Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 17:07

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Marshall (USC) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 12 Nov 2013
Posts: 113
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.5
WE: Sales (Manufacturing)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 14

Re: Marshall (USC) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 02 Mar 2014, 21:38
after the long wait , received the invite and interviewed on 28th Feb with Ken from Adcom. I must say this was one of the best interviews I gave and the discussion was really focused on my work experience . I was impressed with the questions that Ken came out with w.r.t my work profile. Now it is a short wait , as I was informed that I would have a decision on 15th March.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 30 Sep 2012
Posts: 10
Location: India
WE: Business Development (Health Care)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Marshall (USC) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 02 Mar 2014, 22:58
Anyone who had to send 3 preferences for interview dates and received an interview after the 15th of March?

I'm an R2 applicant and I have been alloted a slot to interview on the 21st!!
My preferences were 6th, 7th and 12th
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 19 Mar 2013
Posts: 54
Location: United States
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
Schools: Anderson '16 (M)
GRE 1: 331 Q164 V167
GPA: 3.36
WE: Sales (Other)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 46

Re: Marshall (USC) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 03 Mar 2014, 09:44
ssg91 wrote:
Anyone who had to send 3 preferences for interview dates and received an interview after the 15th of March?

I'm an R2 applicant and I have been alloted a slot to interview on the 21st!!
My preferences were 6th, 7th and 12th



That's strange. Admissions decisions will be released on March 15th. Maybe they will let you know at the end of your interview whether you are in or not.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 30 Nov 2010
Posts: 117
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 76

Re: Marshall (USC) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 03 Mar 2014, 09:50
jackanatic wrote:
ssg91 wrote:
Anyone who had to send 3 preferences for interview dates and received an interview after the 15th of March?

I'm an R2 applicant and I have been alloted a slot to interview on the 21st!!
My preferences were 6th, 7th and 12th



That's strange. Admissions decisions will be released on March 15th. Maybe they will let you know at the end of your interview whether you are in or not.


Now it finally (sort of) makes sense to me why they have a "Notification Begins" date when every other school I've seen has a "Decision posted/ emailed by" or "Decision Notification" date.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 30 Sep 2012
Posts: 10
Location: India
WE: Business Development (Health Care)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Marshall (USC) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 03 Mar 2014, 09:54
K7 wrote:
jackanatic wrote:
ssg91 wrote:
Anyone who had to send 3 preferences for interview dates and received an interview after the 15th of March?

I'm an R2 applicant and I have been alloted a slot to interview on the 21st!!
My preferences were 6th, 7th and 12th



That's strange. Admissions decisions will be released on March 15th. Maybe they will let you know at the end of your interview whether you are in or not.


Now it finally (sort of) makes sense to me why they have a "Notification Begins" date when every other school I've seen has a "Decision posted/ emailed by" or "Decision Notification" date.


Update : Sent Sylvia a mail to confirm. I am in Round 2, but with a delayed interview (and in turn delayed decision) because of the high volume of applications.

I don't know how to take this. :roll:
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 05 Nov 2013
Posts: 70
GRE 1: 325 Q160 V165
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Marshall (USC) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 03 Mar 2014, 21:33
ssg91 wrote:

Update : Sent Sylvia a mail to confirm. I am in Round 2, but with a delayed interview (and in turn delayed decision) because of the high volume of applications.

I don't know how to take this. :roll:


I don't know if it's due to a high volume of applications... when in a P&Q article a few months ago said their applications weren't that great this year.

I just think that USC is really disorganized.
2 KUDOS received
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 12 Jan 2014
Posts: 83
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.92
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 25 [2] , given: 2

Re: Marshall (USC) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 04 Mar 2014, 17:01
2
This post received
KUDOS
I was really bothered by the entire process of the USC application, interview scheduling and interview itself. Good school, but damn that level of disorganization at the very first contact with prospective students makes it VERY hard to invest 100k into an education there
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 19 Mar 2013
Posts: 54
Location: United States
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
Schools: Anderson '16 (M)
GRE 1: 331 Q164 V167
GPA: 3.36
WE: Sales (Other)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 46

Re: Marshall (USC) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Mar 2014, 09:14
So, we should start seeing decisions released this weekend, right?
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 18 Aug 2013
Posts: 489
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.9
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 37

Re: Marshall (USC) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Mar 2014, 09:16
jackanatic wrote:
So, we should start seeing decisions released this weekend, right?


Yes, notification begins March 15
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 19 Mar 2013
Posts: 54
Location: United States
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
Schools: Anderson '16 (M)
GRE 1: 331 Q164 V167
GPA: 3.36
WE: Sales (Other)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 46

Re: Marshall (USC) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Mar 2014, 09:20
AdiRedDevil wrote:
jackanatic wrote:
So, we should start seeing decisions released this weekend, right?


Yes, notification begins March 15


Should be a fun week. :-D
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 18 Aug 2013
Posts: 489
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.9
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 37

Re: Marshall (USC) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Mar 2014, 09:54
jackanatic wrote:
AdiRedDevil wrote:
jackanatic wrote:
So, we should start seeing decisions released this weekend, right?


Yes, notification begins March 15


Should be a fun week. :-D


Yeah, very much! All the best to u!
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 01 Jul 2013
Posts: 22
Concentration: Operations, Leadership
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Re: Marshall (USC) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2014, 11:17
Has anyone from R2 been invited for an interview recently? I haven't and I'm starting to think the odds are not in my favor when decision come in a few days...
2 KUDOS received
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 30 Nov 2010
Posts: 117
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 30 [2] , given: 76

Re: Marshall (USC) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2014, 15:09
2
This post received
KUDOS
Anyone else subscribe to USC's emails and just receive an email that made your heart skip a beat?

From: "USC Marshall MBA Admissions"
Subject: "USC Marshall Full-Time MBA Program"

Turns out it was just a standard email promoting the Ambassador Program and the last round deadline, but jeez...don't mess with us R2ers like that! :wow
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 29 Jan 2014
Posts: 15
Concentration: Other
GPA: 3.4
WE: Programming (Health Care)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Marshall (USC) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2014, 22:49
K7 wrote:
Anyone else subscribe to USC's emails and just receive an email that made your heart skip a beat?

From: "USC Marshall MBA Admissions"
Subject: "USC Marshall Full-Time MBA Program"

Turns out it was just a standard email promoting the Ambassador Program and the last round deadline, but jeez...don't mess with us R2ers like that! :wow


Yup, instant panic attack, especially after seeing "Thank you for considering..." in the preview instead of "Congratulations!..."
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 18 Aug 2013
Posts: 489
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.9
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 37

Re: Marshall (USC) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2014, 00:27
nu7kevin wrote:
K7 wrote:
Anyone else subscribe to USC's emails and just receive an email that made your heart skip a beat?

From: "USC Marshall MBA Admissions"
Subject: "USC Marshall Full-Time MBA Program"

Turns out it was just a standard email promoting the Ambassador Program and the last round deadline, but jeez...don't mess with us R2ers like that! :wow


Yup, instant panic attack, especially after seeing "Thank you for considering..." in the preview instead of "Congratulations!..."


I didnt receive such a mail... when did u receive tat mail?
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 29 Jan 2014
Posts: 15
Concentration: Other
GPA: 3.4
WE: Programming (Health Care)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Marshall (USC) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2014, 00:56
AdiRedDevil wrote:
nu7kevin wrote:
K7 wrote:
Anyone else subscribe to USC's emails and just receive an email that made your heart skip a beat?

From: "USC Marshall MBA Admissions"
Subject: "USC Marshall Full-Time MBA Program"

Turns out it was just a standard email promoting the Ambassador Program and the last round deadline, but jeez...don't mess with us R2ers like that! :wow


Yup, instant panic attack, especially after seeing "Thank you for considering..." in the preview instead of "Congratulations!..."


I didnt receive such a mail... when did u receive tat mail?


Mar 13 @ 6pm CST. It's a canned mass listserv email for subscribing to:
"Thank you for requesting more information to “Stay Updated” about the USC Marshall MBA programs."
Some people probably clicked on it during the application or registration for an event.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 29 Jan 2014
Posts: 15
Concentration: Other
GPA: 3.4
WE: Programming (Health Care)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Marshall (USC) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2014, 00:57
AdiRedDevil wrote:
nu7kevin wrote:
K7 wrote:
Anyone else subscribe to USC's emails and just receive an email that made your heart skip a beat?

From: "USC Marshall MBA Admissions"
Subject: "USC Marshall Full-Time MBA Program"

Turns out it was just a standard email promoting the Ambassador Program and the last round deadline, but jeez...don't mess with us R2ers like that! :wow


Yup, instant panic attack, especially after seeing "Thank you for considering..." in the preview instead of "Congratulations!..."


I didnt receive such a mail... when did u receive tat mail?


Mar 13 @ 6pm CST. It's a canned mass listserv email for subscribing to:
"Thank you for requesting more information to “Stay Updated” about the USC Marshall MBA programs."
Some people probably clicked on it during the application or registration for an event.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 30 Nov 2010
Posts: 117
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 76

Re: Marshall (USC) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2014, 04:46
If you want to start receiving those listserv emails, I believe you can fill out this form here on the right to subscribe yourself: http://www.marshall.usc.edu/mba/contact

Compared to other schools, their emails are pretty infrequent so it's not an annoyance, but to be honest, I don't recall really receiving anything too useful so you're not really missing out, AdiRedDevil.

Anyway, today might be the day for a number of you! Good luck!
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 27 Sep 2013
Posts: 3
Location: India
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V33
GPA: 3.28
WE: Engineering (Consumer Electronics)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Marshall (USC) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2014, 05:46
I haven't received any Interview invite till now. Do they offer admissions without the interviews? I am starting to loose hope on this one!
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 30 Jan 2014
Posts: 113
Concentration: Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q V0
GPA: 3.45
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 41 [0], given: 46

Re: Marshall (USC) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2014, 09:29
When are Marshall results coming out? Good luck everyone!

Fight on.
Re: Marshall (USC) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!   [#permalink] 14 Mar 2014, 09:29
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
4 Marshall (USC) Class of 2017 Calling all applicants! FightOnTrojans 13 17 Jun 2014, 05:22
4 Experts publish their posts in the topic Marshall 2016 Class - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants! Narenn 43 28 Dec 2013, 06:13
7 Experts publish their posts in the topic Marshall(USC) 2016 Class - Calling all Admitted Students! Narenn 36 28 Dec 2013, 06:07
21 Experts publish their posts in the topic Marshall (USC) MBA.PM Class of 2017 Calling all applicants! souvik101990 186 21 Apr 2013, 10:22
32 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling All Fall 2011 USC Marshall Applicants! BeautifulMind2011 813 11 Sep 2010, 21:56
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Marshall (USC) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  7   8   9   10   11   12   13  ...  19    Next  [ 365 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.