Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 19:50

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Manhattan GMAT vs. Manhattan Review

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Manhattan GMAT vs. Manhattan Review [#permalink] New post 22 Aug 2007, 17:23
Hello,

I'm really just trying to clarify; when people are talking about "Manhattan" are they generally referring to Manhattan GMAT? The consensus seems to be that Manhattan GMAT is superior, and had I found this site earlier, I most likely would've utilized some of their materials, but given that I'm two weeks from my test, it's simply not an option given my level of burnout. What're people's opinions of Manhattan Review's Turbocharge your GMAT books and CATs? I went through them at the suggestion of another site (gmattutor.com). Anyway, I was just curious.

Thanks!
Dennis
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 28 Aug 2007, 05:54
I think when people talk about Manhattan, a lot of the time they are referring to manhattan GMAT on this forum. Maybe they were around longer? I don't know. But I took a class with Manhattan Review, and they were really good. The books (I thin I had the turbocharged ones) were really good. I study pretty well on my own and it helped a lot.
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 28 Aug 2007, 07:06
I think ppl mix them up a lot when they talk about the two. I don't think they're mostly talking about either one. But my coworker took a class with manhattan review and she ended up doing really well, i'm looking into taking something with them
Intern
Intern

Re: Manhattan GMAT vs. Manhattan Review [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2007, 10:22
I'm also practicing from Manhattan Review after Gmat tutor suggestion.
It's SC is quite good & descriptive. The CR is just ok. But RC is quite boring. It's look like a research paper. I'm not sure if this is the general level of GMAT RC. But it could be helpful for achieving 750+ score.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

[#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2007, 13:44
Most people are referring to Manhattan GMAT. M Review is pretty much ripping off their reputation and I believe are being sued for it. Between the two, MGMAT is the way to go.
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 16 Nov 2007, 23:04
if you check both companies out like i did, you will be so impressed with manhattan review team's quality. i have been following both firms closely. i was on business week site recently and read an article talking about them offering mba training to columbia business school and other institutions. manhattan review was founded in 99, earlier than manhattan gmat, and was by an actual ivy league business school graduate who is a business school professor based on its website. what i really like about manhattan review is its ability to offer mba wanna-bes beyond the gmat.

meanwhile, i personally have had some experience in intellectual property as i spent a few years at law firms. a company name like manhattan gmat is not valid as an unique business name. i am certain manhattan gmat has a hard time getting any registration rights or may have legal issues with its name already. maybe gmac's team should take a look at it to see how to enforce its ownership of the word gmat. otherwise just image kaplan is called kaplan gmat, princeton review is called pr gmat...what is next manhattan lsat or manhattan sat or nyc sat or new york gmat? maybe i can start a small firm sammie gmat :lol:

let us spend our time to focus on how we can help each other out with sound advice on gmat and mba application... i know i still need more insights. this board should show people value-adding stuff, not these kinds of nonsense debates about name differences while smart people can figure out just by visiting websites.

btw, i suggest everyone take a look at corporate law before going to b-school. my friend at wharton said that they have a terrific short legal course.
  [#permalink] 16 Nov 2007, 23:04