Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 27 Aug 2014, 11:03

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Maths - All Set; Verbal - Help! Q50; V28

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Maths - All Set; Verbal - Help! Q50; V28 [#permalink] New post 11 Sep 2013, 18:51
Hello Forum,

I'm new to gmatclub. I joined because I was seeking some expert advice about focus on verbal.

I scored 50 on GMAT Prep maths, but I got a 28 on verbal! I'm almost embarresed to share that. Honestly, I think I just don't get what the questions are really getting at. I feel like I'm just guessing my way through.

I would take a course, but they're just TOOO expensive. I'm working to support my family. I can't just spent $500 or $1000 or even more.

I would love to get some expert advice on study plan.
I would love to get some user advice from users who have really improved on verbal.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Schools: HBS '16
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 7

Re: Maths - All Set; Verbal - Help! Q50; V28 [#permalink] New post 11 Sep 2013, 21:08
Hi Darookaraj ,

You have score pretty good in Quant and don't feel ashamed of verbal score, the good thing is that you are trying to overcome your weakness so that's the first step of your success.

As you said you don't get what exactly the verbal Q. asks and you go on guessing, this was the case with me too.
Actually I was a bit lazy to read long Q.s so I used to guess and move on but as I enrolled for e-GMAT I enjoy Verbal
study and am on the way of my improvement. e-GMAT is for non native speakers and each and every topic has explained
in detail with lots of examples and Quizzes, which show your progress report. It provides a study plan too so it becomes easier to go on.
beside this you can attain online lectures on weekends.

I suggest you The e-GMAT online course which will come within your budget.

happy studies:-)))
BSchool Forum Moderator
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
GMAT 2: Q0 V0
GPA: 3.6
WE: Brand Management (Retail)
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 77 [0], given: 101

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Maths - All Set; Verbal - Help! Q50; V28 [#permalink] New post 12 Sep 2013, 04:37
crackgmat2013 wrote:
Hi Darookaraj ,

You have score pretty good in Quant and don't feel ashamed of verbal score, the good thing is that you are trying to overcome your weakness so that's the first step of your success.

As you said you don't get what exactly the verbal Q. asks and you go on guessing, this was the case with me too.
Actually I was a bit lazy to read long Q.s so I used to guess and move on but as I enrolled for e-GMAT I enjoy Verbal
study and am on the way of my improvement. e-GMAT is for non native speakers and each and every topic has explained
in detail with lots of examples and Quizzes, which show your progress report. It provides a study plan too so it becomes easier to go on.
beside this you can attain online lectures on weekends.

I suggest you The e-GMAT online course which will come within your budget.

happy studies:-)))

I second this, i have started the E-gmat course a month back, i was scoring in the range of 22-29 in mock test, now i am between 35-38, hopefully it will improve further when i finish the online course.

Good luck

Image Posted from GMAT ToolKit

Cheers
Farhan

http://gmatfarhan.blogspot.in

Re: Maths - All Set; Verbal - Help! Q50; V28   [#permalink] 12 Sep 2013, 04:37