Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 27 Jul 2014, 22:15

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Manhattan GMAT free Test is tough!

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 17 Aug 2009
Posts: 238
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 84 [0], given: 25

GMAT Tests User
Manhattan GMAT free Test is tough! [#permalink] New post 05 Jan 2010, 07:44
Hi

Took the Free Manhattan GMAT test today only to score a pathetic 600. (Q44 V30)

I have taken gmatpreps and have scored between 680 and 700.

I wanted to understand how you guys rate the Manhattan free GMAT and how should this score compare with other tests.

Your thoughts.....
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 28 Sep 2009
Posts: 37
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Re: Manhattan GMAT free Test is tough! [#permalink] New post 05 Jan 2010, 07:47
Hey!
I hear you. I have scored pretty high on Kaplan Cats but scored 640 and 680 on the first 2 of the 6 MGMAT tests. I'll let you know how I do in the next 4.
1 KUDOS received
Manhattan GMAT Student Services Associate
User avatar
Joined: 30 Oct 2009
Posts: 126
Location: Manhattan, NY
Followers: 23

Kudos [?]: 20 [1] , given: 0

Re: Manhattan GMAT free Test is tough! [#permalink] New post 05 Jan 2010, 08:19
1
This post received
KUDOS
Hi,

While we do try to make our tests reflect the real GMAT as accurately as possible, I have heard that ours are often a little harder. Since the GMATprep exams use the same algorithm as the official GMAT and also use questions that have actually appeared on the exam, they are a better judge of your ability than our exams. Our exams can define your ability within a 50 point margin, whereas the official GMAT and the GMATprep tests can define your ability within a 30 point margin.

That being said, since you used our free practice test, be sure to analyze where your strengths and weaknesses were and go over the questions you got wrong to make sure you understand them. There's a lot of value you can get out of the explanations and analysis we give beyond the actual practice of sitting down for four hours to take the exam.

Best wishes,
Caitlin Clay
Student Services Associate
Manhattan GMAT
_________________


Caitlin Clay | Manhattan GMAT Student Services Associate | New York


Manhattan GMAT Discount | Manhattan GMAT Reviews

Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 11 Dec 2009
Posts: 40
Schools: McCombs
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 22

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: Manhattan GMAT free Test is tough! [#permalink] New post 05 Jan 2010, 14:27
Do you have the MGMAT books?

I think GMATPrep is harder!

From MGMAT I got a 520 (Q43 V18) and I exited verbal after 10 questions because I got lazy.

Then after a week of MGMAT guides, I took GMATPrep 530 (Q35 V28)

Maybe they're easier for people who own their books?
_________________

GMAT Retake - Summer/Fall 2010 Minimum 650, Goal 700
Resources - Kaplan Premiere, MGMAT Guides 1-8, OG12, Quant & Verbal

Please help me towards my goal of GMATclub tests and press +1 (kudos) if you like my posts.

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 28 Feb 2011
Posts: 91
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 31 [1] , given: 2

Re: Manhattan GMAT free Test is tough! [#permalink] New post 03 Jul 2011, 05:10
1
This post received
KUDOS
This was my first full length CAT..scored 640 (Q41 V31). How good/bad??

Also, where can one get a rating for the AWA essays?
_________________

Fight till you succeed like a gladiator..or doom your life which can be invincible

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 05 Jul 2010
Posts: 359
Followers: 15

Kudos [?]: 41 [0], given: 17

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: Manhattan GMAT free Test is tough! [#permalink] New post 03 Jul 2011, 11:07
maverick04 wrote:
This was my first full length CAT..scored 640 (Q41 V31). How good/bad??

Also, where can one get a rating for the AWA essays?


Weird! I got 650 last 2 time in MGMAT but my division was q51, v31 BOTH TIMES :p. Are you sure your V is not like 35 or so?
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 28 Feb 2011
Posts: 91
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 2

Re: Manhattan GMAT free Test is tough! [#permalink] New post 03 Jul 2011, 17:40
abhicoolmax wrote:
maverick04 wrote:
This was my first full length CAT..scored 640 (Q41 V31). How good/bad??

Also, where can one get a rating for the AWA essays?


Weird! I got 650 last 2 time in MGMAT but my division was q51, v31 BOTH TIMES :p. Are you sure your V is not like 35 or so?


No mate, its 35 only. May be the difference in the kind of questions answered correctly. You never really know.
Best of luck for your D-day :-D
_________________

Fight till you succeed like a gladiator..or doom your life which can be invincible

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 28 Feb 2011
Posts: 91
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 2

Re: Manhattan GMAT free Test is tough! [#permalink] New post 03 Jul 2011, 17:42
maverick04 wrote:
abhicoolmax wrote:
maverick04 wrote:
This was my first full length CAT..scored 640 (Q41 V31). How good/bad??

Also, where can one get a rating for the AWA essays?


Weird! I got 650 last 2 time in MGMAT but my division was q51, v31 BOTH TIMES :p. Are you sure your V is not like 35 or so?


No mate, its 35 only. May be the difference in the kind of questions answered correctly. You never really know.
Best of luck for your D-day :-D


I meant 31*
_________________

Fight till you succeed like a gladiator..or doom your life which can be invincible

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 05 Jul 2010
Posts: 359
Followers: 15

Kudos [?]: 41 [0], given: 17

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: Manhattan GMAT free Test is tough! [#permalink] New post 03 Jul 2011, 18:25
maverick04 wrote:
maverick04 wrote:

No mate, its 35 only. May be the difference in the kind of questions answered correctly. You never really know.
Best of luck for your D-day :-D


I meant 31*


Thanks for the luck man! Desperately need that :p Good luck to u too ;-)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 Aug 2011
Posts: 1
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Manhattan GMAT free Test is tough! [#permalink] New post 02 Aug 2011, 22:35
Guys! Where can we practice Free Manhattan CAT? Anybody please share the link...
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
User avatar
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 12021
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2164

Kudos [?]: 7667 [0], given: 3627

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Manhattan GMAT free Test is tough! [#permalink] New post 02 Aug 2011, 22:59
Expert's post
madhav220 wrote:
Guys! Where can we practice Free Manhattan CAT? Anybody please share the link...


Sure: http://www.manhattangmat.com/free-gmat.cfm
_________________

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 07 Dec 2010
Posts: 126
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 12

Re: Manhattan GMAT free Test is tough! [#permalink] New post 03 Aug 2011, 01:28
Cclay wrote:
Hi,

While we do try to make our tests reflect the real GMAT as accurately as possible, I have heard that ours are often a little harder. Since the GMATprep exams use the same algorithm as the official GMAT and also use questions that have actually appeared on the exam, they are a better judge of your ability than our exams. Our exams can define your ability within a 50 point margin, whereas the official GMAT and the GMATprep tests can define your ability within a 30 point margin.

That being said, since you used our free practice test, be sure to analyze where your strengths and weaknesses were and go over the questions you got wrong to make sure you understand them. There's a lot of value you can get out of the explanations and analysis we give beyond the actual practice of sitting down for four hours to take the exam.

Best wishes,
Caitlin Clay
Student Services Associate
Manhattan GMAT




I have the access to all the online tests of MGMAT..If you can please suggest some effective strategies of how to prepare for it it would be better ..
Manhattan GMAT Student Services Associate
User avatar
Joined: 30 Oct 2009
Posts: 126
Location: Manhattan, NY
Followers: 23

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 0

Re: Manhattan GMAT free Test is tough! [#permalink] New post 03 Aug 2011, 06:09
Hi there,

Asking for advice on preparing for the CATs is really asking for advice on formulating an overall study plan!

There are a lot of things you can do both pre- and post- our practice GMAT exams in order to improve your overall score. What we suggest doing first is taking the first CAT, to see where you stand. Once you've done so, run our assessment report and see where your inherent strengths and weaknesses lie. This article describes how to do this most effectively: http://www.manhattangmat.com/blog/index ... ice-tests/

Once you have taken that first exam and you know a little bit more about where you stand, come up with a study plan for yourself. You'll want to look at this article to help you do so: http://www.manhattangmat.com/blog/index ... tudy-plan/

At the end of the day, the key is to space your practice exams out. You will not improve by taking them one or two days apart. You should use the exams to gauge your ability level and to practice sitting for the whole exam, but you want to work on the content and strategies in between each test. This article also has some great tips and links for people beginning to study: http://www.manhattangmat.com/blog/index ... tudy-list/

Best Wishes,
Caitlin Clay
_________________


Caitlin Clay | Manhattan GMAT Student Services Associate | New York


Manhattan GMAT Discount | Manhattan GMAT Reviews

Re: Manhattan GMAT free Test is tough!   [#permalink] 03 Aug 2011, 06:09
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
Manhattan Free test Result shikhar 3 18 Mar 2012, 02:38
Experts publish their posts in the topic Manhattan GMAT Free Test bb 0 29 May 2011, 13:03
Experts publish their posts in the topic Veritas Vs Manhattan GMAT free test scoring picsnaaz 3 13 Jun 2010, 22:23
Get 10% Manhattan Review discount and Free GMAT Club Tests dzyubam 0 09 Mar 2010, 01:04
Free ManhattanGMAT Flash Cards! michaeldinerstein 1 31 Mar 2009, 12:43
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Manhattan GMAT free Test is tough!

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: bagdbmba, WaterFlowsUp



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.