Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Aug 2014, 06:28

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

MBA APPLICATION- LOW UNDERGRAD CGPA :(

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

MBA APPLICATION- LOW UNDERGRAD CGPA :( [#permalink] New post 09 Mar 2013, 00:03
Hey guys!! I just got rejected from RYERSON MBA program just two days after i applied. Reason? My cgpa wasnt good enough. I have 3 years work experience in telecom industry and my Gmat score is 600. My undergrad cgpa is sadly 2.25. What i want to know is....are there any good business school in canada or Us that would take me ?

Im Devastated by the prospect of not being able to do my MBA cuz of my low cgpa. Any input will be highly appreciated.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Current Student
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Schools: Kelley (Indiana) - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE: Operations (Non-Profit and Government)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 37 [0], given: 23

Re: MBA APPLICATION- LOW UNDERGRAD CGPA :( [#permalink] New post 09 Mar 2013, 00:49
It will probably be difficult to get into any of the more respectable schools in Canada with such a low GPA and unremarkable GMAT unless you have some incredibly good experience. (I would have suggested you apply to Ryerson with your stats but obviously that didn't work) Are you a domestic applicant? Many schools, particularly in major cities, are flooded with international applicants and you'll need to make yourself stand out even more if you're not Canadian. There are a few things you can do though, regardless of your nationality.

• A 600 GMAT is good enough for Ryerson, but in order to offset your low GPA, you should retake and aim for at least high 600s to show your academic ability.
  • Take some courses at a local college/university which you think could help reassure the adcom on your deficient areas, such as Calculus if you had a poor showing in the GMAT Q section or your undergrad quant studies. If you're currently in Toronto, both York and Ryerson offer plenty of evening credit courses. If you prefer distance learning, Athabasca is the biggest player for English speakers and TELUQ (UQAM) is the go-to school for French speakers.
  • Address your low GPA in your application essays... let the school know why it happened and why your academic performance will be much better for your MBA studies.

If you clean up your stats and write a good application, you might want to try Dalhousie or Molson (Concordia). Both are better than Ryerson but you should stand a much improved chance with a few evening class A's and a 670 GMAT.
Re: MBA APPLICATION- LOW UNDERGRAD CGPA :(   [#permalink] 09 Mar 2013, 00:49