Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 29 Aug 2014, 20:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Manhattan GMAT and private tutoring

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Manhattan GMAT and private tutoring [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2013, 17:11
I am looking for an experienced GMAT tutor to work with remotely. I need someone to help me develop a clear strategy to learn the material and achieve a good score. Experience with Manhattan GMAT materials would be a big plus.
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Magoosh GMAT Instructor
Followers: 494

Kudos [?]: 2027 [0], given: 30

Re: Manhattan GMAT and private tutoring [#permalink] New post 25 Oct 2013, 09:52
Expert's post
vbakangaroo wrote:
I am looking for an experienced GMAT tutor to work with remotely. I need someone to help me develop a clear strategy to learn the material and achieve a good score. Experience with Manhattan GMAT materials would be a big plus.

Dear vbakangaroo,
I'm happy to respond. :-) I don't know your exact situation, but it may be that Magoosh would satisfy your needs for considerably less than the price of a private tutor. We have video lessons & GMAT practice questions. If you have a question about any of our material, then you can just send us a "help" email, and we will get back to you in 24 hours. In particular, we are familiar with the MGMAT books and highly recommend them to our students; I think you will find much of what we teaches resonates with what the MGMAT books covers, and the two different spins on the same concept will help you understand it more deeply. If you ever have a question along the lines of "You say X, but MGMAT books say Y", that's a great question to send in.
Here's a three month study plan from our free blog:
http://magoosh.com/gmat/2012/3-month-gm ... beginners/
That's one version, and you can see the other versions listed at the top.
Here's a free idiom ebook:
http://magoosh.com/gmat/2013/gmat-idiom-ebook/
Here, for free, is an intro SC lesson:
http://gmat.magoosh.com/lessons/932-str ... ing-splits
Here's a free SC question
http://gmat.magoosh.com/questions/3274
Here's a free DS question
http://gmat.magoosh.com/admin/questions/942
For each of those, when you submit your answer, the following page will have a complete video explanation. Each one of our 800+ questions has its own video explanation, for accelerated learning.
Again, I don't know your exact situation. I may be that Magoosh will be sufficient for your needs, or it may be that Magoosh will be a good supplement for a private tutor. Let me know if you have any further questions.
Mike :-)

Mike McGarry
Magoosh Test Prep

Manager
Manager
Status: SLOGGING : My son says,This time Papa u will have to make it : Innocence is BLISS
WE: Sales (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 30

CAT Tests
Re: Manhattan GMAT and private tutoring [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2013, 06:58
vbakangaroo wrote:

hi buddy,

For Quant = dont look anywhere else.........just shoot a mail to IAN STEWART, he is active on this forum as well as BTG....he doesnt need any introduction and has been unanimously accepted as a GMAT LEGEND....very humble , very down to earth....a good friend rather than a tutor

believe me Number Theory / Inequalities / Word Problems = the 3 deadly combo of GMAT will seem to be a breeze after 3 sessions with IAN.

he can be reached at ianstewart@gmail.com

hope that helps
Re: Manhattan GMAT and private tutoring   [#permalink] 06 Nov 2013, 06:58