Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Apr 2014, 03:04

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Manhattan Verbal score overrated ??

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Manhattan Verbal score overrated ?? [#permalink] New post 11 Jan 2014, 22:01
Hello

I just gave the MGMAT CAT 3 and scored a good 710 (Q45 and V 41) .

On the verbal sections I found a few CR question(7-8) familiar and knew the answers for that already and got them done quickly .

I scored 11 on 14 on CR ,11 on 15 on SC and 9 on 12 on RC , With 8 minutes to spare as I knew the answers already for some question .

Could someone please let me know what is the score I can expect with such a performance (with no familiar questions ) and also areas I need to focus for Verbal section to score about the same in the actual GMAT
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Manhattan GMAT Instructor
Followers: 178

Kudos [?]: 241 [0], given: 4

Re: Manhattan Verbal score overrated ?? [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2014, 18:09
Expert's post
Your best bet is to take a GMATPrep practice exam. That is the best "approximation" of the score you will get on the real exam.

To see what you should work on, generate an assessment report of your last few exams and review to see which areas are the weakest and attack those...

KW

Kyle Widdison | Manhattan GMAT Instructor | Utah

Manhattan GMAT Discount | Manhattan GMAT Course Reviews | View Instructor Profile

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Manhattan Verbal score overrated ?? [#permalink] New post 25 Jan 2014, 07:06
I recently wrote both the GMAT prep exams . While the quant score was the same for both

The verbal score dopped by 7 points .

GMAT prep1 :710 (q49,V38)
GMAT perp 2 : 640 (q49,V 31 )

The incorrect questions count in verbal in Prep1 exams were 13 and in perp 2 was 12 . Could someone help me understand what happend ?

I expected the score to be higher this time and it fell like anything . I have GMAT schuduled on 29th ... 4 days left :(

I have scored almost consistently in MGMAT V 37 38 . This is the worst score i have got so far :(

Has anyone face the same issue ..
Manhattan GMAT Instructor
Followers: 178

Kudos [?]: 241 [0], given: 4

Re: Manhattan Verbal score overrated ?? [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2014, 10:52
Expert's post
There are lots of reasons for your score to drop on an individual exam- bad day, bad stretch of problems, a higher concentrations of problems that are your weakness, and on and on. The number of problems wrong is not an indicator of your score because the test is adaptive and almost everyone will miss roughly the same number of questions. Your score is based on the difficulty of the problems you get right/wrong. Unfortunately the GMAT prep exams do not show the difficulty levels of each problem. It would have been interesting to see some of your Manhattan CAT diagnostics.

Since it's past the 29th. How did it go?

KW

Posted from my mobile device Image

Kyle Widdison | Manhattan GMAT Instructor | Utah

Manhattan GMAT Discount | Manhattan GMAT Course Reviews | View Instructor Profile

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GPA: 3.3
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 163

CAT Tests
Re: Manhattan Verbal score overrated ?? [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2014, 09:39
KyleWiddison wrote:
There are lots of reasons for your score to drop on an individual exam- bad day, bad stretch of problems, a higher concentrations of problems that are your weakness, and on and on. The number of problems wrong is not an indicator of your score because the test is adaptive and almost everyone will miss roughly the same number of questions. Your score is based on the difficulty of the problems you get right/wrong. Unfortunately the GMAT prep exams do not show the difficulty levels of each problem. It would have been interesting to see some of your Manhattan CAT diagnostics.

Since it's past the 29th. How did it go?

KW

Posted from my mobile device Image

Hi Kyle,

I have manhattanGMAT and other mocks. I am currently planning for one mock every week starting from tomorrow. Do you suggest the GMAC paid test.

I have written twice GMAT
700 (50,34) and then 660 (50, 28). I was shocked with my VA drop and I am working on it extensively. I am planning to take again on 1st April.

I have written the MGMT mock 1 and I have got 740 - 48, 43 (48 - horrible mistakes - So will straighten up)
and one kaplan test 1 - 740 - 51/41.

Thanks,
Kinjal
Never Give Up !!!

Please click on Kudos, if you think the post is helpful

Re: Manhattan Verbal score overrated ??   [#permalink] 01 Feb 2014, 09:39