Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 14:22

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Masters Programs for Freshers

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V36
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 5

Reviews Badge
Masters Programs for Freshers [#permalink] New post 10 May 2012, 13:25
Hi,

I wish to get some information about programs that I can apply to as a fresher.
I am aware that to do an MBA, one needs work experience of atleast 3 years, but I have heard of programs like MiM and MEM that accept applicants with 0-2 years of Work Experience. Can you list some more of such kind of programs?
Where can I find more information, related to list of schools that offer these, their rankings and so on?
What do you think about such programs?

The main reason why I want to pursue a Masters degree so early is mainly to improve Job opptortunities for myself.

My GMAT score is 720
Here in India, we dont have GPA system, but I am pretty sure that mine would lie in the "Low GPA" category.
Would it be possible to get into top schools that offer MIM/MEM/(any other programs for freshers) despite the low GPA? If yes, how so?

I am keenly waiting for your reply.
Thanks in advance.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Followers: 27

Kudos [?]: 55 [0], given: 11

Premium Member
Re: Masters Programs for Freshers [#permalink] New post 19 May 2012, 21:03
rijul007 wrote:
Hi,

I wish to get some information about programs that I can apply to as a fresher.
I am aware that to do an MBA, one needs work experience of atleast 3 years, but I have heard of programs like MiM and MEM that accept applicants with 0-2 years of Work Experience. Can you list some more of such kind of programs?
Where can I find more information, related to list of schools that offer these, their rankings and so on?
What do you think about such programs?

The main reason why I want to pursue a Masters degree so early is mainly to improve Job opptortunities for myself.

My GMAT score is 720
Here in India, we dont have GPA system, but I am pretty sure that mine would lie in the "Low GPA" category.
Would it be possible to get into top schools that offer MIM/MEM/(any other programs for freshers) despite the low GPA? If yes, how so?

I am keenly waiting for your reply.
Thanks in advance.

Hello,

Two questions

1) What is you interest area e.g. finance/marketing etc
2) Is getting the job the only reason to do masters ?

Thanks

Free Essay Editing Service
free-profile-essay-review-service-free-129484.html

Re: Masters Programs for Freshers   [#permalink] 19 May 2012, 21:03