Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 20:50

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

MBA App Compare

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

MBA App Compare [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2013, 01:05
Hi Guys,

I am a current B-School student and me and a few B-School friends got an idea to help B-School applicants. Basically, we want to gather the B-school application data from our network of current b-school students that are willing to provide this information and we want to share it with B-School applicants in both/either an aggregated form and/or individual applicant form. My colleagues and I who are involved in this project are current students in top MBA programs (ranked 1-10) in Europe. We don’t know yet what data we are going to collect and we have been debating with each other. So we want to ask people here in GMAT Club before for your opinion we start collecting it... the data could include the following:

1) GMAT score
2) GPA
3) What schools they applied to
4) What schools accepted them
5) Essays
6) Work Experience (background)
7) Etc... whatever you want

Please note that we are trying to provide APPLICANT POOL level data… not class level data.

We are looking to start collecting information by the end of March. So if you are interested in getting this stuff for free for the next few months while we test this idea, just add us as a friend of Facebook (our name is “Mba Applicant Compare”) and tell us what kind of information you would like us to collect. Also, for our research purposes, please tell us what stage of the application process you are in.

Looking forward to hearing from you guys.

MBA App Compare Team
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: MBA App Compare [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2013, 02:08
Are we trying to start a rip-off of "Word prom"?
And what’s in for applicants who provide this information? Why do you think applicants will share their essays with you? Your posting appeared as cheap attempt for crowdsourcing.

MBAAppCompare wrote:
Hi Guys,

I am a current B-School student and me and a few B-School friends got an idea to help B-School applicants. Basically, we want to gather the B-school application data from our network of current b-school students that are willing to provide this information and we want to share it with B-School applicants in both/either an aggregated form and/or individual applicant form. My colleagues and I who are involved in this project are current students in top MBA programs (ranked 1-10) in Europe. We don’t know yet what data we are going to collect and we have been debating with each other. So we want to ask people here in GMAT Club before for your opinion we start collecting it... the data could include the following:

1) GMAT score
2) GPA
3) What schools they applied to
4) What schools accepted them
5) Essays
6) Work Experience (background)
7) Etc... whatever you want

Please note that we are trying to provide APPLICANT POOL level data… not class level data.

We are looking to start collecting information by the end of March. So if you are interested in getting this stuff for free for the next few months while we test this idea, just add us as a friend of Facebook (our name is “Mba Applicant Compare”) and tell us what kind of information you would like us to collect. Also, for our research purposes, please tell us what stage of the application process you are in.

Looking forward to hearing from you guys.

MBA App Compare Team
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 1

Re: MBA App Compare [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2013, 19:02
gmatmbatroll wrote:
Are we trying to start a rip-off of "Word prom"?
And what’s in for applicants who provide this information? Why do you think applicants will share their essays with you? Your posting appeared as cheap attempt for crowdsourcing.

Thanks Bro, good to see you back!!

Ayiaa, how many stupids are you going to save? If someone is stupid and can not safeguard himself/herself, they deserved to be ripped off!! You look at the posts, do you think all these people deserve to make to a good school?? Some time it scare me that these stupids will be my cohort!!

The world is like that and take it easy my angry young man!!
BSchool Forum Moderator
Schools: Ross '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 720 Q V0
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 135 [0], given: 27

Premium Member
Re: MBA App Compare [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2013, 15:29
I also don't really see much value in this for a variety of reasons:

1) People generally know already what is a good GMAT for whichever school.
2) GPA depends on your major
3) quality of work experience counts as much as quantity and it's hard to measure quality.
4) the essay questions change frequently.

I know people try to discern a pattern all the time in Admissions, but instead I think people should focus more on themselves and just putting together the best package possible and not worry about what others who are applying have.

And to echo the other poster in this thread, what incentive do I have to share all of this in the first place?
Re: MBA App Compare   [#permalink] 26 Feb 2013, 15:29