Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 26 Jul 2014, 11:16

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

March 28th

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

March 28th [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2004, 05:21
Hi Everyone:

I have been studying for several months now and will be taking my exam on March 28th. I've been looking at everything gmatclub has to offer starting with book reviews to suggestions on how to solve problems, and I've come to the conclusion that this club is postively the best website for the gmat.

Bogdan you are a true inspiration for all of us, your altruism I am sure has helped many get through one of the roughest periods in their lives.

If anyone has any 2 week advice I am open to anything. In case anyone needs to know. I have studied all 3 Kaplan and Princeton Review as well as the Nova book along with using OG. Currently I am using Gorilla Test Prep for my tutoring which by the way is going pretty well.

Anyway thanks everybody.

Sincerely,

Alex
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

[#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2004, 08:43
What I can tell you from my own experience is that one must get accustomed to sitting 4 long hours, without losing concentration and focus.
Especially towards the fag end of the test while one is trying to do an abstruse RC passage or a boldfaced CR question.

Keeping that in mind, I must recommend taking full length CATs (including the AWA section) around the same time of the day as your real test. Try to simulate real testlike conditions (as much as possible) while doing this CATs.

Of course, there's no substitute to practice!!! Try solving as many question as you can lay your hands on in the next 2 weeks or so you have. Check out the verbal questions on this discussion board and solve them under times conditions.

Hope that helps!!!

Good luck to you, Alex!!!
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2162

Kudos [?]: 7637 [0], given: 3626

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: March 28th [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2004, 10:09
Expert's post
wiseguy wrote:
Hi Everyone:

I have been studying for several months now and will be taking my exam on March 28th. I've been looking at everything gmatclub has to offer starting with book reviews to suggestions on how to solve problems, and I've come to the conclusion that this club is postively the best website for the gmat.

Bogdan you are a true inspiration for all of us, your altruism I am sure has helped many get through one of the roughest periods in their lives.

If anyone has any 2 week advice I am open to anything. In case anyone needs to know. I have studied all 3 Kaplan and Princeton Review as well as the Nova book along with using OG. Currently I am using Gorilla Test Prep for my tutoring which by the way is going pretty well.

Anyway thanks everybody.

Sincerely,

Alex

Wiseguy,

thank you for your compliments, but it is people like Pusht who make this site superior!

I agree about 4 hour practice - it is very hard to force yourself to sit 4 hours and it really gets you on the Real GMAT - you need to know how much strength you have so that you can manage to finish the verbal section rather than just click through it.

Good luck on the test, Alex!

Bogdan.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager

Gmat-Success [#permalink] New post 17 Mar 2004, 06:22
Hi Pusht/Bogdan:

Thank you for you words of inspiration. One question I had was about a product you had listed as a study aid called gmat-success.com. I have been using the service and it seems to be a pretty good study aid.

I just wanted to take to get your opinions.

Thanks,

Alex
Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Re: Gmat-Success [#permalink] New post 17 Mar 2004, 17:25
Expert's post
wiseguy wrote:
Hi Pusht/Bogdan:

Thank you for you words of inspiration. One question I had was about a product you had listed as a study aid called gmat-success.com. I have been using the service and it seems to be a pretty good study aid.

I just wanted to take to get your opinions.

Thanks,

Alex

Alex,

I have not encountered this product before :oops:

How do you find it? Should we recommend it?

-Bogdan

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator

Manager
Manager

Absolutely [#permalink] New post 17 Mar 2004, 18:37
Hi Bogdan:

I got the the product off of a list that you guys recommended. I definetly think the problems resemble alot of the problems that are in the upper levels.

Also I just took my 1st Powerprep and got an unbelievable 440 after months and months of studying I just don't get it, what in God's name am I doing wrong.

Ya choostvayoo kak doorak. Anyway I am in desperate need of some adivce. I have been practicing with the Nova Gmat prep tests and got 610 and 620.

Sincerely,

Alex
Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Re: Absolutely [#permalink] New post 17 Mar 2004, 21:57
Expert's post
wiseguy wrote:
Hi Bogdan:

I got the the product off of a list that you guys recommended. I definetly think the problems resemble alot of the problems that are in the upper levels.

Also I just took my 1st Powerprep and got an unbelievable 440 after months and months of studying I just don't get it, what in God's name am I doing wrong.

Ya choostvayoo kak doorak. Anyway I am in desperate need of some adivce. I have been practicing with the Nova Gmat prep tests and got 610 and 620.

Sincerely,

Alex

Alex, no need to feel like a durak - it does not help at all.

I would switch to less exotic things, such as Kaplan. After that PP looks like kid's stuff.
I found the general book and two workbooks to be the most helpful. I am not sure about GMAT 800 book they have.

-Bogdan

Founder of GMAT Club

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

March [#permalink] New post 17 Mar 2004, 22:37
Hey Wiseguy and everyone,

Just a quick share of my experiences. I took GMAT three months ago, prepared for it using Kaplan, and OG. Although, I didnt spend enough time on OG, I know it now. Must say that ability to sit and concentrate through 4 HOURS is almost half the victory. By the time I started Verbal section I was worn out, thought of everything under the sun, and guess what. It showed! I got a 590, Q48, and a miserable 24 on Verbal.

I can only assume that in RC and CR I missed more then 60% :cry: . Wheeew. In any case, I am taking it again on April 4th. Preparing as much as I can, solving problems, and doing practice tests. As many of us do, after work, which doesnt leave much time. I never knew about this site, just joined this week. THIS IS THE BEST source for study. Wiseguy, what I believe is important is being able to see the GMAT problems at many angles, and this is what this site allows us to do. Many people, many approaches to the same problem. TIME CONSTRAINT is a killer.

Good to you, and all the rest who are getting ready to take the EXAM.

LVB9th

PS. Wiseguy, if I were you, I would try to sit 4 hours at a time, be it at work or anywhere else. Normally I get up every couple of hours, and away from the Computer screen, go to break room and so on. Now, I just sit, and do what's needed. Hope this helps.
Manager
Manager

Fluke [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2004, 04:18
Hi Bogdan:

Maybe I could just treat the Powerprep practice like a fluke, and try to ignore it.

Ya neznayoo shto delat, you know what I mean. Ya sverch rastroyen with all 12 days away I feel like I don't know up from down.

Maybe I should take the everyday up the test off and study. I used both Kaplan workbooks and felt pretty comfortable with them went over my mistakes, I didn't take any of the tests though.

Anyway I guess I'll just keep at it, I have no other choice. Why is that can never catch a break, just once it would be nice to have things go my way.

But I am sure this website wasn't designed to hear me complain.

Thanks again.

Sincerely,

Alex
Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Re: Fluke [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2004, 18:45
Expert's post
wiseguy wrote:
Hi Bogdan:

Maybe I could just treat the Powerprep practice like a fluke, and try to ignore it.

Ya neznayoo shto delat, you know what I mean. Ya sverch rastroyen with all 12 days away I feel like I don't know up from down.

Maybe I should take the everyday up the test off and study. I used both Kaplan workbooks and felt pretty comfortable with them went over my mistakes, I didn't take any of the tests though.

Anyway I guess I'll just keep at it, I have no other choice. Why is that can never catch a break, just once it would be nice to have things go my way.

But I am sure this website wasn't designed to hear me complain.

Thanks again.

Sincerely,

Alex

Check other people's results here:

http://www.gmatclub.com/gcq/SE/

I have tried a score of 440 for PP and the average it has given for the final GMAT is 475; this thing is not exact, but it is the best estimator on the market 8-) as far as I know :)))))

PP is usually a very close copy of the real GMAT and having a 440 would not make comfortable. Sorry :?

Founder of GMAT Club

Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Re: March [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2004, 18:46
Expert's post
lvb9th wrote:
Hey Wiseguy and everyone,

Just a quick share of my experiences. I took GMAT three months ago, prepared for it using Kaplan, and OG. Although, I didnt spend enough time on OG, I know it now. Must say that ability to sit and concentrate through 4 HOURS is almost half the victory. By the time I started Verbal section I was worn out, thought of everything under the sun, and guess what. It showed! I got a 590, Q48, and a miserable 24 on Verbal.

I can only assume that in RC and CR I missed more then 60% :cry: . Wheeew. In any case, I am taking it again on April 4th. Preparing as much as I can, solving problems, and doing practice tests. As many of us do, after work, which doesnt leave much time. I never knew about this site, just joined this week. THIS IS THE BEST source for study. Wiseguy, what I believe is important is being able to see the GMAT problems at many angles, and this is what this site allows us to do. Many people, many approaches to the same problem. TIME CONSTRAINT is a killer.

Good to you, and all the rest who are getting ready to take the EXAM.

LVB9th

PS. Wiseguy, if I were you, I would try to sit 4 hours at a time, be it at work or anywhere else. Normally I get up every couple of hours, and away from the Computer screen, go to break room and so on. Now, I just sit, and do what's needed. Hope this helps.

Good Points Man!

Founder of GMAT Club

Re: March   [#permalink] 18 Mar 2004, 18:46