Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Aug 2014, 04:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Manhattan GMAT online/classrom Prep Course... good or bad?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Manhattan GMAT online/classrom Prep Course... good or bad? [#permalink] New post 22 Sep 2006, 23:42
I am trying to find a prep course for the GMAT, and came across Manhattan GMAT.

Does anyone have any experience with this course?
What do you think of it?
Any other ones out there that are better?

thanks in advance!
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 25 Sep 2006, 15:28
I am looking around I have found Kaplan, which everyone knows, and manhattan review and manhattan GMAT..trying to decide myself. What have you found out?
Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 26 Sep 2006, 22:37
I like MGMAT. Their books are great to build a foundation upon and their practice material is challenging but reasonable, unlike parts of Kaplan's tests. just my opinion.
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 29 Sep 2006, 12:04
i checked out manhattan review's information session earlier this month. it was chill, the teachers i met seemed pretty informed. it's worth at least checking out. think they have similar info sessions every month.

oh, and they had this interactive computer whiteboard thing that seemed like a cool teaching tool. i'm gonna sit in on a class sometime soon and check it out. let you know.
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 02 Oct 2006, 20:41
Hey everyone,

Thanks a lot for responding and please, keep them coming! I checked out the MGMAT website and I was really impressed with their instructors. Only 750+ can become teachers here? Thats insane. I just hope they can teach as well as they perform.

What seems a little strange is the online class as opposed to a traditional class. Will the experience be comparable? What do you guys think?

If anyone has any more information, experiences, or follow-ups, please post!

Thank you!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Ross 2010
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 28 Nov 2006, 12:28
Did you decide to do Manhattan GMAT? I'm thinking of taking a class with them (online) and would like to know opinions.
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 30 Nov 2006, 12:59
Not yet,

I'm still waiting to get more feedback, just like you!

Anyone have experience with MGMAT? We'd love to hear some more.
Intern
Intern

I will buy your used Manhattan GMAT materials! [#permalink] New post 06 Dec 2006, 04:12
I am looking to purchase the complete set of MGMAT materials including any handouts etc you might have and Turbocharge porblems and solutions.

I have bid unsuccessfully on ebay for the couple times I found them on there. Please let me know if you have such to get rid of - i am in desperate need of these materials but really cant afford to buy them new.

Thanks in advance!

I need to make a 690 or above in 3 weeks - impossible?

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Reviews Badge
 [#permalink] New post 21 Feb 2007, 05:26
I just finished the MGMAT course and highly recommend ti. I took princeton review prep for the sat, and while it did help, it focused more on guessing strategies. I would assume their style would be the same, simply because of the size of the program, they would need to do that to keep their curriculum uniform across the board.

MGMAT focuses on the fundamentals and my instructor was excellent . I have posted another thread on him specifically. Class sizes are small, you can can ask a lot of questions. Also, you get one half hour of phone tutoring for free a week.

littlebigdude_4 wrote:
Not yet,

I'm still waiting to get more feedback, just like you!

Anyone have experience with MGMAT? We'd love to hear some more.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 04 Mar 2007, 19:16
Am I the only one that thinks that it is bizarre for an individual receiving a score of 750+ on their GMAT to relegate their lives to teahcing GMAT prep courses? Granted the endeavor is surely a part-time gig but still with a 750+ I am going to Harvard and continuing to work in PE or HF.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Reviews Badge
 [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2007, 16:48
I would agree with you.... but not everyone has the same goals in life. For some I think it just comes so natural that it's not even a skill they consider too valuable to waste.

junkbondswap wrote:
Am I the only one that thinks that it is bizarre for an individual receiving a score of 750+ on their GMAT to relegate their lives to teahcing GMAT prep courses? Granted the endeavor is surely a part-time gig but still with a 750+ I am going to Harvard and continuing to work in PE or HF.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2007, 16:55
Before you jump right into Manhattan Gmat, i urge you to at least check out Manhattan Review. I have experience with both programs and I happen to like manhattan Review better. I got more personal attention and just kinda found my instructor's teaching style more tangible and i could relate to it. I know everybody's really high on MGMAT and I understand that they've built a nice reputation, but i'm still a bigger fan of Manhattan Review...great luck
  [#permalink] 20 Mar 2007, 16:55