Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 17 Sep 2014, 11:48

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

MBA Application Fees - Top 25 schools

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
5 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 11 [5] , given: 4

MBA Application Fees - Top 25 schools [#permalink] New post 25 Jul 2012, 15:07
This post received
KUDOS
This post was
BOOKMARKED
For those preparing for the MBA apps coming up soon, thought the application fees for the Top 50 schools would be useful in the planning process, especially for us who are applying to a lot of schools.

Rank School Application Fee
1 Harvard 250
2 Stanford 265
3 U Penn 265
4 MIT 250
5 Northwestern 250
6 U Chicago 200
7 Berkeley 200
8 Columbia 250
9 Dartmouth 225
10 Yale 225
11 NYU 225
12 Duke 225
13 U Michigan 200
14 UVA 215
15 UCLA 200
16 Cornell 200
17 UT Austin 175
18 Carnegie Mellon 100
19 Emory 150
20 UNC 145
21 USC 150
22 Wash U Free
23 Indiana 75
24 Georgetown 175
25 Ohio St 60

For those looking beyond the US News top 25, I have the top 50 posted here for reference: http://sleeplessinmba.weebly.com/blog.html
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
VP
VP
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2012
Followers: 28

Kudos [?]: 323 [1] , given: 19

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: MBA Application Fees - Top 25 schools [#permalink] New post 26 Jul 2012, 08:26
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Note: Duke - Fuqua offers application fee reduction if you go to an admission event, which takes place across the world. The cost is only $125.

Diversity

Current Student
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: MIT Sloan - Class of 2015
WE: Consulting (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 192 [0], given: 628

Re: MBA Application Fees - Top 25 schools [#permalink] New post 26 Jul 2012, 07:21
If only I could apply through the Consortium. *sigh*
Current Student
Concentration: Healthcare, General Management
GMAT Date: 09-14-2012
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 1

Re: MBA Application Fees - Top 25 schools [#permalink] New post 26 Jul 2012, 08:13
Some of the top schools generate millions just from app fees, not to mention the insane tuition costs.

The application process is expensive as it is for those of us here in the US...I can only imagine how tough it is for international students. For some applicants a few thousand spent on apps, prep material, exams, essay fees, travel, etc isn't a big deal. But I imagine for some, especially international applicants, this is a HUGE investment.

Out of curiosity, my question for international applicants, especially from India, how are you able to afford the entire process--including financing your education? US $2,000 is over INR 100,000. From what I know, this is a significant amount of money for the average person in India.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: Q V

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 4

Re: MBA Application Fees - Top 25 schools [#permalink] New post 26 Jul 2012, 19:15
asimov wrote:
Note: Duke - Fuqua offers application fee reduction if you go to an admission event, which takes place across the world. The cost is only $125.

Thanks asimov for the note on Duke. FYI - Georgetown does the same thing (well at least last year) - if you go to Experience Georgetown (one day class, info session, and tour) you get a fee reduction to $100. I went last year and would say it is worth it to go if you are local to DC area.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE: General Management (Military & Defense)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 6

GMAT Tests User
Re: MBA Application Fees - Top 25 schools [#permalink] New post 02 Aug 2012, 14:20
RoyHalladay wrote:
Some of the top schools generate millions just from app fees, not to mention the insane tuition costs.

The application process is expensive as it is for those of us here in the US...I can only imagine how tough it is for international students. For some applicants a few thousand spent on apps, prep material, exams, essay fees, travel, etc isn't a big deal. But I imagine for some, especially international applicants, this is a HUGE investment.

Out of curiosity, my question for international applicants, especially from India, how are you able to afford the entire process--including financing your education? US $2,000 is over INR 100,000. From what I know, this is a significant amount of money for the average person in India.

The answer to your question for international applicants is 3 words- save and plan. this is one big reason why lots of Indians inspite of scoring high on GMAT do not apply to international school but limit themselves to Indian schools accepting GMAT. people who do venture keep aside atleast 2-300000 INR to just give GMAT and apply. this is also one reason 99% of Indian applicants cant afford consultants.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: MBA Application Fees - Top 25 schools [#permalink] New post 02 Aug 2012, 20:54
RoyHalladay wrote:

It's like another poster said: you save, save and save.

Also, INR 100, 000 is really not that big a deal. Now, it's not everyone's monthly salary but you're not exactly selling the family jewels either.

It's hard for most students based out of India, sure, but the way I figure it: if you can't pony up for USD 2K, the average tuition of USD 100K will break your back!

Like you correctly said, we view it as an investment. You put in some(or a lot, depending on perspective) now, you get a lot later. Risk-adjusted, of course... :-D
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
WE: Marketing (Internet and New Media)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 58

Re: MBA Application Fees - Top 25 schools [#permalink] New post 02 Aug 2012, 21:10
America MBAs is too costly for Indians // look at Europe and Singapore .. Copenhagen has No application fee and also ESMT

“The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.” – Chinese Proverb

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q V
WE: Project Management (Energy and Utilities)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 7

Re: MBA Application Fees - Top 25 schools [#permalink] New post 03 Aug 2012, 20:05
RoyHalladay wrote:

For an Indian MBA candidate, with no tuition waiver (and no loan), total expense would be around INR 8 Million.
We have to save big-time while working. Plus, a lot of us also take financial help from parents (like chunk of their savings, or selling a real estate asset)

Imagine where you will be, and it will be so.

Current Student
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.98
WE: Operations (Manufacturing)

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 5

Re: MBA Application Fees - Top 25 schools [#permalink] New post 04 Aug 2012, 21:01
RoyHalladay wrote:

It depends on the answer to the classic question - "Why MBA and why this school?" And the truth, not the fancy mask that we wear to serenade the adcom.

What are my goals, how do I prioritize them and how do I plan to achieve them? How does a B-school fit in the picture? Do I really wants to change the world as I say I want to or I really just need to escape the dreariness of my daily life? Is business my passion or just the means to buy the hottest car that has caught my fancy? Am I or do I want to be more than the proper nouns on my resume?

If one has a clear understanding and has answers to these questions, then the MBA decision, and the gargantuan investment that it entails, is a no-brainer really. Unfortunately, it easier said than done. Especially for a majority of us Indians, who are at a different level in the development cycle than much of the world.
Intern
Intern

Re: MBA Application Fees - Top 25 schools [#permalink] New post 04 Aug 2012, 23:59
niksworth wrote:

It depends on the answer to the classic question - "Why MBA and why this school?" And the truth, not the fancy mask that we wear to serenade the adcom.

Unfortunately, it easier said than done. Especially for a majority of us Indians, who are at a different level in the development cycle than much of the world.

So true. But then if you want to get laid, after paying 250$ in application fees, you'll have to serenade the lady

And at our level in the economic development cycle, not everyone is into 'financial services', 'consulting' or ohh.. whats that term.. yes.. 'adding value to clients' processes' :wink:

Current Student
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.98
WE: Operations (Manufacturing)

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 5

Re: MBA Application Fees - Top 25 schools [#permalink] New post 05 Aug 2012, 00:34
cyberhawk321 wrote:

So true. But then if you want to get laid, after paying 250$ in application fees, you'll have to serenade the lady

Agreed. But the thing is you aren't paying $250, more like investing $150,000. So you better be sure that the lady is indeed the love of your life, not just the hottest babe of the day. If its the latter, well you know how such things turn out :)
Intern
Intern

Re: MBA Application Fees - Top 25 schools [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2013, 10:16
niksworth wrote:

Agreed. But the thing is you aren't paying $250, more like investing $150,000. So you better be sure that the lady is indeed the love of your life, not just the hottest babe of the day. If its the latter, well you know how such things turn out :)

Revisited this post after a really long time !!

niksworth,
Heartiest congratulations on your Tuck admit :-D

Doing any R2 apps ? or Matriculating at Tuck ?

Expert Post
VP
VP
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Followers: 33

Kudos [?]: 411 [0], given: 245

Re: MBA Application Fees - Top 25 schools [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2013, 17:24
Expert's post
If you happen to be really lucky, this year Yale and NYU did drawings at information sessions for fee reimbursements. If your name gets drawn, then your application fee is ultimately $0 (generally, you have to pay first and then get reimbursed...but still, that's a FREE application!)

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Current Student
GMAT 1: 710 Q43 V44

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: MBA Application Fees - Top 25 schools [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2013, 17:29
my notre dame(#25) application fee was waived as a "prefered candidate" and Vanderbilt is not requiring an application fee this year fyi
Intern
Intern

Re: MBA Application Fees - Top 25 schools [#permalink] New post 09 Jan 2013, 06:10
worthyiiv & aerian

Thanks for that sharing that info!
Future applicants will be able to plan their application expenses better with that knowledge

Non-Human User
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Premium Member
Re: MBA Application Fees - Top 25 schools [#permalink] New post 05 Mar 2014, 21:41
Hello from the GMAT Club MBAbot!

Thanks to another GMAT Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.
Re: MBA Application Fees - Top 25 schools   [#permalink] 05 Mar 2014, 21:41