Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 12 Jul 2014, 23:11

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Manhattan GMAT v. Manhattan Review

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Manhattan GMAT v. Manhattan Review [#permalink] New post 02 Sep 2009, 14:34
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Hi! I have been researching GMAT prep courses for the past week or so and kept hearing the name Manhattan over and over again so I went to their website... only problem is I got a little confused between Manhattan GMAT and Manhattan Review.

See here for Additional Manhattan GMAT Reviews

Once I realized they were two seperate entities I went back to the club posts to clarify which prep course club members were actually recommending?

It seems most people support Manhattan GMAT (MGMAT) as a top notch review course, but I was just wondering if anyone had any reviews from Manhattan Review (MR) since the lady who emailed me from there came up with the following side by side comparison of MGMAT and MR I thought I'd asked due to the harsh portrayal of MGMAT: "larification on the Differences between Manhattan Review and Manhattan GMAT:

"We are two absolutely different companies. Manhattan Review’s management team members are either MBA or Ph.D. graduates of top business schools. All of our founding team members and instructors have scored in the 99th percentile on the GMAT and all graduated from the Ivy League schools and have years of GMAT and/or Business School teaching experience. The founder and the managing director of Manhattan GMAT never went to business school. They have never participated in an MBA program. Ironically, their founder has also never disclosed his own GMAT score while all other firm members’ scores are disclosed on their website. In contrast, our management team members, successful in both academics and professional careers, have first-hand experiences with teaching the GMAT, scoring high on the GMAT, applying for and graduating from a top MBA program. Their invaluable insights help us guide our students to achieve their goals effectively.

Furthermore, we were founded in 1999, one year earlier than Manhattan GMAT. We have both in-person and online teaching presence in all major continents while Manhattan GMAT is just a provider in limited geographical regions. We offer GMAT preparation (in-person classes, online classes & private tutoring), consulting services for business school admissions, and executive coaching/career training programs for young business professionals. Our full services differentiate us from many other GMAT providers, which have neither the experiences nor the resources to offer any services other than GMAT classes.
"

.... obviously she's biased, but I just wanted to see what others think about the preps.

Thanks so much
Cheers,
Kimmy
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
2 KUDOS received
Director
Director
Affiliations: Columbia, Wharton, LBS
Schools: Harvard, Stanford, LBS, Columbia, Wharton, HEC Paris
Followers: 17

Kudos [?]: 112 [2] , given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: Manhattan GMAT v. Manhattan Review [#permalink] New post 22 Feb 2010, 12:14
This post received
KUDOS
We figured we'd weigh in on what we view to be the most pertinent differences between Manhattan GMAT and Manhattan Review.

As of late 2009, Manhattan GMAT is actually a part of Kaplan. Manhattan Review has a 10 year history both in the US and in Europe of prepping students for the GMAT and consulting them on MBA Admissions. We also recently launched an offer for unlimited class hours allowing students to revisit any material covered in class by attending any other existing class. All of this is provided at $1099 or lower, compared to Manhattan GMAT's price of $1499 for more limited hours.

That being said, the value of any course is in its instructors. We highly suggest that students interested in a GMAT course audit the first class to form his/her own opinion. If you're interested in attending one of our GMAT sessions, just PM us or call at the number in our sig. Hope this was helpful.

Manhattan Review GMAT Prep & MBA Admissions Consulting
Web: http://www.manhattanreview.com | Phone: +1.212.316.2000
Receive 20% off Admissions Consultings as GMATClub member!

Current Student
Schools: Duke,Oxford,IMD,INSEAD
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 61 [0], given: 15

GMAT Tests User
Re: Manhattan GMAT v. Manhattan Review [#permalink] New post 02 Sep 2009, 14:52
I have checked out Manhattan Review books and trust me MGMAT are way better and have good techniques atleast for SC, Number Properties, Word Problems and Geometry

But I cannot comment on their prep course.

But heard the cheaper option is Knewton and its online and supposed to be good and have a money back gurantee too.
Intern
Intern

Re: Manhattan GMAT v. Manhattan Review [#permalink] New post 02 Sep 2009, 15:02
Thanks for the feedback... everything helps when trying to make the best educated decision.

Thanks!
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2136

Kudos [?]: 7314 [0], given: 3619

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Manhattan GMAT v. Manhattan Review [#permalink] New post 02 Sep 2009, 15:23
Expert's post
This may help too: gmat-prep-courses-classes-reviews-ratings-and-comparison-78451.html

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern

Re: Manhattan GMAT v. Manhattan Review [#permalink] New post 08 Sep 2009, 11:53
I have been to both companies' free info sessions. Both have great presenters. However, Manhattan Review offers more than just the GMAT, they also do free MBA admissions evaluation. So one bird kills two stones for me as I want someone to guide me through the process after the GMAT. My verbal instructor Mark was terrific. He allows us to ask any questions we have. Our entire class was enamored with him. I actually recommended a friend to his class at Manhattan Review's Grand Central location. They don't seem to be active on any public discussion boards while Manhattan GMAT does have a presence. One thing we should all bear in mind is that how many of those posts are bona fide. I read on business week site that Manhattan GMAT was posting "love..love..love the class" type of comments on an article about the GMAT prep companies. Someone called them out immediately as it was absolutely fake.

I heard great things about some other companies such as Knewton's online courses, etc. My advice will be doing your own homework and find who works out best for you. All the fluff on the net is good extra info, but we need to take all those "unaudited" praises or complaints with a grain of salt. :-)

Best luck to all of us in this endeavor and also in the arduous job searching process. :roll:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT Date: 10-22-2011
GPA: 3
WE: Information Technology (Internet and New Media)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 12

Re: Manhattan GMAT v. Manhattan Review [#permalink] New post 10 Jun 2010, 00:37
my Manhattan GMAT books finally arrived yesterday and trust me, they're detailed - they'll be my primary studying resource for this damn exam.

The other books I ordered were Princeton Review Crack the Gmat 2010 and GMAT for dummies, as well as the official guide 12th edition.

I found the Princeton Review to be a bit flawed and gives a lot of estimation and guessing techniques with not a lot of foundation on how to actually solve the problems mathematically. The problems are also reasonably easy. That said, the PR book is good for learning these techniques but you won't get a great math foundation with techniques to solve hard GMAT problems, like with Manhattan GMAT.
Current Student
Schools: Tuck Class of 2013
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 4

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Manhattan GMAT v. Manhattan Review [#permalink] New post 10 Jun 2010, 03:34
In any GMAT forum, when someone is saying about how good "Manhattan" books or courses are, you bet that 99% of the time he or she is referring to ManhattanGMAT.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT Date: 10-22-2011
GPA: 3
WE: Information Technology (Internet and New Media)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 12

Re: Manhattan GMAT v. Manhattan Review [#permalink] New post 14 Jun 2010, 03:27
Agreed. In fact I actually think I wasted time studying the princeton Crack the GMAT Maths review...
The Manhattan GMAT books on the other hand cover literally all bases.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 15 Jun 2010, 03:33
Manhattan GMAT all the way
Intern
Intern

Re: Manhattan GMAT v. Manhattan Review [#permalink] New post 17 Dec 2013, 19:29
Manhattan review is probably the worst gmat institute in the world. first of all they copied the name from manhattan gmat and next they have worst teaching. don't go there.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 21

Re: Manhattan GMAT v. Manhattan Review [#permalink] New post 09 Mar 2014, 04:54
I made a huge mítake
Re: Manhattan GMAT v. Manhattan Review   [#permalink] 09 Mar 2014, 04:54