Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 14:50 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 14:50

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 237 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 839 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 839 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Akamaibrah is one of the frequent posters to this club and an instructor with MGMAT. Check previous posts by him, you will get an idea
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 237 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks guys. Is there anything better than Manhattan GMAT?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Re: Manhattan GMAT VS. Kaplan [#permalink]
So, I'm interested in signing up for the Manhattan GMAT courses... However I'm intimidated by two things:

a) I have a pretty low test score to begin with (took a practice test months ago). I haven't had a chance to study since then at all since I was based abroad. I get the sense that Manhattan GMAT is catering more to students who are scoring in the 600 range and looking to top 700.

b) I think - I get this sense - that they go pretty fast. From being in the field to suddenly being overwhelmed with GMAT questions doesn't seem like a recipe for success. I don't know.

Thoughts or insight from anyone?
Manhattan GMAT Student Services Associate
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Concentration: International Relations
Send PM
Hi,

Thanks for your interest in our courses! In terms of your questions:

"a) I have a pretty low test score to begin with (took a practice test months ago). I haven't had a chance to study since then at all since I was based abroad. I get the sense that Manhattan GMAT is catering more to students who are scoring in the 600 range and looking to top 700. "

While many of our students do get very high scores after going through our course, the good thing about the way we teach our course is that we teach the material first. We like to build up your knowledge from the ground up, so that means that for a 400-level scorer, it will help you learn all the material you know, and for a 600-scorer, it will help reinforce the best way to approach the material and fill in holes. In other words, it works for both types of students. In addition, we offer two Foundations of Math workshops and a Foundations of Math Strategy Guide free to course students, so that if you do feel your math isn't up to the level of the class, you can take those extra sessions before the course. A good way to judge whether you would need Foundations is to take our Math Diagnostic here: https://www.manhattangmat.com/foundations-math.cfm

"b) I think - I get this sense - that they go pretty fast. From being in the field to suddenly being overwhelmed with GMAT questions doesn't seem like a recipe for success. I don't know."

We do offer a fair amount of homework during the course, but it's definitely not intended to overwhelm you with questions! A lot of the work is reading from our books (and doing problems that go along with the books) so that you can reinforce what you have read. If you're worried about the class going too fast, try sitting in on a free trial class. It'll give you a sense of the pace. You can sign up for a trial here: https://www.manhattangmat.com/free-gmat-prep-course.cfm

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Best,
Caitlin Clay
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Thank you Caitlin! I really appreciate it. I will definitely be sitting in on a free class to check it out.
Kaplan GMAT Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 645 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Expert Reply
journo123 wrote:
So, I'm interested in signing up for the Manhattan GMAT courses... However I'm intimidated by two things:

a) I have a pretty low test score to begin with (took a practice test months ago). I haven't had a chance to study since then at all since I was based abroad. I get the sense that Manhattan GMAT is catering more to students who are scoring in the 600 range and looking to top 700.

b) I think - I get this sense - that they go pretty fast. From being in the field to suddenly being overwhelmed with GMAT questions doesn't seem like a recipe for success. I don't know.

Thoughts or insight from anyone?
Hi Folks,

Someone PM'ed me to call this thread to my attention, so I thought I'd chime in!

A) One of the best things about a Kaplan course is personalized learning. To help you prep your way, Kaplan offers a regular course for students who feel like they learn best by focusing on fundamentals, and an Advanced class for 600+ scorers who want to move at a faster pace. We also have Smart Reports, software that analyzes your performance on Kaplan's many CATs and quizzes to suggest the best resources, personalized to you.

B) Kaplan's GMAT Advantage classroom course is offered on many different schedules. You can take the course quickly to make an application deadline, or you can study over a longer time, to ensure that you have the time you may need to ease back into a studying frame of mind and/or to fit GMAT prep around a busy work schedule. Even if your location or calendar makes it a challenge to regularly attend one of our on-site classes, our Classroom Anywhere will let you study online, live, with an expert Kaplan teacher. We know that each one of our students is unique, and so we offer these options to ensure that every Kaplan student gets what he or she needs to succeed on the GMAT.

I hope this helps address a few of your concerns. Please let me know if I can answer any other questions about Kaplan's courses!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 248 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
GMAT Date: 05-31-2012
Send PM
Hi
I am told that Manhattan GMat structure is very rigid meaning they donot allow you the flexibility to join another instructor session if you miss the session you original enrolled for.

Is this information correct ?

Given that most of us are working full time - it will help a lot if there is flexibility .

Thanks & Regards
Manhattan GMAT Online Marketing Associate
Own Kudos [?]: 73 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
morya003 wrote:
Hi
I am told that Manhattan GMat structure is very rigid meaning they donot allow you the flexibility to join another instructor session if you miss the session you original enrolled for.

Is this information correct ?

Given that most of us are working full time - it will help a lot if there is flexibility .

Thanks & Regards

Hey,

For in-person courses, you get three make up sessions. So if you're unable to attend a class session at your regular time, you can use one of your make up sessions to sit in on another course. For our Live Online courses, all of your class sessions will be recorded so you can watch any past session at any time. Also, for both in-person and Live Online courses, you always have access to a full recording of a past 9-session course in case you miss a live session or want some extra review.

Hope this helps give you a better idea of our policies!

Best,
Matt Mapplebeck
Online Marketing Associate
Manhattan GMAT
GMAT Club Bot