Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Nov 2014, 01:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

MBA for a 3 years of IT experience professional

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
GPA: 3.8
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 44

MBA for a 3 years of IT experience professional [#permalink] New post 24 May 2013, 18:15
Hi,
I have 3 years of IT experience (Software Developer) and my educational background is as follows,

GPA from School : 8.8/10
GPA from 11th,12th : 9.3/10
GPA from Engineering(Computer Science) : 7.4/10

I am planning to take up any of the following 3 courses as am equally attracted to each of them. Please help me in deciding which one would be the better option for me, with the experience am owning.

Project Management (I think, experience is fine but I feel I might get stagnant with only handling projects, or will there be a ladder to climb higher?)
Technology Management (I think, experience is fine, but would like to know how the future will be in this field).
Information Technology Consulting (I think,experience is less, will the field be challenging and what about the future in this).
Leadership, Influence and Power (I think,experience is less, what exactly is in store ?)

Giving kudos is a way to appreciate the help done to you.
VOTE: Best resource for Verbal in GMAT
VOTE: Best resource for Quant in GMAT

Expert Post
Admissionado
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Followers: 45

Kudos [?]: 577 [0], given: 30

Re: MBA for a 3 years of IT experience professional [#permalink] New post 27 May 2013, 02:42
Expert's post
Well, my first question to you would be: what are your goals and interests???
All and any courses can be fantastic, but they should meet both your short-term and long-term goals in some way. For MBA purposes, anything that would lead you closer to a managerial position is most valuable.

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado.com

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!