Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Dec 2014, 22:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Master in finance pre experience

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Master in finance pre experience [#permalink] New post 10 Nov 2013, 10:03
Im 22 years old spanish student with almost my bachelor in Economics finished. I want to study a master in finance. I have no work experience (Im from Spain and labour market is **** up) but I was an Erasmus student (I went to Maastricht, the Netherlands) and also I went to LSE through their Summer School, studying Fixed Income. My GPA is somewhat low (aprox 7/10).
First target was IELTS, which I did with bandscore 7.0. Next step would be GMAT, and maybe I will take CFA in June if I don't find a job.

My target schools are:

-MSc Banking and Finance in St Gallen:
Pro: 5'5K, prestigeous school with great laboral oportunities.
Cons: living cost expenses, high GMAT

-MSc Finance and Investments in RSM
Pro:1'9k(cheap) in a great country where I have already lived
Cons: I don't know if it's well recognized outside Netherlands

Msc Finance in ESADE
Pro: In contrast with other options, I live in Barcelona so there are not additional living cost. Very well recognized in Spain.
Cons: 24k

I know that Im not genius so I would apply to LSE, OxBridge. Neither I don't want to apply to UK schools, because Im not rich and Msc Finance there are very expensive, + living cost added. Im considering other options such as Maastricht,Tilburg or Bocconi. Im late for SSE :(

What do you think? I need some other backup plans
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.38
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Master in finance pre experience [#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2013, 10:58
Correct me if I'm wrong but when it comes to SSE the deadline for taking the GMAT is January 15th. You have two months to prepare and if you are not working it is absolutely possible to achieve a good level of preparation for the exam. Apart from that, I've read a lot of stories about study fee waivers on part of Bocconi, good GMAT score provided.
Re: Master in finance pre experience   [#permalink] 13 Nov 2013, 10:58