Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Apr 2014, 17:03

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Manhattan GMAT

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Manhattan GMAT [#permalink] New post 06 Dec 2007, 23:13
I've been doing some research on this site regarding the test preps on the market and it appears that Manhattan GMAT has the best rating. I was thinking about using Kaplan until I read so many unfavorable comments. Currently, I'm studying off the 06 Kaplan math and verbal work books.

My question, how do you like the online course vs. being in an actual class? Seeing the upcoming dates I want to test on March 1, 2008. Anything you can add would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Jason
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 2

Re: Manhattan GMAT [#permalink] New post 07 Dec 2007, 01:59
Optimistic wrote:
I've been doing some research on this site regarding the test preps on the market and it appears that Manhattan GMAT has the best rating. I was thinking about using Kaplan until I read so many unfavorable comments. Currently, I'm studying off the 06 Kaplan math and verbal work books.

My question, how do you like the online course vs. being in an actual class? Seeing the upcoming dates I want to test on March 1, 2008. Anything you can add would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Jason

would love to hear a bit more about this
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
 [#permalink] New post 07 Dec 2007, 05:43
I took the MGMAT virtual 9 week course, and it was pretty good. It is mainly to solidify your core skills needed to pass the exam. The extra material they give you is good. I was pleasantly suprised at how learning in the virtual world was just as effective as a classroom setting. I liked the fact that I could wake up Saturday morning, stay in my sleeping clothes, and lounge in front of my computer while I took the class. It is interactive where as you get a microphone and have messaging capabilities. The only thing that is not as good as the classroom would be the actual person-to-person contact. Of course that is better, but the virtual way was not bad at all.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 10 Dec 2007, 10:24
i am currently enrolled in a mgamt 9 week course with the live instructors, we've only had one class, but the amount of resources that they provide is great, i already feel myself improving the gmat ability!
Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 10 Dec 2007, 10:45
I took their 9 week course. My comprehension grew by leaps and bounds, and I ended up raising my previous GMAT score by 60 points. Obviously I am a big fan.

...there ain't no such thing as a free lunch...

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 10 Dec 2007, 11:20
I just signed up for the online course and will begin on 12/21/07. In addition, I was able to get $100.00 off the price. Thanks for all the responses.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2007, 17:03
Optimistic wrote:
I just signed up for the online course and will begin on 12/21/07. In addition, I was able to get $100.00 off the price. Thanks for all the responses.

do they offer any free introductory online classes
Intern
Intern
Schools: KELLOGS

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 4

Re: [#permalink] New post 21 Sep 2011, 10:18
ys2jax wrote:
Optimistic wrote:

do they offer any free introductory online classes

yes they do check out there website
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Accounting, Finance
GMAT Date: 09-10-2014
GPA: 3.98
WE: Accounting (Accounting)

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 21

Re: Manhattan GMAT [#permalink] New post 01 Jan 2012, 17:17
Now after you completed the live online classes, would you recommend the course to you friend?

If you learn to do things that you need to do - then someday - you can do things that you want to do.

Re: Manhattan GMAT   [#permalink] 01 Jan 2012, 17:17