Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Sep 2014, 06:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Manhattan SC 4th Ed. Versus OG12

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 4

Manhattan SC 4th Ed. Versus OG12 [#permalink] New post 01 Jan 2010, 10:18
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

(N/A)

Question Stats:

0% (00:00) correct 0% (00:00) wrong based on 0 sessions
Anyone know why the page and question numbers listed towards the end of each chapter in the Manhattan SC 4th Ed. book, does not match with those of the OG-12 Ed. book ? The Manhattan book does state that the question & page numbers listed there, would match with the 12th ED OG guide, but infact I don't see that these match correctly. Example - Manhattan SC Chapter 2 refers to pages 638-660 of OG 12. But OG 12 pages 638-649 correspond to Critical Reasoning questions.

I'm having the same issue with the questions referred to the OG Verbal Review book. None of the questions from Manhattan seem to match correctly with the Verbal book. I'm assuming Manhattan may be referring to the Frist edition of the OG Verbal Review book.

Here are the books I'm referring to:
Manhattan GMAT Sentence Correction - 4th Edition
Official Guide - GMAT REview 12th Edition
Official Guide for GMAT Verbal Review - 2nd Edition.

:roll: Thought of checking with you, before I proceed with the Manhattan folks for clarification. Any help would be appreciated.
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Manhattan GMAT Instructor
Schools: Cornell (Bach. of Sci.), UCLA Anderson (MBA)
Followers: 129

Kudos [?]: 209 [1] , given: 6

Re: Manhattan SC 4th Ed. Versus OG12 [#permalink] New post 03 Jan 2010, 11:52
This post received
KUDOS
cvinod wrote:
Anyone know why the page and question numbers listed towards the end of each chapter in the Manhattan SC 4th Ed. book, does not match with those of the OG-12 Ed. book ? The Manhattan book does state that the question & page numbers listed there, would match with the 12th ED OG guide, but infact I don't see that these match correctly. Example - Manhattan SC Chapter 2 refers to pages 638-660 of OG 12. But OG 12 pages 638-649 correspond to Critical Reasoning questions.

That's a typo in that chapter only. The page numbers should be listed as pages 658-683, as they are for the sets in later chapters.

cvinod wrote:
I'm having the same issue with the questions referred to the OG Verbal Review book. None of the questions from Manhattan seem to match correctly with the Verbal book. I'm assuming Manhattan may be referring to the Frist edition of the OG Verbal Review book.

Here are the books I'm referring to:
Manhattan GMAT Sentence Correction - 4th Edition
Official Guide - GMAT REview 12th Edition
Official Guide for GMAT Verbal Review - 2nd Edition.

Shortly after we published the 4.0 version of our guides (you'll find the version number at the bottom right of the back cover), GMAC released the 2nd editions of the Official Guide for Quant and Verbal Review. So if yours is a 4.0 guide, it does reference the 1st edition of those books.

You can contact our Student Services Group at (800) 576-GMAT to request a .pdf with a list of problem numbers for the most recent versions of the OGs.

Emily Sledge | Manhattan GMAT Instructor | St. Louis

Manhattan GMAT Discount | Manhattan GMAT Course Reviews | Manhattan GMAT Reviews

Last edited by esledge on 04 Jan 2010, 12:01, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern

Re: Manhattan SC 4th Ed. Versus OG12 [#permalink] New post 03 Jan 2010, 14:05
Thank you ! This helps.

I did notice that the page number references made to the Official Guide 12th Ed. at the end of chapter 2 (on page 31) inthe 4.0 book, should read - "pages 658 - 683", instead of "pages 638-660". This was what threw me off initially, but was able to figure this out quickly, since the question number references seem to correctly match with the 12th Ed. guide.

Thanks again for responding with the references to the 2nd ed. official guides. This sure would help me and any others who're in the same boat as me, using the 2nd version of the Verbal & Quant Review guides along with the latest Manhattan guides.
Intern
Intern

Re: Manhattan SC 4th Ed. Versus OG12 [#permalink] New post 03 Jan 2010, 16:15
Do you also happen to have an attachment corresponding to "Official Guide Problem Matrix (Verbal Matrix)" for the 2nd edition of the Official Verbal Review Guide ? This matrix is referred to in chapter 14, currently for the first edition of the Verbal Review guide.
Manhattan GMAT Instructor
Schools: Cornell (Bach. of Sci.), UCLA Anderson (MBA)
Followers: 129

Kudos [?]: 209 [0], given: 6

Re: Manhattan SC 4th Ed. Versus OG12 [#permalink] New post 04 Jan 2010, 11:57
I don't have that handy, but we are working to get a simple "If you have X version, use Y..." resource link up in a prominent place on our website soon. We'll spread the word when that's available.

Emily Sledge | Manhattan GMAT Instructor | St. Louis

Manhattan GMAT Discount | Manhattan GMAT Course Reviews | Manhattan GMAT Reviews

Intern
Intern

Re: Manhattan SC 4th Ed. Versus OG12 [#permalink] New post 04 Jan 2010, 14:03
Thanks again, for your diligence !
Re: Manhattan SC 4th Ed. Versus OG12   [#permalink] 04 Jan 2010, 14:03