Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Apr 2014, 23:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Massey University NewZealand Full Time MBA ?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Massey University NewZealand Full Time MBA ? [#permalink] New post 24 Nov 2007, 20:52
I wanted to know if anyone has information on how this course/university is rated ? Does anyone know where can I find information on Massey University NewZealand Full Time MBA ?
CEO
CEO
Followers: 52

Kudos [?]: 408 [0], given: 210

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 25 Nov 2007, 01:04
Hi Mukesh,

In New Zealand the standard of MBA's is pretty low. I have lived both in Australia and NZ and can assure you that an Australian MBA from AGSM or MBS is far better both in terms of quality of education and post graduation opportunities.

Having said that, Massey is the best of a pretty awful bunch from New Zealand, and if you *MUST* do an MBA in NZ then Massey would be the way to go. Also look out for the new MBA from the University of Auckland as well. They are building a new b-school building and are aiming to start a *world class* program pretty soon.

Good luck.
Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 25 Nov 2007, 09:26
Hi bsd_lover,
This information was very helpful. Thank You very much. Massey is offerring this prgrm to our company associates, hence I was considering Massey. There came a little hope to hear from you that it is one of the best amongst awful ones in NZ. Do you know where I can find rankings or comparisons of Massey as compared to other universities in India and abroad. Some statistics that could help me further in making a decision.

Thanks,
Mukesh.
Director
Director
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 25 Nov 2007, 21:45
Mukesh,

Understand Massey is offering the program to your company employees , but that does not mean that you have to do it. I dont think so MBA from NZ is a viable option. As bsd ponited out look for only AGSM or MBS if you want to go dwon under. Again this is just my personal opinion and i think bsd is an Aussie expert and can give you a more clear picture.

Cheers
CEO
CEO
Followers: 52

Kudos [?]: 408 [0], given: 210

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 26 Nov 2007, 00:44
Hi more info for you , The following is the massey application criteria. Pretty relaxed, GMAT is optional.
http://gsb.massey.ac.nz/massey/depart/c ... ations.cfm

Fees :
http://gsb.massey.ac.nz/massey/depart/c ... ucture.cfm
43000 NZD all up + living expenses.

Massey is an outer western suburb of Auckland, Albany campus (where the MBA will be held) is even further than massey - in far north of Auckland, pretty far from the CBD. Not sure the networking aspect will be optimum there. Networking may not be relevant for you if you plan to return to your company post graduation anyway.

Another viable option in Auckland is the University of Auckland, widely regarded as the best university of New Zealand. The business school is right in the CBD. However the quality of degree has been questionable in the past. This might change in the future after the construction of a brand new b-school building (again in the CBD campus):

http://www.mba.auckland.ac.nz/14430.html

The entry criteria is even more relaxed than Massey.

Once again I would like to emphasize the monetary aspect of pursuing these degrees. The Australian MBA programs and AGSM and MBS are much more renowned and offer post graduation opportunities in Sydney, Melbourne and rest of Asia, and cost only marginally more than the NZ programs.
Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 26 Nov 2007, 16:04
thank you very much bsd_lover and trahul4
  [#permalink] 26 Nov 2007, 16:04