Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 17 Sep 2014, 14:03

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Manhattan Gmat Online OG (Official Guide) Archer

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Manhattan Gmat Online OG (Official Guide) Archer [#permalink] New post 07 Jul 2012, 00:18
I took Online OG (Official Guide) Archer. They do not apprise cleary that you can not reach all part of the each problem in description. Only few words can be seen on every problem and after purchasing(!) which can not be refundable(!) there is an explanation that you can not see the whole question because of copyright issues. How would it be useful and cost 14$. I bought a product that I can not use!. I know OG is more expensive book but I thought that it is 14$ because it is an online source. They should write "why you can not see whole problem" note before purchasing otherwise this debases credibility of Manhattan Gmat. I think Manhattan Gmat sources are so good products to need such fakeries.
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Manhattan GMAT Instructor
Followers: 213

Kudos [?]: 321 [0], given: 5

Re: Manhattan Gmat Online OG (Official Guide) Archer [#permalink] New post 07 Jul 2012, 21:43
Expert's post
I'm sorry that you didn't get what you expected from the OG Archer, but I will say that there is HUGE value in the Archer. I refer to it consistently with classes and students as one of the best tools to assess your progress, tackle your weaknesses and improve your GMAT scoring potential.

Since the GMAT is an adaptive test, you really are only as good as your weakest areas. Let's say you are absolutely amazing at Geometry and can answer every Geometry problem the GMAC has ever produced, but you can't handle Word Problems (i.e. Rates) to save your life. You'll probably never see the really hard Geometry problems because your performance on Word Problems will tell the GMAT that you aren't capable of handling those really hard problems. You have to work "bottoms-up".

In order to attack your weaknesses, you need to know them. That's exactly what the data that the OG Archer will give you along with some nice bonus info like timing, payback (% correct when you go over the prescribed time) and additional explanations (when the OG just isn't enough).

If you take advantage of the data the Archer provides to guide your study, it's safe to assume you will safe some time, so at $14 it doesn't take long to pay that back...

KW

Kyle Widdison | Manhattan GMAT Instructor | Utah

Manhattan GMAT Discount | Manhattan GMAT Course Reviews | View Instructor Profile

Expert Post
Verbal Forum Moderator
Verbal Forum Moderator
Concentration: Statistics, International Business
Schools: Fuqua, ISB '15
GMAT Date: 12-02-2013
GPA: 3.32
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 45

Kudos [?]: 154 [0], given: 37

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Manhattan Gmat Online OG (Official Guide) Archer [#permalink] New post 21 Jul 2013, 06:59
Expert's post
is there a solution book to OG 12/13 verbal edition?

Regards,

S

Consider +1 KUDOS if you find this post useful

Expert Post

Re: Manhattan Gmat Online OG (Official Guide) Archer [#permalink] New post 22 Jul 2013, 20:27
Expert's post
WaterFlowsUp wrote:
is there a solution book to OG 12/13 verbal edition?

What do you mean by a solution book? The Official Guides all come with explanations in the book. We (Manhattan GMAT) have a separate solution book with our explanations for Quant Questions (http://www.manhattangmat.com/storeitems ... 4&catid=10), but we don't have a separate solution book with explanations for Verbal Questions...yet. That said, the explanations from the GMAT for Verbal questions is pretty good and I would definitely recommend reviewing the GMAT explanations.

KW

Manhattan GMAT Discount | Manhattan GMAT Course Reviews | View Instructor Profile

Expert Post
Verbal Forum Moderator
Verbal Forum Moderator

Re: Manhattan Gmat Online OG (Official Guide) Archer [#permalink] New post 22 Jul 2013, 21:58
Expert's post
thanks for the reply Kyle, But still at times on several occasssions i felt that the solutions/analysis provided in the OG are very vague for a student in the beginning days of his/her preparation. A bit more deeply analysis would have been far more useful. Don't you agree to that sir?

Regards,

S

Expert Post

Re: Manhattan Gmat Online OG (Official Guide) Archer [#permalink] New post 23 Jul 2013, 10:53
Expert's post
Yes, I completely agree :)

I know we are working on a "Companion" guide to the Verbal OG questions, but I'm not sure how soon it will be released. In the meantime, my suggestion to people is to do forum/google searching on the OG questions that have an inadequate explanations. You can find decent explanations to most questions online (many right here on GMATClub).

Best of luck.
KW

Expert Post
Verbal Forum Moderator
Verbal Forum Moderator

Re: Manhattan Gmat Online OG (Official Guide) Archer [#permalink] New post 23 Jul 2013, 11:05
Expert's post
True KW, we do a lot of google and struggle to find out the correct explanation among a bunch of fluff. Waiting for the companion to be released..

Regards,

S

Expert Post
Verbal Forum Moderator
Verbal Forum Moderator

Re: Manhattan Gmat Online OG (Official Guide) Archer [#permalink] New post 23 Jul 2013, 11:08
Expert's post
BTW , do we have any clue on when the book might get released, even a kindle version would do good during the initial days

Regards,

S

Expert Post

Re: Manhattan Gmat Online OG (Official Guide) Archer [#permalink] New post 23 Jul 2013, 16:08
Expert's post
I did some digging and found that we will be releasing an OG Companion for SC in December of this year (good or bad news depending on how long you plan to study). I don't have details about the availability of an online version, but I would assume it would be released around the same time.

Here is a link to the book details from the publisher: http://books.simonandschuster.com/Offic ... 1937707415

KW

Expert Post
Verbal Forum Moderator
Verbal Forum Moderator

Re: Manhattan Gmat Online OG (Official Guide) Archer [#permalink] New post 23 Jul 2013, 20:49
Expert's post
Thanks for sharing the update. Hopefully i won't be using it by the time it releases, but im sure it is going to help the next year aspirants immensely.

Regards,

S

Re: Manhattan Gmat Online OG (Official Guide) Archer   [#permalink] 23 Jul 2013, 20:49