Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Jul 2014, 15:02

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Marshall (USC): MBA.PM 2013 calling all applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Expert Post
MBA Section Director
User avatar
Joined: 19 Mar 2012
Posts: 1580
Location: India
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 585

Kudos [?]: 2081 [0], given: 675

Marshall (USC): MBA.PM 2013 calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2013, 08:03
Expert's post
2
This post was
BOOKMARKED

Marshall (USC): MBA.PM 2013




Applicant Summary (Real Time)


Quick Glance: GMAT Club vs. Latest Intake


GMAT Club's Real-time Admissions Statistics


Detailed Applicant List



Latest GMAT Club Member Profile Updates


_________________

My GMAT Resources
V30-V40: How to do it! | GMATPrep SC | GMATPrep CR | GMATPrep RC | Critical Reasoning Megathread | CR: Numbers and Statistics | CR: Weaken | CR: Strengthen | CR: Assumption | SC: Modifier | SC: Meaning | SC: SV Agreement | RC: Primary Purpose | PS/DS: Numbers and Inequalities | PS/DS: Combinatorics and Coordinates

My MBA Resources
Everything about the MBA Application | Over-Represented MBA woes | Fit Vs Rankings | Low GPA: What you can do | Letter of Recommendation: The Guide | Indian B Schools accepting GMAT score | Why MBA?

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
2 KUDOS received
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 14 May 2012
Posts: 64
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.36
WE: Accounting (Other)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 49 [2] , given: 17

Re: Marshall (USC): MBA.PM 2013 calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2013, 09:28
2
This post received
KUDOS
Wow, I haven't been on GMAT in a while, finally Marshall has a MBA.PM thread.

Anyway, Just paid my $2,500 deposit last night! Still waitlisted at Anderson.. I'm a little concerned about the 31.5 semester units the first year at Marshall. Although, I do have an economics and accounting background which should make some of the classes doable without reinventing the wheel.

Food for thought: The average GPA for accepted students to the MBA.PM program was 3.13 (last year's 80% range of 2.56-3.61). Yet you are essentially required to get a 3.0 to earn the degree. I have seen no stats regarding attrition; but given the stats, there must be either really high attrition or healthy grade inflation.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 05 Feb 2013
Posts: 11
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Marshall (USC): MBA.PM 2013 calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Mar 2013, 11:14
Would like to know if anyone has USC as a first choice over UCLA, and reasons why.

It seems that everyone applying to Anderson and Marshall have Anderson as a frontrunner. Is this all based on rankings and campus for most people?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 19 Oct 2012
Posts: 5
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
GMAT 1: 620 Q39 V35
GPA: 3.36
WE: Marketing (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 9

Re: Marshall (USC): MBA.PM 2013 calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2013, 09:49
How many accepted are currently going to the OC campus?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Mar 2013
Posts: 1
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Marshall (USC): MBA.PM 2013 calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2013, 09:55
jpeezy14 wrote:
Would like to know if anyone has USC as a first choice over UCLA, and reasons why.

It seems that everyone applying to Anderson and Marshall have Anderson as a frontrunner. Is this all based on rankings and campus for most people?


I am selecting Anderson over Marshall based on the rankings and campus. As a USC alum (undergrad), I am discouraged to see Marshall's recent decline in the rankings (both full time and part time programs).

That being said, the Trojan "network" is one aspect I believe trumps UCLA. Had I not attended USC for my undergrad, I think the network alone is something that I would spend some time considering.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 14 May 2012
Posts: 64
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.36
WE: Accounting (Other)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 49 [1] , given: 17

Re: Marshall (USC): MBA.PM 2013 calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2013, 15:32
1
This post received
KUDOS
jpeezy14 wrote:
Would like to know if anyone has USC as a first choice over UCLA, and reasons why.

It seems that everyone applying to Anderson and Marshall have Anderson as a frontrunner. Is this all based on rankings and campus for most people?


I've read that USC is superior in real estate and some people do a joint MBA/MRED (Master of Real Estate Development). I've also read that USC places better in the entertainment industry (if I can believe what I read on the internet). For the traditional MBA paths, I've read that UCLA is better.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 11 Apr 2011
Posts: 50
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 3

GMAT Tests User
Re: Marshall (USC): MBA.PM 2013 calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Mar 2013, 12:33
This thread seems pretty dead, but I wanted to ask how strong is the Trojan network in the bay area? Or is the network non-existent?
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 14 May 2012
Posts: 64
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.36
WE: Accounting (Other)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 49 [1] , given: 17

Re: Marshall (USC): MBA.PM 2013 calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Mar 2013, 13:59
1
This post received
KUDOS
chamisool wrote:
This thread seems pretty dead, but I wanted to ask how strong is the Trojan network in the bay area? Or is the network non-existent?


Yes, this thread is very dead and being an admit it's kind of scary that not too many people are interested enough to come post.

As far as the network in the Bay Area... .I wouldn't say it's non-existent but you would probably have a more difficult time getting placement up there than if you went to other places. Stanford and Berkeley are up there and they obviously trump USC. If you really want to be in the Bay Area and need to go part time, I would say go to Berkeley or maybe UC Davis. However, I would think that USC would still place better than any Cal State.

Of course it's also dependent on what you want to do with your MBA.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 11 Apr 2011
Posts: 50
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 3

GMAT Tests User
Re: Marshall (USC): MBA.PM 2013 calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Mar 2013, 14:19
Thanks for the prompt response. I wasn’t sure how well the placement is for USC Marshall students other than Southern California. I will be attending the info session in to learn more about the program.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Dec 2012
Posts: 10
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 620 Q42 V33
GMAT 2: 680 Q44 V39
GRE 1: 1320 Q780 V540
WE: Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 7

Re: Marshall (USC): MBA.PM 2013 calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Apr 2013, 22:17
racer150 wrote:
chamisool wrote:
This thread seems pretty dead, but I wanted to ask how strong is the Trojan network in the bay area? Or is the network non-existent?


Yes, this thread is very dead and being an admit it's kind of scary that not too many people are interested enough to come post.

As far as the network in the Bay Area... .I wouldn't say it's non-existent but you would probably have a more difficult time getting placement up there than if you went to other places. Stanford and Berkeley are up there and they obviously trump USC. If you really want to be in the Bay Area and need to go part time, I would say go to Berkeley or maybe UC Davis. However, I would think that USC would still place better than any Cal State.

Of course it's also dependent on what you want to do with your MBA.


I think everyones just been reading the full time thread. I honestly haven't been checking the forum much at all. The welcome site discussion board is pretty quiet too.. everything should pick up as we get closer to the July orientation session.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 11 Apr 2011
Posts: 50
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 3

GMAT Tests User
Re: Marshall (USC): MBA.PM 2013 calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2013, 07:45
Compared to the prior MBA.PM threads, seems like this year is really quiet. I’ve signed up for the information session at the OC campus for next month, but I’ll ask here because I’m curious…are the part-time MBA students allowed to attend the on campus recruiting events with the full time students? I was also reading on the full-time MBA thread how the school’s career center is going through some significant changes so I do hope the incoming class will at least be able to take advantage of the service over the course of the program.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 11 Apr 2013
Posts: 8
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: Marshall (USC): MBA.PM 2013 calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2013, 11:01
Just got accepted into the MBA.PM program for Saturday classes in LA! Debating between SDSU vs USC now since I currently work in San Diego...my workplace would cover SDSU completely and USC would cost me roughly 70k...
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Dec 2012
Posts: 10
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 620 Q42 V33
GMAT 2: 680 Q44 V39
GRE 1: 1320 Q780 V540
WE: Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 7

Re: Marshall (USC): MBA.PM 2013 calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2013, 11:26
chamisool wrote:
Compared to the prior MBA.PM threads, seems like this year is really quiet. I’ve signed up for the information session at the OC campus for next month, but I’ll ask here because I’m curious…are the part-time MBA students allowed to attend the on campus recruiting events with the full time students? I was also reading on the full-time MBA thread how the school’s career center is going through some significant changes so I do hope the incoming class will at least be able to take advantage of the service over the course of the program.


The welcome reading material indicates that we are allowed to attend the sessions provided certain requirements are met. I.e. contacting the career center and completing required workshops.

The bottom of the material states that every Marshall MBA student has the opportunity to participate but each program has different procedures.

Hope this helps!

Posted from my mobile device Image
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Dec 2012
Posts: 10
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 620 Q42 V33
GMAT 2: 680 Q44 V39
GRE 1: 1320 Q780 V540
WE: Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 13 [1] , given: 7

Re: Marshall (USC): MBA.PM 2013 calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2013, 11:28
1
This post received
KUDOS
j8nguyen wrote:
Just got accepted into the MBA.PM program for Saturday classes in LA! Debating between SDSU vs USC now since I currently work in San Diego...my workplace would cover SDSU completely and USC would cost me roughly 70k...



Congrats!!

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 Oct 2011
Posts: 9
Concentration: General Management
Schools: Marshall PM '15
GMAT 1: 660 Q45 V36
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Marshall (USC): MBA.PM 2013 calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Jun 2013, 07:23
The USC MBA.PM site says that admission decisions are sent monthly.

How long are these decisions taking?
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 11 Apr 2013
Posts: 8
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: Marshall (USC): MBA.PM 2013 calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Jun 2013, 07:26
mlapido11 wrote:
The USC MBA.PM site says that admission decisions are sent monthly.

How long are these decisions taking?


I sent in my application February 21st and received a decision by April 11th.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 11 Apr 2011
Posts: 50
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 3

GMAT Tests User
Re: Marshall (USC): MBA.PM 2013 calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Jun 2013, 13:11
Does anyone know if the core section you choose is what you’re stuck with for the rest of the program? I am interested in attending the Monday and Wednesday class to get involved with school clubs, but I might be moving to the bay area later this year so the weekend class is something I would be interested in if I can switch after a semester or so. I also read somewhere on the USC Marshall website that the 2nd and 3rd year classes are held on weekdays at the University Park Campus. Does this mean weekend classes will not be available for the electives?

BTW, which school will you be matriculating to j8nguyen?
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 11 Apr 2013
Posts: 8
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: Marshall (USC): MBA.PM 2013 calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Jun 2013, 13:18
chamisool wrote:
Does anyone know if the core section you choose is what you’re stuck with for the rest of the program? I am interested in attending the Monday and Wednesday class to get involved with school clubs, but I might be moving to the bay area later this year so the weekend class is something I would be interested in if I can switch after a semester or so. I also read somewhere on the USC Marshall website that the 2nd and 3rd year classes are held on weekdays at the University Park Campus. Does this mean weekend classes will not be available for the electives?

BTW, which school will you be matriculating to j8nguyen?


I will be going to USC this fall for the Saturday core classes.

You are stuck with whatever core you choose for your first year. After that, electives are offered at the LA campus on the weekdays and very few also at the Orange County campus and online. You can check out their schedule of classes to get a better feel of what they offer.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 11 Apr 2011
Posts: 50
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 3

GMAT Tests User
Re: Marshall (USC): MBA.PM 2013 calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Jun 2013, 08:58
I got accepted this morning!
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 11 Apr 2013
Posts: 8
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: Marshall (USC): MBA.PM 2013 calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Jun 2013, 09:03
chamisool wrote:
I got accepted this morning!


Congrats!
Re: Marshall (USC): MBA.PM 2013 calling all applicants   [#permalink] 07 Jun 2013, 09:03
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
21 Experts publish their posts in the topic Marshall (USC) MBA.PM Class of 2017 Calling all applicants! souvik101990 186 21 Apr 2013, 10:22
6 Experts publish their posts in the topic Marshall (USC): MBA.PM 2013 calling all applicants souvik101990 30 15 Feb 2013, 08:03
62 Experts publish their posts in the topic Marshall 2013 (USC) - Calling All Applicants APEX 409 05 Oct 2012, 22:19
1 Marshall MBA.PM 2012 - Calling All Applicants dzyubam 90 08 Sep 2011, 01:54
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Marshall (USC): MBA.PM 2013 calling all applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page    1   2    Next  [ 31 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.