Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 05:34

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Manufacturers of household appliances are still urging the

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Manufacturers of household appliances are still urging the [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2003, 20:42
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

(N/A)

Question Stats:

100% (01:49) correct 0% (00:00) wrong based on 3 sessions
Manufacturers of household appliances are still urging the public to purchase food processors. The various manufacturersтАЩ advertisements all point out that the prices of these appliances are now lower than ever and that each food processor comes with a lifetime service warranty. In addition, many manufacturers offer sizable rebates to customers who purchase food processors within a given time period. With these incentives, the advertisements contend, people can hardly afford not to purchase food processors.
Which answer choice is a logically prior issue that the manufacturersтАЩ advertisements fail to address?
(A) Whether the cost of repairs to the food processors over the years will cancel out the savings currently being offered
(B) Whether potential customers have enough uses for food processors to justify purchasing them
(C) Whether the heads of the companies manufacturing food processors own food processors themselves
(D) Whether the food processors currently being advertised will be outdated within the next five years
(E) Whether accessories and replacement parts will be readily available at retail outlets

The official answer is B

My question is that I can't realize what its question need ?
Could you tell me the meaning in simple words?
sorry! I'm non-English .............and self-study for preparing GMAT!
Thank you!
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Director
Director
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2003, 06:28
"Which answer choice is a logically prior issue that the manufacturersтАЩ advertisements fail to address?"

Is another way to ask "Which answer choice as an issue that the manufacturer doesn't discuss"?

Or, even more simply, "Which of these answerss do the manufacturers not discuss"?

English is a bitch.
1 KUDOS received
CEO
CEO
Followers: 60

Kudos [?]: 674 [1] , given: 781

Re: CR-Manufacturers of household appliances [#permalink] New post 30 Nov 2003, 17:28
This post received
KUDOS
chihao wrote:
Manufacturers of household appliances are still urging the public to purchase food processors. The various manufacturersтАЩ advertisements all point out that the prices of these appliances are now lower than ever and that each food processor comes with a lifetime service warranty. In addition, many manufacturers offer sizable rebates to customers who purchase food processors within a given time period. With these incentives, the advertisements contend, people can hardly afford not to purchase food processors.

Which answer choice is a logically prior issue that the manufacturersтАЩ advertisements fail to address?
(A) Whether the cost of repairs to the food processors over the years will cancel out the savings currently being offered
(B) Whether potential customers have enough uses for food processors to justify purchasing them
(C) Whether the heads of the companies manufacturing food processors own food processors themselves
(D) Whether the food processors currently being advertised will be outdated within the next five years
(E) Whether accessories and replacement parts will be readily available at retail outlets

The official answer is B

My question is that I can't realize what its question need ?
Could you tell me the meaning in simple words?
sorry! I'm non-English .............and self-study for preparing GMAT!
Thank you!

B seems to be the most reasonable answer.

A is "addressed" in that the processor has a life time service warranty.

C is absurd...

E... Maybe a problem, but its not as important..again...the processors have a lifetime warranty..so E may not be necessarily a problem

the most logical thing missing in the argument is that the manufacturer does not mention HOW and IN what ways can the food processor can be used...if the Food processor can simplify a lot of work, it will be more
attractive to the consumers

thanks
praetorian
Re: CR-Manufacturers of household appliances   [#permalink] 30 Nov 2003, 17:28