Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Nov 2014, 08:44

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Masters in Management - LBS or St. Gallen?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 15

Masters in Management - LBS or St. Gallen? [#permalink] New post 11 Jan 2014, 10:43
Hi guys,

I am holding offers for the Masters in Management programs at LBS and St. Gallen. Those were my favorite schools and the only ones I applied to. I'll have to make a decision now...

I really like the international atmosphere and diversity at LBS and the school certainly has a stellar international reputation. Though I think that the reputation and the excellent ranking results mainly apply to the MBA and executive programs and thus I was wondering how the MiM program is generally perceived? So far the MiM program does not appear in any rankings, therefore it is a bit hard to benchmark and see how competitive the program really is. Does someone have any insights / thoughts on that?

As for St. Gallen, it is a well-established school and highly regarded in Europe, especially the German-speaking area (where I come from and probably intend to work), but lacks international reputation. The program (Business Management, not SIM) is quite new and not very international (mostly German-speaking students), but the career prospects coming from St. Gallen are excellent. Most professionals in the German-speaking area I spoke to seemed to be very impressed with the school.

What are your thoughts on the programs? I am particularly looking at career prospects in strategy consulting upon graduation.

As for the personal fit, I really liked both schools, each program has its advantages and disadvantages. I probably felt a bit more comfortable at LBS due to the strong community and diversity, St. Gallen seemed less "welcoming" and personal in that sense.

I would really appreciate your opinions, thank you very much in advance!
Current Student
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: LBS '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.7
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 3

Re: Masters in Management - LBS or St. Gallen? [#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2014, 15:51
I would go with LBS. The MiM at LBS is very competitive. Not that St. Gallen is not, but on the whole, I would rate St. Gallen a tier below LBS (to be blunt).

Of course, if your goal is something very specific, and St. Gallen is stronger there, go with St. Gallen.

That 700.. I can taste it

BSchool Forum Moderator
Schools: Tuck '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V44
Followers: 23

Kudos [?]: 163 [0], given: 101

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Masters in Management - LBS or St. Gallen? [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2014, 02:33
LBS for sure. The quality of the faculty is extremely high and you will get to mingle to some extent with the top quality MBA students too.

*Updated 25th July*: Embracing the downtime
Blog: http://domotron.wordpress.com

Elements of an MBA application series
GMAT (28/02) | Profile (11/03) | Networking / Research (01/04) | Recommendations (30/05) | Essays / Online applications | Interview

My 710 (Q50, V36) Debrief + 740 (Q48, V44) Update:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/710-q50-v36-phew-i-m-done-with-the-gmat-probably-150067.html

Please share your profiles for this application season below:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/2014-profiles-w-admit-dings-results-no-discussion-162160.html

Manager
Manager
GPA: 4
WE: Medicine and Health (Health Care)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 84

Re: Masters in Management - LBS or St. Gallen? [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2014, 21:02
Hi;

LBS best as high quality faculty almost 100 % PhD and competent peers .

:-D

Thanks for Posting

LEARN TO ANALYSE

+1 kudos if you like

Re: Masters in Management - LBS or St. Gallen?   [#permalink] 14 Jan 2014, 21:02