Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 29 Aug 2014, 20:58

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

MBA after teaching experience of 9 years

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 6

MBA after teaching experience of 9 years [#permalink] New post 15 May 2013, 01:09
HI,
I have a teaching experience of 9 years after my M.Tech. I am intrested in pursuing PGP program from ISB. My question is " Say i get admission in ISB, what will e my chances of getting placed? Will my teaching background be a hinderance for companies coming for placement? If no, what kind of job profile will be suited for me?"
another question, :Is carear change right for me after 9 years of teaching experience?"
Pls pls pls help me :( I m very confused
1 KUDOS received
Director
Director
Status: Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Schools: HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Followers: 29

Kudos [?]: 82 [1] , given: 6

Re: MBA after teaching experience of 9 years [#permalink] New post 15 May 2013, 02:12
This post received
KUDOS
Hi isbaspirant,

You haven't mentioned much about your profile. However, I would suggest even if you have 9 years of teaching work experience you can apply for ISB PGP program and its never too late for further studies. You can also gauge your chances of getting admit in a top B-School by trying this tool http://tinyurl.com/acrp3n7

If you happen to be based in Mumbai, you can attend a MBA workshop by the alumnus of ISB along with alumnus of various top global B-Schools during the dates mentioned in this linkhttp://tinyurl.com/cjy62uh.

Feel free to post any other query that you might have. You can also PM for your query.

Cheers!
Neha Singh

Best Wishes,
Neha Singh
GMAT Instructor & MBA Application Consultant
General Education- Empowering Intellect

Try GMAT Mini Diagnostic tool

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 5 [1] , given: 0

Re: MBA after teaching experience of 9 years [#permalink] New post 15 May 2013, 11:00
This post received
KUDOS
isbaspirant wrote:
HI,
I have a teaching experience of 9 years after my M.Tech. I am intrested in pursuing PGP program from ISB. My question is " Say i get admission in ISB, what will e my chances of getting placed? Will my teaching background be a hinderance for companies coming for placement? If no, what kind of job profile will be suited for me?"
another question, :Is carear change right for me after 9 years of teaching experience?"
Pls pls pls help me :( I m very confused

Hi,

ISB gets few applicants from teaching background as there might not be many job offers post ISB. This is because fewer companies recruit students with 9+ years of experience and teaching background might be a deterrent.

We would suggest that you schedule a 1-1 with ISB adcom or attend an info session and talk to an adcom member on this. This should be a very informed decision.

Apphelp Team

Apphelp : India's # 1 MBA admissions consultancy

Preparing for GMAT? Need help with Essay Review? Need mock interviews?
All these questions have a single answer : APPHELP (apphelp.co.in)
Phone: +91 9871354580
Blog: http://www.blog.apphelp.co.in
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/apphelpconsulting

Re: MBA after teaching experience of 9 years   [#permalink] 15 May 2013, 11:00