Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 12:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Manhattan GMAT Books, Enough?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Manhattan GMAT Books, Enough? [#permalink] New post 30 Jul 2007, 16:16
I was just wondering if all I used was the Manhattan books, would that be enough to get 700 on the GMAT. I know everyone recomends the SC book, but what about the rest. I don't want to buy all the books, just MGMAT and OG11. Please advise based on your experience how good the Manhattan books are
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount Codes
VP
VP
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 194 [0], given: 10

Reviews Badge
Re: Manhattan GMAT Books, Enough? [#permalink] New post 30 Jul 2007, 16:57
tinman1412 wrote:
I was just wondering if all I used was the Manhattan books, would that be enough to get 700 on the GMAT. I know everyone recomends the SC book, but what about the rest. I don't want to buy all the books, just MGMAT and OG11. Please advise based on your experience how good the Manhattan books are

Manhattan books cover all the questions from OG. If you diligently solve all the questions I think you shoulkd be fine.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 30 Jul 2007, 19:24
You're doing full, timed practice tests too, right? Not just practice questions?
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 31 Jul 2007, 03:15
I plan on going through all the Manhattan books and OG questions in 3 weeks. The last week, I will do CAT's. Is this a good strategy?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
WE 1: Social Gaming
Followers: 65

Kudos [?]: 338 [0], given: 14

[#permalink] New post 31 Jul 2007, 09:06
I would take a GMATPrep test (the first one) after a week of studying just to see where your weaknesses are. Makes no sense to spend all your time studying Quant if your Verbal is weaker... =)
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 31 Jul 2007, 10:35
You need to do CATs throughout your prep, not just the last week.

Do practice questions on weeknights, making sure you're correcting mistakes when solving the problems untimed. Then do a full practice test each weekend, and compare the results. Are your errors the same type? If so, then work on fundamentals. If not, see where the discrepancy is.

It takes time to get used to the CAT format, and to hone your timing. Comfort level with the CAT is very important to doing well on test day, so don't wait until the last week to start your CATs.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Re: Manhattan GMAT Books, Enough? [#permalink] New post 03 Aug 2007, 20:02
tinman1412 wrote:

the Manhattan Books are great. I honestly feel they were more helpful to me than the Veritas Course I took... but they just provide the background info yuo need to succeed. You still need to do tons of practice problems so you can see all the different ways GMAT tries to trick you. And you definately want to build your mental stamina so start doing CATs with the AWA as soon as possible
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
WE 1: Social Gaming
Followers: 65

Kudos [?]: 338 [0], given: 14

[#permalink] New post 04 Aug 2007, 00:56
I can only speak for Manhattan SC, and it's great.

I really liked the Veritas math review books, especially the "Numbers Property" one... it helped me a lot!
  [#permalink] 04 Aug 2007, 00:56