Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 09:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Mannheim Master in Management

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 26 Oct 2012
Posts: 5
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Mannheim Master in Management [#permalink] New post 09 Apr 2013, 01:45
Hello Everyone,
I'm currently interested in applying for Mannheim Master in Management. Anyone else applying for this program? Share your thoughts please :)

Last edited by LightsOn211 on 07 Jul 2013, 11:32, edited 1 time in total.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 21 Apr 2013
Posts: 2
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Re: Mannheim Master in Management [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2013, 17:00
1
This post received
KUDOS
Hey!

I'm also thinking about applying to the MMM, though my week prep (5 days) led to a low GMAT score (620). You apparently tick all the boxes to get in! Do you speak German? Since they have this 4:1 ratio for german-english track vs all-english track. I'd say go for it anyways!
As for me, I have less than 1 year of real work-ex but have a decent GPA and loads of interesting extra-curricular activities. Originally from Cameroon, currently studying in France but also completed a full year of my degree in Hong Kong (don't know whether that or an 8 at IELTS might help saving my a**). :lol:
Anyone else applying or interested in the MMM?
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 29 Jul 2012
Posts: 189
GMAT Date: 11-18-2012
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 32 [1] , given: 23

Re: Mannheim Master in Management [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2013, 23:12
1
This post received
KUDOS
Hi Guys,

I am applying for there Msc in business informatics.
Since my undergrad degree is not in management and minimum no. of hours is also fewer than required.
I have total 4.2 yrs of work experience and decent curriculuar.

Regards,
Aristocrat
_________________

Thriving for CHANGE

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 26 Oct 2012
Posts: 5
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: Mannheim Master in Management [#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2013, 23:04
bminds wrote:
Hey!

I'm also thinking about applying to the MMM, though my week prep (5 days) led to a low GMAT score (620). You apparently tick all the boxes to get in! Do you speak German? Since they have this 4:1 ratio for german-english track vs all-english track. I'd say go for it anyways!
As for me, I have less than 1 year of real work-ex but have a decent GPA and loads of interesting extra-curricular activities. Originally from Cameroon, currently studying in France but also completed a full year of my degree in Hong Kong (don't know whether that or an 8 at IELTS might help saving my a**). :lol:
Anyone else applying or interested in the MMM?


As far as I could tell from their website, working experience is not necessary and I think they pay more attention to academics. If you have a decent GPA, it should make up for your GMAT score. At least that's what Im hopping as well. Also they give quite some few points to semester exchange so that will boost you up :D I have studied German at a young age but I haven't practiced much in the last 4 years so I need to catch up on that. I'm applying for the English track though. Have you submitted your application yet? Stay positive my friend :)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 21 Apr 2013
Posts: 2
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Mannheim Master in Management [#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2013, 15:53
LightsOn211 wrote:
bminds wrote:
Hey!

I'm also thinking about applying to the MMM, though my week prep (5 days) led to a low GMAT score (620). You apparently tick all the boxes to get in! Do you speak German? Since they have this 4:1 ratio for german-english track vs all-english track. I'd say go for it anyways!
As for me, I have less than 1 year of real work-ex but have a decent GPA and loads of interesting extra-curricular activities. Originally from Cameroon, currently studying in France but also completed a full year of my degree in Hong Kong (don't know whether that or an 8 at IELTS might help saving my a**). :lol:
Anyone else applying or interested in the MMM?


As far as I could tell from their website, working experience is not necessary and I think they pay more attention to academics. If you have a decent GPA, it should make up for your GMAT score. At least that's what Im hopping as well. Also they give quite some few points to semester exchange so that will boost you up :D I have studied German at a young age but I haven't practiced much in the last 4 years so I need to catch up on that. I'm applying for the English track though. Have you submitted your application yet? Stay positive my friend :)


Hey! Thanks for the support! :) Hopefully, you're right and we'll bith end up in Mannheim in September! :)
No, I haven't applied yet. I should probably do it asap, to avoid any unpleasant surprise at the end! Have you? Did you get any feedback from? I definitely believe have some german in the back of your head helps, at leats for them, as it shows your interest for the culture and your ability to pick the language quicker in order to have a better fit with the local job market :)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 26 Oct 2012
Posts: 5
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: Mannheim Master in Management [#permalink] New post 29 Apr 2013, 01:22
Bminds: I have not applied yet and I think I'm going to try to do it by the end of this week so in case something comes up I can always revise it. My GMAT score was sent to the school already and they gave me a confirmation code :) I went through the online application portal for a bit and its seems there are quite general questions. Do you know if we have to send paper documents to the school as well? I have done quite some research for schools and I really like their program actually. Are you applying anywhere else? Fingers crossed for both buddy :))
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Jul 2013
Posts: 2
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Mannheim Master in Management [#permalink] New post 04 Jul 2013, 04:56
Hey guys, Did any of you eventually apply?Do you have any news?My status still says "Faculty's assessment of documents":(
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 26 May 2013
Posts: 2
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Mannheim Master in Management [#permalink] New post 07 Jul 2013, 09:15
anyone got the offer and decided to go ?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 26 Oct 2012
Posts: 5
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: Mannheim Master in Management [#permalink] New post 07 Jul 2013, 11:30
joann wrote:
anyone got the offer and decided to go ?

I got in and already accepted my place :D Anyone else joining?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 26 May 2013
Posts: 2
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Mannheim Master in Management [#permalink] New post 07 Jul 2013, 14:07
LightsOn211 wrote:
joann wrote:
anyone got the offer and decided to go ?

I got in and already accepted my place :D Anyone else joining?



Cong!!!! :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

See u @ Mannheim!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 05 Jun 2012
Posts: 6
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 4

Re: Mannheim Master in Management [#permalink] New post 08 Jul 2013, 06:45
I received and accepted a place as well :)

See u at Mannheim
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Jul 2013
Posts: 2
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Mannheim Master in Management [#permalink] New post 09 Jul 2013, 05:38
Me too! I'm so excited! See you guys at Mannheim:))
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Oct 2012
Posts: 13
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 14

Re: Mannheim Master in Management [#permalink] New post 03 Feb 2014, 11:04
Hey all,

I am interested in applying to MMM this year. However, I wanted to know about the experience of any one who is currently taking the MMM program. How is the academic experience so far? Life in general? I tried to contact the Advising Department at Mannheim but have not received a response. Would be glad if someone can help out.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 07 Mar 2014
Posts: 1
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Mannheim Master in Management [#permalink] New post 10 Apr 2014, 02:21
Hi,
Im also interested in applying to MMM, but I haven't taken the GMAT yet, studying for it now. I did my exchange semester in Mannheim though, so I can tell you about the life in general. Its not the most beautiful city, but I loved my time there. Everything is close by, there is lots of clubs, bars so I would say social life is pretty good. The university is also very nice. Is anyone else applying for MMM? I am just not sure if to apply for English track or the German-English track because of the ratio 1:4.. I speak fluent German, just haven't done any Certificate for it yet.. any suggestions on this?
Thanks!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 May 2014
Posts: 1
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Mannheim Master in Management [#permalink] New post 01 May 2014, 08:09
Hey !
I too have applied for MMM this year but still haven't received any reply. I have a GMAT score of 630 and a decent CGPA with co curricular involvement and all. What are the chances of getting through it ?
And how is the university atmosphere and Germany on the whole for pursuing masters?
Anybody got anything to share ?
Expert Post
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 21 Feb 2012
Posts: 1212
Location: India
City: Pune
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
Followers: 153

Kudos [?]: 1005 [0], given: 931

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Mannheim Master in Management [#permalink] New post 01 May 2014, 08:46
Expert's post
@Panda007, Janka556, and gaurangisharma,

We are happy to create this program (Mannheim Master in Management) in our database so that prospective applicants can add it to their profile and record the application status time to time. We will also create a dedicated discussion thread for this program in Mannheim Sub Forum and will put useful information in to it such as deadlines, application requirements, selection criteria, etc etc.

Please PM me if you guys are interested for this.

Narenn
_________________

Be the coolest guy in the MBA Forum - Be a threadmaster!

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

All MBA Resources All 'Sticky' Topics at one place

Please share your profiles for this application season: 2015 Profiles w/ Admit/Dings Results!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Next Generation GMATClub CATS with Brilliant Analytics.


Re: Mannheim Master in Management   [#permalink] 01 May 2014, 08:46
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
Experts publish their posts in the topic MASTERS IN MANAGEMENT darkhellblaze 1 01 Aug 2014, 05:03
Master programs: WU, St. Gallen and Mannheim Ventsislav 2 26 Apr 2014, 01:52
Experts publish their posts in the topic master in management rancho 1 20 Sep 2012, 09:53
2 Mannheim Masters in Management mohsinak 47 15 Mar 2012, 04:37
Experts publish their posts in the topic masters in managment KaranSingh 1 24 Sep 2011, 13:21
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Mannheim Master in Management

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.