Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 14 Jul 2014, 02:44

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Manhattan GMAT approach question

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 30 Aug 2013
Posts: 2
Schools: HBS '17
GPA: 3.4
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User
Manhattan GMAT approach question [#permalink] New post 29 Sep 2013, 06:27
Hello all!

I would like to know what would be the best approach given my situation below.

I began prepping for the GMAT by getting the MGMAT strategy guides and the OG 13th ed. I just finished reading book #1 and I am doing the problems from the OG for those sections.

Should I read all the books and AFTER do all the problems in the OG guide? Or should I do all of the problems for a particular topic after I complete the reading for the corresponding books?

On average it takes me about a week or so to read through a particular strategy guide.

Thanks!
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Director
Director
User avatar
Status: My Thread Master Bschool Threads-->Krannert(Purdue),WP Carey(Arizona),Foster(Uwashngton)
Joined: 27 Jun 2011
Posts: 894
Followers: 57

Kudos [?]: 145 [0], given: 57

GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Manhattan GMAT approach question [#permalink] New post 29 Sep 2013, 07:34
Oscark06 wrote:
Hello all!

I would like to know what would be the best approach given my situation below.

I began prepping for the GMAT by getting the MGMAT strategy guides and the OG 13th ed. I just finished reading book #1 and I am doing the problems from the OG for those sections.

Should I read all the books and AFTER do all the problems in the OG guide? Or should I do all of the problems for a particular topic after I complete the reading for the corresponding books?

On average it takes me about a week or so to read through a particular strategy guide.

Thanks!


Yes its a good strategy to get maximum out of a topic....Learn theory, practice quizes and then try OG...

Maintain a Error Log as well.
_________________

General GMAT useful links-->

Indian Bschools Accepting Gmat | My Gmat Daily Diary | All Gmat Practice CAT's | MBA Ranking 2013 | How to Convert Indian GPA/ Percentage to US 4 pt. GPA scale | GMAT MATH BOOK in downloadable PDF format| POWERSCORE CRITICAL REASONING BIBLE - FULL CHAPTER NOTES | Result correlation between GMAT and GMAT Club's Tests | Best GMAT Stories - Period!

More useful links-->

GMAT Prep Software Analysis and What If Scenarios| GMAT and MBA 101|Everything You Need to Prepare for the GMAT|New to the GMAT Club? <START HERE>|GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application|

Verbal Treasure Hunt-->

"Ultimate" Study Plan for Verbal on the GMAT|Books to Read (Improve Verbal Score and Enjoy a Good Read)|Best Verbal GMAT Books 2012|Carcass Best EXTERNAL resources to tackle the GMAT Verbal Section|Ultimate GMAT Grammar Book from GC club [Free Download]|Ultimate Sentence Correction Encyclopedia|Souvik's The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official-SC|ALL SC Rules+Official Qs by Experts & Legendary Club Members|Meaning/Clarity SC Question Bank by Carcass_Souvik|Critical Reasoning Shortcuts and Tips|Critical Reasoning Megathread!|The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official- CR|GMAT Club's Reading Comprehension Strategy Guide|The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official- RC|Ultimate Reading Comprehension Encyclopedia|ALL RC Strategy+Official Q by Experts&Legendary Club Members

----
---
--
-


1 KUDOS = 1 THANK


Kick Ass Gmat

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 30 Aug 2013
Posts: 2
Schools: HBS '17
GPA: 3.4
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Manhattan GMAT approach question [#permalink] New post 29 Sep 2013, 15:54
prateekbhatt wrote:
Oscark06 wrote:
Hello all!

I would like to know what would be the best approach given my situation below.

I began prepping for the GMAT by getting the MGMAT strategy guides and the OG 13th ed. I just finished reading book #1 and I am doing the problems from the OG for those sections.

Should I read all the books and AFTER do all the problems in the OG guide? Or should I do all of the problems for a particular topic after I complete the reading for the corresponding books?

On average it takes me about a week or so to read through a particular strategy guide.

Thanks!


Yes its a good strategy to get maximum out of a topic....Learn theory, practice quizes and then try OG...

Maintain a Error Log as well.



Thank you for your advice, but I want to know if I should do the entire OG after i've read all the strategy guides, or if I should do OG problems as I learn them.

Thanks
Director
Director
User avatar
Status: My Thread Master Bschool Threads-->Krannert(Purdue),WP Carey(Arizona),Foster(Uwashngton)
Joined: 27 Jun 2011
Posts: 894
Followers: 57

Kudos [?]: 145 [0], given: 57

GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Manhattan GMAT approach question [#permalink] New post 29 Sep 2013, 19:51
Oscark06 wrote:
prateekbhatt wrote:
Oscark06 wrote:
Hello all!

I would like to know what would be the best approach given my situation below.

I began prepping for the GMAT by getting the MGMAT strategy guides and the OG 13th ed. I just finished reading book #1 and I am doing the problems from the OG for those sections.

Should I read all the books and AFTER do all the problems in the OG guide? Or should I do all of the problems for a particular topic after I complete the reading for the corresponding books?

On average it takes me about a week or so to read through a particular strategy guide.

Thanks!


Yes its a good strategy to get maximum out of a topic....Learn theory, practice quizes and then try OG...

Maintain a Error Log as well.



Thank you for your advice, but I want to know if I should do the entire OG after i've read all the strategy guides, or if I should do OG problems as I learn them.

Thanks


You should do Og problems as you learn them.
_________________

General GMAT useful links-->

Indian Bschools Accepting Gmat | My Gmat Daily Diary | All Gmat Practice CAT's | MBA Ranking 2013 | How to Convert Indian GPA/ Percentage to US 4 pt. GPA scale | GMAT MATH BOOK in downloadable PDF format| POWERSCORE CRITICAL REASONING BIBLE - FULL CHAPTER NOTES | Result correlation between GMAT and GMAT Club's Tests | Best GMAT Stories - Period!

More useful links-->

GMAT Prep Software Analysis and What If Scenarios| GMAT and MBA 101|Everything You Need to Prepare for the GMAT|New to the GMAT Club? <START HERE>|GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application|

Verbal Treasure Hunt-->

"Ultimate" Study Plan for Verbal on the GMAT|Books to Read (Improve Verbal Score and Enjoy a Good Read)|Best Verbal GMAT Books 2012|Carcass Best EXTERNAL resources to tackle the GMAT Verbal Section|Ultimate GMAT Grammar Book from GC club [Free Download]|Ultimate Sentence Correction Encyclopedia|Souvik's The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official-SC|ALL SC Rules+Official Qs by Experts & Legendary Club Members|Meaning/Clarity SC Question Bank by Carcass_Souvik|Critical Reasoning Shortcuts and Tips|Critical Reasoning Megathread!|The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official- CR|GMAT Club's Reading Comprehension Strategy Guide|The Most Comprehensive Collection Of Everything Official- RC|Ultimate Reading Comprehension Encyclopedia|ALL RC Strategy+Official Q by Experts&Legendary Club Members

----
---
--
-


1 KUDOS = 1 THANK


Kick Ass Gmat

Re: Manhattan GMAT approach question   [#permalink] 29 Sep 2013, 19:51
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
Manhattan GMAT Question markbrown525 1 07 Apr 2011, 08:39
1 Experts publish their posts in the topic Manhattan GMAT question banks Shawshank 6 30 Aug 2010, 06:31
Manhattan GMAT Questions required smartmundu 1 06 Jun 2010, 21:13
Manhattan Gmat Probability question apollo168 6 31 Jul 2006, 23:34
manhattan GMAT probability question wlee76 7 03 Jan 2006, 02:30
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Manhattan GMAT approach question

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: bagdbmba, WaterFlowsUp



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.