Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 26 Jul 2014, 03:11

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Marshall 2013 (USC) - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 640 Q42 V35
GPA: 3.5
WE: Marketing (Retail)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Marshall 2013 (USC) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Apr 2013, 14:22
ijustlovela wrote:
Happydaniel wrote:
Nothing new on my application status...

Wondering if they update online status in one batch or do it manually one by one? My status keeps as "submitted" from day 1....

Don't worry. My online status is still "submitted" even after the admission phone call this afternoon. I believe they do them one at a time.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 660 Q45 V36
GMAT 2: 660 Q42 V39
GPA: 2.76
WE: Advertising (Advertising and PR)

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 3

Re: Marshall 2013 (USC) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Apr 2013, 19:35
Admitted today and am very excited!

However, I have also been admitted to Indiana's Kelley School of Business and awarded a hefty scholarship. Though financial aid info is not yet available, I doubt that USC will match the offer that I received from Indiana. I was born, raised, and currently live in Los Angeles, and I'm specifically interested in Entrepreneurship. I'm having a hard time deciding between the two - anyone have any useful advice in choosing between the two?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Marshall 2013 (USC) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Apr 2013, 23:22
Hi all,

Have been a long time follower, however a first time poster today.

Just got in to USC Marshall Rd 2. Super excited!

Can anyone give me any updates on when can I expect to receive my acceptance binder? I am an International admit in India.

Congratulations to all who were accepted and best of luck to people still waiting to hear.

PS: Deposit due deadline is May 1st, right?

:-D
1 KUDOS received
Marshall Moderator
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.19
WE: Operations (Manufacturing)

Kudos [?]: 17 [1] , given: 6

Premium Member
Re: Marshall 2013 (USC) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2013, 08:14
This post received
KUDOS
noeldlt wrote:
Admitted today and am very excited!

However, I have also been admitted to Indiana's Kelley School of Business and awarded a hefty scholarship. Though financial aid info is not yet available, I doubt that USC will match the offer that I received from Indiana. I was born, raised, and currently live in Los Angeles, and I'm specifically interested in Entrepreneurship. I'm having a hard time deciding between the two - anyone have any useful advice in choosing between the two?

That's a tough one. I've done plenty of research on Marshall's entrepreneurship program and have been very impressed. However, I don't know much about Kelley's program nor its entrepreneurial strengths other than the fact that it is ranked just behind Marshall by U.S. News.

USC has a long history in entrepreneurship and claims to be one of the first schools in the country to offer a specialization in this area. The entrepreneurship center, organizations, faculty and students all seem extremely involved and dedicated to this field of study. There are plenty of examples of alumni starting their own successful outfits right out of school and even a few students who took a hiatus mid-semester to pursue firms they developed while studying at Marshall. Plus, the LA/OC area is quickly becoming a new hotbed for startups.

What are your short and long term goals? What industries are you interested in? Are you planning on staying in the LA area after school?

indicali wrote:
Hi all,

Have been a long time follower, however a first time poster today.

Just got in to USC Marshall Rd 2. Super excited!

Can anyone give me any updates on when can I expect to receive my acceptance binder? I am an International admit in India.

Congratulations to all who were accepted and best of luck to people still waiting to hear.

PS: Deposit due deadline is May 1st, right?

Always great to see a lurker break the silence!

In round 1, Indian admits received their binders 1 week after the decision date so I would expect yours to arrive next week.

As for the deposit deadline, yes, May 1st is the date for round 2 admits and the damage is $2,500...
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing
GPA: 3.94
WE: Operations (Internet and New Media)

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 2

Re: Marshall 2013 (USC) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2013, 08:17
This post received
KUDOS
MassApplyer wrote:
I just got the papers for Admitted Student Weekend. Is anyone going? Is it worth attending? Anyone have any feedback?

I'm planning to be there. Just got off the waitlist yesterday! Woot! Hope to meet some of you at Admit Weekend.
Intern
Intern

Re: Marshall 2013 (USC) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2013, 08:57
Always great to see a lurker break the silence!

In round 1, Indian admits received their binders 1 week after the decision date so I would expect yours to arrive next week.

As for the deposit deadline, yes, May 1st is the date for round 2 admits and the damage is $2,500...[/quote]

Thanks APEX for the update.

Is there a facebook page or google group for admitted students yet? Was just wondering if people have started thinking about housing options and if yes, what would be some good resources through which the maze that LA is can be simplified a little.
Marshall Moderator
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.19
WE: Operations (Manufacturing)

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 6

Premium Member
Re: Marshall 2013 (USC) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2013, 08:59
indicali wrote:
Thanks APEX for the update.

Is there a facebook page or google group for admitted students yet? Was just wondering if people have started thinking about housing options and if yes, what would be some good resources through which the maze that LA is can be simplified a little.

Yes, I will PM you the link.
Intern
Intern

Re: Marshall 2013 (USC) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2013, 09:44
rena2013 wrote:
MassApplyer wrote:
I just got the papers for Admitted Student Weekend. Is anyone going? Is it worth attending? Anyone have any feedback?

I'm planning to be there. Just got off the waitlist yesterday! Woot! Hope to meet some of you at Admit Weekend.

congrats! when is the admit weekend?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

Re: Marshall 2013 (USC) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2013, 10:00
anyone get $$$?
Intern
Intern

Re: Marshall 2013 (USC) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2013, 10:33
kamuikaren wrote:
The decision is available online now.
I'm in!

Hey,

Do you know where i can get the results from the online page? Is it the same page as the application page? Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 660 Q45 V36
GMAT 2: 660 Q42 V39
GPA: 2.76
WE: Advertising (Advertising and PR)

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 3

Re: Marshall 2013 (USC) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2013, 10:35
yoyoRong wrote:
kamuikaren wrote:
I'm in!

Hey,

Do you know where i can get the results from the online page? Is it the same page as the application page? Thanks!

Yup, just log in to your application. Decision link is towards the bottom of the page.

Anyone know when admit binders are being sent out? I can't wait to get my hands on it!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

Re: Marshall 2013 (USC) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2013, 10:42
noeldlt wrote:
yoyoRong wrote:
kamuikaren wrote:
I'm in!

Hey,

Yup, just log in to your application. Decision link is towards the bottom of the page.

Anyone know when admit binders are being sent out? I can't wait to get my hands on it!

I heard today and tomorrow.
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
Schools: Merage '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q V0
WE: General Management (Education)

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 8

Re: Marshall 2013 (USC) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2013, 11:30
No status change here... Losing hope :(

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Accounting
Schools: Marshall '15 (A)
Followers: 1

Re: Marshall 2013 (USC) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2013, 11:31
Are they sending out today as well?
Intern
Intern

Re: Marshall 2013 (USC) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2013, 11:33
maplesyrups wrote:
No status change here... Losing hope :(

Posted from my mobile device Image

Same weird feeling here... Should I write to ask?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
GMAT 1: 750 Q45 V49
GPA: 3.92
WE: Education (Non-Profit and Government)

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Re: Marshall 2013 (USC) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2013, 11:47
Got the phone call this afternoon - I'm in! Probably going to try to go to the admit weekend at the end of the month, but I'll admit the deposit is going to damage my bottom line quite a bit (especially since being in LA I'm guessing that I'm going to have to buy a car of some kind)
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Marshall 2013 (USC) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2013, 13:00
If school says the official release date is 0405, then just be patient and don't lose hope.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Marshall 2013 (USC) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2013, 13:01
Sometimes no news is good news.
Intern
Intern

Re: Marshall 2013 (USC) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2013, 14:14
I got in! So happy!

Interviewed on Mar.30th on campus.
Got the admission email on Apr.4th 3pm
Current Student
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 620 Q39 V35
GMAT 2: 620 Q43 V33
GMAT 3: 730 Q50 V40
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 63 [0], given: 3

Re: Marshall 2013 (USC) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2013, 16:01
Admitted !
Just received an email from USC.

My GMAT Debrief : http://gmatclub.com/forum/third-time-s-a-charm-142800.html#p1145912
Quant Concept Videos : http://gmatlife.blogspot.com/2012/07/gm ... ideos.html
My GMAT Blog : http://gmatlife.blogspot.com/

Re: Marshall 2013 (USC) - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 04 Apr 2013, 16:01