Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 12:18 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 12:18

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Organizational Behavior
GPA: 2.9
WE:General Management (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 640 Q35 V42
GPA: 3.55
WE:Business Development (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Re: Marshall (USC) MBA.PM Class of 2017 Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
thechosun wrote:
No announcements this week from anyone? I thought for sure I would be getting some news today :( oh well, another week to wait.

__

i got a call from adcom this morning saying i was accepted to the program. they're sending me a package through the mail. ecstatic and dumbfounded that they were able to accept me so quickly after i sent in my request to the waitlist.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Finance, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 630 Q42 V34
GMAT 2: 640 Q42 V35
GMAT 3: 620 Q42 V34
GMAT 4: 700 Q45 V40
GPA: 2.71
WE:Underwriter (Other)
Send PM
maythreeone wrote:
thechosun wrote:
No announcements this week from anyone? I thought for sure I would be getting some news today :( oh well, another week to wait.

__

i got a call from adcom this morning saying i was accepted to the program. they're sending me a package through the mail. ecstatic and dumbfounded that they were able to accept me so quickly after i sent in my request to the waitlist.

@maythreeone Were you on the waitlist for the full time program?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
doggdetroit wrote:
maythreeone wrote:
thechosun wrote:

__

@maythreeone Were you on the waitlist for the full time program?

--
i was waitlisted for the part time program. this is the forum for the part time program.

anyone have thoughts on USC MBA.PM vs UCI FEMBA? trying to think objectively and not just at rankings.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Finance, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 630 Q42 V34
GMAT 2: 640 Q42 V35
GMAT 3: 620 Q42 V34
GMAT 4: 700 Q45 V40
GPA: 2.71
WE:Underwriter (Other)
Send PM
I was just wondering because I am on the waitlist for the full time program. However, I was given the option to be considered for the part time program.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT Date: 10-17-2012
Send PM
Anyone called in for an interview?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
Send PM
SuperSani wrote:

I didn't get called in for an interview but was accepted a couple weeks ago.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
SuperSani wrote:

I went in for an interview last week. I was told that a decision won't be made till the end of the month.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
@maythreeone what request did you send in to the waitlist? I am waitlisted too :(
Intern
Intern
Send PM
edithh wrote:
@maythreeone what request did you send in to the waitlist? I am waitlisted too :(

--

I highlighted my real-world quant background and tried to explain how my GMAT score didn't show my actual quant ability.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
maythreeone wrote:
i was waitlisted for the part time program. this is the forum for the part time program.

anyone have thoughts on USC MBA.PM vs UCI FEMBA? trying to think objectively and not just at rankings.

I know people who have gone through the USC MBA.PM program and the UCI FEMBA program. Both are excellent programs.

A lot of people go to through the UCI FEMBA program since it's in the OC and they don't want to go all the way up to USC or UCLA. They also have some people who come all the way up from SD. It's a full service program, you really don't have to worry about anything, just run through the program. The network is very good, however, it's small. If you're like my friend, who created a startup with his group in the end, then it could really pay off. Everyone I know who has gone or is going through the program has loved it and it has changed their lives. The only things that I had trouble with was the fact that the new Dean is known for his online MBA program implementation (and that scares me because no top program has an online MBA program) and the global program restricts you to China.

USC on the other hand is pretty different. It's not a full service program and you have to do a lot of administrative stuff on your own. It's more competitive, however, still not at the level of UCLA. The network is huge, with 70k coming from Marshall and 230k for USC. The Trojan network is something pretty amazing (Top ten business schools in the world, ranked by “potential to network” - #8 USC). The globe program is great, you can choose from three different locations. I've spoken with people at my workplace as well as others and they say there are two factions, USC and UCLA. UCI just isn't that well known. QS global rankings summed it up best by calling USC an emerging global school and UCI as an elite regional school.

I must say though, after going to both info sessions, USC had a LOT more interested people than UCI. If I were wait listed at USC, I'd just go to UCI, they're close enough that it's not worth it to let UCI slip through your fingers. Both are top 50 schools. (I feel that I must also add a note regarding the US News Rankings. For Part-time programs, USC stayed the same at 11 when UCI fell to 45, from 31 the previous year...)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hey everyone, just got the call today and was accepted to the program! Elaine reached out to me this afternoon to deliver the good news.

Cheers,
-Phil
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Congrats the Chosun, well deserved! If you don't mind me asking when did you apply

Best of luck to the rest of you still waiting (:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
McaulleyCoulkan wrote:
Congrats the Chosun, well deserved! If you don't mind me asking when did you apply

I applied 2/11 which is about 5 weeks ago. I called last friday and asked about my application and they said they were still reviewing and would let me know. Got the call Monday afternoon that I had been admitted. It seemed a bit odd coming on a monday and I was not expecting the call at all. I suppose they are doing rolling admissions so the admissions decisions and calls are rolling as well.

I believe I have until April 1st to get my deposit in and kiss away 2g's :)

Cheers,
-Phil
Intern
Intern
Send PM
thechosun wrote:
McaulleyCoulkan wrote:

I applied 2/11 which is about 5 weeks ago. I called last friday and asked about my application and they said they were still reviewing and would let me know. Got the call Monday afternoon that I had been admitted. It seemed a bit odd coming on a monday and I was not expecting the call at all. I suppose they are doing rolling admissions so the admissions decisions and calls are rolling as well.

I believe I have until April 1st to get my deposit in and kiss away 2g's :)

Cheers,
-Phil

---
same here, was completely not expecting a call on Tuesday morning.

congrats. i'm still waiting for my official acceptance package in the mail. nothing online said when the deposit deadline was. i assume it's in the actual acceptance package. how did you find out it was April?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[/quote]

---

congrats. i'm still waiting for my official acceptance package in the mail. nothing online said when the deposit deadline was. i assume it's in the actual acceptance package. how did you find out it was April?[/quote]

I think I asked when a deposit would be Due and Elaine said April 1st. Could be wrong and im sure the packet will provide details.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
thechosun wrote:

---

congrats. i'm still waiting for my official acceptance package in the mail. nothing online said when the deposit deadline was. i assume it's in the actual acceptance package. how did you find out it was April?[/quote]

I think I asked when a deposit would be Due and Elaine said April 1st. Could be wrong and im sure the packet will provide details.[/quote]
---
did you get your packet in the mail yet? it seems like it's taking a while. i called last week and they said it would be here by now. they also said the new deadline is April 15 for the deposits.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Put in my application yesterday, now I'm just waiting. Can someone tell me what's the average wait time to hear back from adcom?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts