an overview to jump start your revision it may be helpful. Good luck.
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 03 Jan 2006, 07:51
Hey Tennis25,

Yeah, I agree with you the course is partly for an advanced MBA applicant shoot for the higher scores.

- Well, I guess it's advisory to prepare before taking a course anyways.. they all are kind of an :arrow: investment.... being at least somewhat prepared before taking a course should make one get a final boost and the most out of it. especially if one is looking at an intense weekend prep.
  [#permalink] 03 Jan 2006, 07:51