Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Sep 2014, 19:52

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

MBA essay consultant

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 640 Q50 V26
GMAT 2: 660 Q50 V28
GMAT 3: 730 Q50 V38
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 157 [0], given: 23

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
MBA essay consultant [#permalink] New post 19 May 2013, 04:27
Hi,

Does anyone know about good consultancy company in India?
If you have bought service from any, kindly share your experience.

Regards,

My posts: Solving Inequalities, Solving Simultaneous equations, Divisibility Rules

My story: 640 What a blunder!

Vocabulary resource: EdPrep

Facebook page: fb.com/EdPrep

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: MBA essay consultant [#permalink] New post 22 May 2013, 04:08
Anyone?

My posts: Solving Inequalities, Solving Simultaneous equations, Divisibility Rules

Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V49
GPA: 3.8
WE: Corporate Finance (Consulting)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Re: MBA essay consultant [#permalink] New post 22 May 2013, 05:42
Hi,

You may contact apphelp(dot)co(dot)in to get assistance in shortlisting od b-schools, essays evaluation, resume editing and interview preparations. We are assisting MBA aspirants since 5 yrs. with the team of consultants who are top b-school grads.

You may PM your details to have a discussion in length.

Regards
Erina

cyberjadugar wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone know about good consultancy company in India?
If you have bought service from any, kindly share your experience.

Regards,

GMAT-720
Undergrad- Top 5 college in India
MBA- Top 15 FT ranking b-school

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2279

Kudos [?]: 8813 [0], given: 3667

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: MBA essay consultant [#permalink] New post 22 May 2013, 06:34
Expert's post
Moved to the proper forum.

P.S. Why are you looking for a consulting company in India? Any reason you are geographically limiting your search?

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

VP
VP
Affiliations: NYK Line
GMAT 1: 410 Q35 V11
GMAT 2: 530 Q44 V20
GMAT 3: 630 Q45 V31
GPA: 3.84
WE: Engineering (Transportation)
Followers: 31

Kudos [?]: 265 [0], given: 67

Re: MBA essay consultant [#permalink] New post 22 May 2013, 07:27
Hi
I think a banlore based firm, General eduaction is good at its service.

http://www.general-ed.com/home

I have not tried its service, but yes i have talked to one of its consultants over phone, was good.
You can try...

Consider kudos if my post helps!!!

Archit
Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator
Followers: 80

Kudos [?]: 526 [0], given: 105

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: MBA essay consultant [#permalink] New post 23 May 2013, 11:53
Expert's post
cyberjadugar-I'm also on the same hunt....! But unfortunately not much information is available in the forum I think! You may see this link
http://gmatclub.com/forum/admission-consultancy-service-in-india-152321.html

bb-My personal answer of the question you asked is expensive services from US consultants... :(

BTW,it would be really great if you could shed some lights on this...!

UPDATED : e-GMAT SC Resources-Consolidated || ALL RC Resources-Consolidated || ALL SC Resources-Consolidated || UPDATED : AWA compilations-109 Analysis of Argument Essays || NEW !!! GMAC's IR Prep Tool

GMAT Club guide - OG 11-12-13 || Veritas Blog || Manhattan GMAT Blog

KUDOS please, if you like the post or if it helps :-)

Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 44 [0], given: 1

Re: MBA essay consultant [#permalink] New post 23 May 2013, 12:07
Expert's post
Hi cyberjadugar,

Is there any specific reason you want to limit yourself to geographical boundaries? I, as well as many other admission consultants ,work online with applicants from all over the world with good success rate. In fact, a majority of my clients are based in India, and communicating via skype, phone and email has worked very well for us .

Good luck:)

Poonam

MyEssayReview - A personalized and dedicated essay-review service
Email:poonam@myessayreview.com

Image Image Image

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: MBA essay consultant [#permalink] New post 24 May 2013, 00:06
Hello cyberjadugar,

Manya Education (P) Ltd. (MEPL) has more than a decade of experience in overseas education. We offer admission counselling services spanning the entire gamut of activities including test preparation, profiling of schools, admissions counselling, application assistance, visa assistance, financial counselling, and others. I strongly recommend that you visit the official website of Manya Group for gathering more information about us. 

Good luck!

Sinchita Ganguly
Admissions Advisor
Manya Education - The Princeton Review

Sinchita Ganguly
Admissions Advisor
Manya - The Princeton Review

Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: MBA essay consultant [#permalink] New post 24 May 2013, 00:14
Expert's post
SGanguly wrote:
Hello cyberjadugar,

Manya Education (P) Ltd. (MEPL) has more than a decade of experience in overseas education. We offer admission counselling services spanning the entire gamut of activities including test preparation, profiling of schools, admissions counselling, application assistance, visa assistance, financial counselling, and others. I strongly recommend that you visit the official website of Manya Group for gathering more information about us. 

Good luck!

Sinchita Ganguly
Admissions Advisor

Sinchita,
I'm sorry to say but Manya/Princeton India doesn't bother to revert to candidate for the above mentioned services...I sent them mail couple of times but in vain!

UPDATED : e-GMAT SC Resources-Consolidated || ALL RC Resources-Consolidated || ALL SC Resources-Consolidated || UPDATED : AWA compilations-109 Analysis of Argument Essays || NEW !!! GMAC's IR Prep Tool

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: MBA essay consultant [#permalink] New post 24 May 2013, 03:19
Hi,

I am not sure whom you wrote to, but I apologize for nobody having reverted back to you. If you are still interested, I can help you expedite the process now. Please PM me your contact details with the program you intend to apply to and I will have one of our admission experts contact you at the earliest.

Thanks,

Sinchita Ganguly
Admissions Advisor

Sinchita Ganguly
Admissions Advisor
Manya - The Princeton Review

VP
VP

Re: MBA essay consultant [#permalink] New post 24 May 2013, 04:58
Moreover , if i am not misteken..Manya is the group that belongs to chopra's...I have not heard good feedback from my peers about the company.
You know what is the problem of most of the Indian consultant , they just see candidates as money minting thing. Ofcourse they need to run business, but you need to take into consideration the dreams of those candidates. People go to these consultants with lots of dreams, but most indian consultants are not professional and they do not have a good knowledge of the schools.
Infact kolkata is filled with such hopeless consultants. One such consultant , which i personally have visited is edroads or collegify, now it is spreading itself, but believe me with full authority i say ..its hopeless and nothing else.

Consider kudos If my post helps!!!

Archit
Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: MBA essay consultant [#permalink] New post 24 May 2013, 05:08
Expert's post
Archit143 wrote:
Moreover , if i am not misteken..Manya is the group that belongs to chopra's...I have not heard good feedback from my peers about the company.
You know what is the problem of most of the Indian consultant , they just see candidates as money minting thing. Ofcourse they need to run business, but you need to take into consideration the dreams of those candidates. People go to these consultants with lots of dreams, but most indian consultants are not professional and they do not have a good knowledge of the schools.
Infact kolkata is filled with such hopeless consultants. One such consultant , which i personally have visited is edroads or collegify, now it is spreading itself, but believe me with full authority i say ..its hopeless and nothing else.

Archit

Dude!

relax..I fully understand your agony :)

One correction-Manya is Indian arm of Princeton review...Chopras are different I guess (they belong to Kaplan arm in India)! Honestly,I've not also heard any good feedback regarding the admission consultants in India from my peers or friends... (but at the same time no detail report for Manya is available to me as far as admission consultancy service is concerned,however one of my friends took their GMAT class and the feedback was so so...)

I agree with you that in Kolkata,there are neither great GMAT prep centers nor awesome Consultancy services available at least no such feedback is available to me.

BTW, I first I heard from you some good feedback about general-ed...! Impressive team. Did you use any of their services?

VP
VP

Re: MBA essay consultant [#permalink] New post 24 May 2013, 08:18
debayan222 wrote:
Archit143 wrote:

Archit

Dude!

relax..I fully understand your agony :)

One correction-Manya is Indian arm of Princeton review...Chopras are different I guess (they belong to Kaplan arm in India)! Honestly,I've not also heard any good feedback regarding the admission consultants in India from my peers or friends... (but at the same time no detail report for Manya is available to me as far as admission consultancy service is concerned,however one of my friends took their GMAT class and the feedback was so so...)

I agree with you that in Kolkata,there are neither great GMAT prep centers nor awesome Consultancy services available at least no such feedback is available to me.

BTW, I first I heard from you some good feedback about general-ed...! Impressive team. Did you use any of their services?

Hi
I have nt tried general ed's service. But i have spoken to one of its consultants, as a part of free service. The team consists of alum or adcoms...Moreover its charges are also not high compared to other US based consultants.
But yes i have spoken to one of Stacey blackman's consultant ...i admit there was lot of difference. Us based consultants are way ahead of indian consultants. Only things they charge a lot.

I apologize for agony, but indian consultant industry is full of cheaters and crooks. we as candidate need to be more cautious.

Yes dude you are correct Chopra's is of Kaplan and Manya of princeton... But that does not make any difference, they are just encashing for the brand name.

Archit
Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: MBA essay consultant [#permalink] New post 24 May 2013, 09:05
Expert's post
:)

General-ed's team consists of lot of premier schools' alums like HBS/INSEAD/Tuck/ISB etc...Well,then there should not be at least that much of difference with their US counterparts like StacyB IMO because they were grilled in the same oven and got through it. What say..?

For most Indian admission consultants-I think main issue is they're probably not alums of top global b-schools rather they're ex-IIM grads through CAT..so they're not probably well accustomed to the grueling of the application process that you're likely to encounter in global b-school applications.

BTW,when do you plan to apply and what's your GMAT ?

VP
VP

Re: MBA essay consultant [#permalink] New post 24 May 2013, 20:25
HI Debayan22

Very soon i ll be taking gmat. I m finding it really difficult to get a 700+ score. Lets see how things turn up.
I am Merchant navy officer , so i have to get back to my next assignment this july. Because of my job profile i ll not be able to submit for round1.
That is why, I am looking for admission consultant at reasonable cost to help me thru 4 schools. Lets see i ll decide once i m done with GMAT.

Archit
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 4

Re: MBA essay consultant [#permalink] New post 05 Jun 2013, 20:45
Take a breather and think what you really want. You probably want experts from top business schools who know and understand Indian candidates. If yes, then IndusMinds might be the answer.

We have presence in India and some of our lead consultants are based out of Bangalore but I do agree with some of my peers that it does not matter where your consultant is based geographically.

Read some of our feedback on Best Admission consulting companies thread by rgupta83 and adi0529: best-admission-consulting-companies-92923-260.html

To address your other concerns about credentials of the consultants, be rest assured that you are working with the graduates from top business schools (read UCLA, Stanford, Chicago, Duke, Darden). We offer free 30-minute phone consultation to take this opportunity to test it for yourself. Signature below has the links to contact us.

Best,
Priya | Admission Consultant | Email: contactus@indusminds.com
IndusMinds Consulting | Free Initial Consultation
BusinessWeek Interview on Essay Writing Services

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: MBA essay consultant [#permalink] New post 16 Sep 2013, 02:51
Oh man, I didn't know there was so much discussion going on here.

It was correctly pointed out in the discussion that consultants outside India are quite expensive ($$$$$). And I am not really convinced with the argument that if I have to spend $150k for MBA, why not spend few thousand bucks on a consultant. Because even the costliest of consultants out there, won't guarantee the admission!

But anyhow I tried essaysnark few months back (complete essay package), although they say that they provide the premium consulting on lowest prices (even from Indians, like me), it is not actually true. Each round of advice costs over over $150. Any additional review will cost more. Didn't help me much, and I had to ask for refund. I am finally working with an Indian consultant (getyourmba.in). I will post about the consultant in the coming weeks.

Regards,

Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: MBA essay consultant [#permalink] New post 16 Sep 2013, 03:24
Expert's post
Interesting story cyberjadugar...!

I hope your work with 'getyourmba.in' goes out well this time.

Just curious - What actually happened with EssaySnark? Is it something related to the recurring fees you're talking about that spoiled the game or else?Can you please share it in detail as that'd be helpful for lot of folks to take a call.
I've heard some good feedback about 'em although and their FREE Essay Evaluation on GC reflects their quality of Essay review and editing to a considerable extent at least.

Look forward to hearing from you...

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: MBA essay consultant [#permalink] New post 16 Sep 2013, 03:40
bagdbmba wrote:

Just curious - What actually happened with EssaySnark? Is it something related to the recurring fees you're talking about that spoiled the game or else?Can you please share it in detail as that'd be helpful for lot of folks to take a call.
I've heard some good feedback about 'em although and their FREE Essay Evaluation on GC reflects their quality of Essay review and editing to a considerable extent at least.

Hi,

Imagine this:
Let's say you are standing at the crossroad (you are starting with your apps), and there are 9 paths (may be more, may be less - different stories about career, achievement etc etc) from which, one could lead to your desired goal (bschool). You are standing there and figuring out which path to take.
You choose one and move along it (prepared the first draft). You meet a consultant in the way (ES in this case), he looks at you and asks you few questions. Then, immediately says that you are on wrong path. Ok, then you decide to take another path (next draft of your essays). Again ES tells you that you are on wrong path. You again take the third path, and meet ES, but this time he says, "Hey there, I could only give you limited numbers of advice; that's all in the scope of services that I provide." and LEFT. What next?

In my case I required more discussion, only one feedback on accomplishment or career goals didn't help me much. I was even more confused by their brutal and honest advice. Although, they never answered to my question - what next?

They can tell you what fix you require in your material but how to rectify it...nopes...thats up to you to figure out.

Regards,

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: MBA essay consultant [#permalink] New post 16 Sep 2013, 03:50
cyberjadugar wrote:
bagdbmba wrote:

Hi,

Imagine this:
Let's say you are standing at the crossroad (you are starting with your apps), and there are 9 paths (may be more, may be less - different stories about career, achievement etc etc) from which, one could lead to your desired goal (bschool). You are standing there and figuring out which path to take.
You choose one and move along it (prepared the first draft). You meet a consultant in the way (ES in this case), he looks at you and asks you few questions. Then, immediately says that you are on wrong path. Ok, then you decide to take another path (next draft of your essays). Again ES tells you that you are on wrong path. You again take the third path, and meet ES, but this time he says, "Hey there, I could only give you limited numbers of advice; that's all in the scope of services that I provide." and LEFT. What next?

In my case I required more discussion, only one feedback on accomplishment or career goals didn't help me much. I was even more confused by their brutal and honest advice. Although, they never answered to my question - what next?

They can tell you what fix you require in your material but how to rectify it...nopes...thats up to you to figure out.

Regards,

Hey,

One more thing to add. You may hear really good reviews for each and every consultant here on gmatclub or even for the one which is listed on the 100th page in google search. Each one of them is helping out many students and these students do get admits too! But then again, they may not be a compatible match for you. The marriage is ought to end up as divorce :|

Regards,

Re: MBA essay consultant   [#permalink] 16 Sep 2013, 03:50