Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Jul 2014, 05:16

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Mannheim Masters in Management

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [1] , given: 0

Re: Mannheim Masters in Management [#permalink] New post 06 Feb 2014, 15:08
This post received
KUDOS
panda007 wrote:
Hey all,

I am interested in applying to MMM this year. However, I wanted to know about the experience of any one who is currently taking the MMM program. How is the academic experience so far? Life in general? I tried to contact the Advising Department at Mannheim but have not received a response. Would be glad if someone can help out.

Life is not very cool there, its pretty much a uni for great high school students that do their Bachelor's in Mannheim and then move on to renowned schools abroad. The ones that get in Mannheim for the Master's are often people from bad German schools that are not considered universities. Anyway, there is always a high competition among them (they have to make up for something), so don't expect help from fellow students. Also, my advice, buy yourself a shitload of Ralph Lauren garments, if you don't have them already. They will take you more serious!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 14

Re: Mannheim Masters in Management [#permalink] New post 07 Feb 2014, 00:49
daypro wrote:

Life is not very cool there, its pretty much a uni for great high school students that do their Bachelor's in Mannheim and then move on to renowned schools abroad. The ones that get in Mannheim for the Master's are often people from bad German schools that are not considered universities. Anyway, there is always a high competition among them (they have to make up for something), so don't expect help from fellow students. Also, my advice, buy yourself a shitload of Ralph Lauren garments, if you don't have them already. They will take you more serious!

Thanks for the advice :lol: should start looking for some imitations

Are you a current MMM student? I don't live in Germany and was going to apply to MMM since Mannheim Business School had a good ranking on FT and is a top German Business school. But now I am seriously reconsidering if I should given your reply. So the life and fellow students are no good. What about the faculty and standard of teaching?
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [1] , given: 0

Re: Mannheim Masters in Management [#permalink] New post 07 Feb 2014, 07:19
This post received
KUDOS
panda007 wrote:
daypro wrote:

Thanks for the advice :lol: should start looking for some imitations

Are you a current MMM student? I don't live in Germany and was going to apply to MMM since Mannheim Business School had a good ranking on FT and is a top German Business school. But now I am seriously reconsidering if I should given your reply. So the life and fellow students are no good. What about the faculty and standard of teaching?

The MMM ist NOT AT ALL held at Mannheim Business School, but at Mannheim University. FT and Mannheim both know that what they write is wrong (another reason not to go there). I am not a student, but I know several students who have completed their Bachelor there and they all left (after talking to current Master students). The standards are very high, you need to study a lot for sure. But its not a good teacher-student relationship usually, they are Professors standing in front talking gor 1.5 hours and then you all go home. Not comparable with Business School expereince.

Plus I am not saying that life in general must be bad in Mannheim, it depends on you. For the Economics students it seems quite fun (they dont have to wear fancy clothes to go out), but for Business students, you better fit the type of person I described above!

NEVERTHELESS: The program is very well accpeted by German firms and academia, so it wont be a loss of time.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Mannheim Masters in Management [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2014, 04:36
Does anyone know what is the intake for the program? On the website it says 4/5 is for the German Track and 1/5 is for the English Track, but it doesn't say the actual number of students who will be admitted and I'm sure that there is certain limit, just can't find it.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Mannheim Masters in Management [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2014, 11:17
I would like to know if it is easier to get in through the Enlgish track or the German & English track ? Probably the latter as it has a higher fraction of places I think E to EG ratio 1:5
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 1

Re: Mannheim Masters in Management [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2014, 20:33
Anyone from last year's intake want to give their two cents on this program?

GMAT Prep 1 - November 25, 2013: 44 Q, 45 V, 720
GMAT Prep 2 - March 16, 2014: 47 Q, 42 V, 720

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V34

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Mannheim Masters in Management [#permalink] New post 23 May 2014, 00:22
Hi everybody,

I also applied for mannheim for this year with 690gmat, 3.55 gpa and erasmus abroad. Is there anybody applied too?what do you think about my chance?
Re: Mannheim Masters in Management   [#permalink] 23 May 2014, 00:22