Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Sep 2014, 15:41

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

MBA Alternatives/Substitutes

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 07 Feb 2005, 22:03
I was just reading the wonderful Economist -

I think that a excellent program would be GMAP program at Tufts through Fletcher School of Diplomacy - flexibility in studies (international economics, finance, development, etc.)

http://www.tufts.edu
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2005, 08:01
Hjort and the rest
Do you gusy know where one might find a ranking for MS in Finance and other Finance related Graduate programs offered?
CEO
CEO
Followers: 21

Kudos [?]: 432 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2005, 14:07
Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2006, 16:05
how about part time in ms finance? Any ideas anyone?

maybe part time even for ms in any of these fields discussed.. that would give us option on saving money while we work, and we get another degree, and get more ready for an mba while moving up the chain internally at the company?
VP
VP
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 41 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 14 Aug 2006, 21:52
I, from IT, am aiming for an Msc in Finance discipline as well.

I will only consider an MBA after I gain some management experience; otherwise, i won't be able to maximize the investment returns from an MBA degree. MBA is still premature to me. So in the mean while, I want to pursue such a finance degree. On one hand it helps me in some career change, on the other hand it also can serve as a stepping stone to an MBA after I gain some management experience.

what do you guys think of it? I am looking at some MFE and MiF programs. Still preparing for the GMAT, I hope I can start the Msc in Fall 2007.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 15 Aug 2006, 12:48
tennis_ball

I guess we are on the same page. I am a senior in college and planning to go for Msc in Finance after I graduate next May. My ultimate goal is to get a MBA after gaining several years of working experience. For right now, I think is important for me to at least get involved or educated in the business field since my undergraduate education is not in business and I think Msc in Finance should help me to achieve that.
VP
VP
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 41 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 16 Aug 2006, 17:48
Hi, Boris,

I have about 3 years' of working experience, but none in a management role.
I certainly can apply for MBA, but I don't know how it can help me with my post-MBA career. Folks will think I only have management knowledge and skills by studying in the business school without hands-on experience. Will any employer trust someone with only paper knowledge?

So I think an MSc will help me better at this stage with lower cost as well. I wanna study a good MBA in the US or Europe rather than studying a mediocre one just because some schools are desperate for students and the money we bring with us. I'd rather wait for something better than do something average at this time being. After all, I am still in mid 20s and I got time for my MBA years after. :) This is what I am thinking.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

MBA Subs - Masters in Accounting [#permalink] New post 23 Aug 2006, 08:34
kayser`soze wrote:
i've been thinking to do a Macc - master of accounting before i go into MBA but i am not sure. i researched some good programs such as UT @ Austin, TX, Ohio State etc. Anyone else have any other programs in mind, where can i find some ranking for Macc or MS in accounting?? anyone know other good programs??

UNC-Chapel MAC program - definitely worthwhile to look into it. As a UNC MAC alumn I can attest to the quality of education and great work the career services does to place its students!
Manager
Manager
Schools: Cornell

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 01 Oct 2007, 07:46
Hjort wrote:
To my knowledge, I have not seen any rankings that included the graduate business degrees for Brandeis. However, the school is better known on the North East than in the other parts of the US.

I talked with the representative of Brandeis in the MBA Tour last week. The curriculum was nice, the lady was nice and I start to like this Uni. :D

Hjort, can you give us some more insight on this Uni?

I'm planning to take an MBA concentration in Real Estate. My GPA is very modest and so is GMAT score. But I am proud of my career acceleration in real estate industry in one of the most exiting emerging markets. My secondary school scores were remarkable. I am wondering how to include that into my applications... Is it a funny idea?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: MBA Alternatives/Substitutes [#permalink] New post 28 Aug 2011, 21:18
hi,
I am an Indian student.I pursued integrated Msc.Chemistry. Graduating from a top 5 indian college - BITS-Pilani with a cgpa 6.2/10.(my current cgpa is 5.64/10. But my course ends in dec 2010 and my cgpa then will be 6.2/10 assured). I have loads of extra curriculars, including certificate for coluntary service for scouts from the Indian President. I have had a start up in college(though not a registered one). Have had some good internships in start ups and others. Can get good recomendation letters from them. Do I stand a chance to get into MISM , CMU? should I retake GMAT.(I was scoring 730 in practise tests). Will I be rejected because of a lack of Bachlors in Computer science?.. please enlighten me. asap. I need to book a gmat date before sept 30 if my chances are low.
Re: MBA Alternatives/Substitutes   [#permalink] 28 Aug 2011, 21:18