Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 28 Aug 2014, 07:41

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

MBA doing business plan competition -- trade some info?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

MBA doing business plan competition -- trade some info? [#permalink] New post 03 Feb 2013, 15:24
Hello! I'm a 2nd year MBA at McCombs, and am creating a business plan for VLIC, a pitch competition in Austin.

I have interviewed people in my MBA class and a few undergraduates who used admissions consulting for their college app.
But I think a new frontier for this industry is helping students around the world navigate the process to attending a US high schools.

I thought I would ask Veritas if they like this idea, and if so ... how would a good business startup play out? Do admissions consulting firms buy each other or sell out? I need to convince judges this is a good idea, and they will want an exit strategy.

Does anyone there know of firms that have purchased each other and for about how much?

In return for some info on M&A transactions, I can send over the business plan for your business development teams to check out!

Thank you!

Greg Whelan
McCombs Class of 2013
The University of Texas at Austin
Veritas Prep GMAT Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount Codes
Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Veritas Prep
Followers: 34

Kudos [?]: 125 [0], given: 3

GMAT Tests User
Re: MBA doing business plan competition -- trade some info? [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2013, 20:46
Expert's post
Greg--thanks for your post. sounds interesting, and you may want to reach out to the home office via the Veritas website or phone number for a corporate answer. As an independant consultant, I can tell you that yes, consulting firms like VEritas and others can certainly buy out or be bought out, but it's tricky since most of the people who do the frontline work are 1099's and not employees, so what someone would be buying would essentially be the marketing machine and backoffice/website operations. Since school consulting is not really a repeat business, there would not be very much value in the customer base like other types of consulting service businesses (think traditional business consulting for example, where companies can hire a consulting firm over and over). Just my two cents.

Bryant Michaels
Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews