Bachelor Management and Business Administration - University of Reading (2011)
Very little work experience: 2 small internships
I have been admitted to both EM Lyon Business School (5th Master in Management FT) and London Business School, both for the Masters in Management.
I am aware of LBS' prestige but I still think both schools can give me a lot. Here is my point of view, but I'd like yours too! EM LYON
- 3 years programme (2 years classes + 1 year internship(s) in between) unlike LBS which is only 1 year
- work experience
- I think I want to start my career in France or Switzerland. London would be fine too but for the same job I'd choose France. Obviously this is if I have a choice. If I dont, I will be ready to work even outside Europe.
- school on the rise (like i mentioned before--> 5th MiM according to FT)
- The wish to go back to my country + high quality of life (family, friends, boyfriend, near home)
- mix of diplomas (1 UK (bachelor) and 1 French(MiM))
- Less prestigious than LBS, especially internationally. Also less prestigious then 3 top French Grandes Ecoles (HEC, ESSEC, ESCP)--> may be a risk to be behind HEC, ESSEC and ESCP people in the french job market
- Lyon, compared to London, is not at the heart of businessLBS
- very international (network, etc.)
- London: very active city
- Name on CV
- only one year
- no work experience with degree
So, EM LYON or LBS??????????????
Thanks a lot guys!