Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 02 Oct 2014, 03:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Manhattan - 4th or wait for 5th edition?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

GMAT ToolKit User
Manhattan - 4th or wait for 5th edition? [#permalink] New post 02 Apr 2012, 10:12
I am just starting my GMAT study journey (journey thread to follow soon) and, for now, have decided to do self-study with the OG13, their supplemental editions, and the Manhattan study guides.

However, when looking on Amazon, I noticed that a 5th edition is expected to be released later this month. After thinking it through, I don't feel that there is any rush on taking the exam prior to the June switch-over... so I am willing to wait.

But -- if the 4th edition would be "good enough" and I would just need to add any additional guides that comes out (like for the new section, for example), then I could do that and start on my study plan now.

Any thoughts?
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Magoosh GMAT Instructor
Followers: 305

Kudos [?]: 478 [1] , given: 2

CAT Tests
Re: Manhattan - 4th or wait for 5th edition? [#permalink] New post 02 Apr 2012, 10:56
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Hi Cheerose,

Definitely don't postpone using the Manhattan study guides. Much of the study guides will probably be the exact same. For instance, if you are learning Sentence Correction, concepts such as essential clauses vs nonessential clauses, subject-verb agreement, and the semi-colons are still the exact same (and MGMAT has always been doing an excellent job of this). Triangles properties followed by excellent practice questions probably can't be much improved upon. I'm guessing the main changes will reflect the new Integrated Reasoning questions, and maybe--though this a stretch--one of the new 150-ish questions will have some unique twist that none of the MGMAT guide account for. Otherwise, the GMAT is more or less the same, and the 4th edition MGMAT guides will continue to provide nonpareil prep for the MGMAT.

Of course, if it turns out that there are some excellent new tips/practice questions in one of the new guides, you can just purchase that guide. In the meantime, you will have learned all the fundamentals and valuable tips from the 4th edition.

Best of luck :-D

Christopher Lele
Magoosh Test Prep

Re: Manhattan - 4th or wait for 5th edition?   [#permalink] 02 Apr 2012, 10:56