Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 29 Aug 2014, 02:24

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Manhattan GMAT - Critical Reasoning

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Darden '15
GMAT Date: 12-07-2011
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 19 [1] , given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Manhattan GMAT - Critical Reasoning [#permalink] New post 25 Oct 2007, 17:12
This post received
KUDOS
Hi All,

What do you guys think about Manahattan GMAT critical reasoning questions? I think their wording is a little bit wieird and they always go too far in assuming things, conrary to the policy that you should not assume too far on GMAT questions. Like for example look at this explanation for one of their questions (below). I generally do good on the OG critical reasoning Qs but really bad on Manhattan GMAT critical reasoning, is anyone else facing the same problem

"Two points of view are expressed in the argument: consumer groups claim that a la carte pricing will reduce consumer costs, while the cable television industry claims that the current package pricing structure is most cost effective for consumers. If the goal of the government is to reduce the cost of cable television for consumers, it is critical for the government to determine which point of view is correct. The cable television industry favorably compares the cost of buying bundled channels to the cost of buying those same channels individually, but what if most consumers would choose to greatly reduce the number of channels purchased? That could mean that a la carte pricing would result in lower cable bills for those consumers."
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
CEO
CEO
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 217 [0], given: 4

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 26 Oct 2007, 07:26
I dont think anyone recommends their strategies in regard to CR. The CR questions are not of OG calibre and unnecessarily harder than OG11's CR.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Darden '15
GMAT Date: 12-07-2011
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 26 Oct 2007, 08:22
I am starting to think that doing Manhatten GMAT CRs will actually hurt me because I will get used to assuming too much, which is not good for the real GMAT.
  [#permalink] 26 Oct 2007, 08:22