Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 02:06

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

MBA for macro research/investment strategy?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 59 [0], given: 4

MBA for macro research/investment strategy? [#permalink] New post 20 Aug 2012, 14:27
Particularly interested in sovereign debt/currency research or the NY Fed/World Bank route. Aside from wharton/booth/columbia, which are the best finance programs, what other schools are suitable for this goal? Some people have recommended london business, stern, yale, haas. Ideally, i can do a joint degree in MBA and public policy.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 20 [1] , given: 0

Re: MBA for macro research/investment strategy? [#permalink] New post 06 Sep 2012, 08:14
This post received
KUDOS
Joint degree is a waste of time, money and effort unless you are very passionate about the course content. If you can get to a top business school, it will open the required doors. That's the reason you will see top business school grads at most of the top jobs. Good luck!

www.InterviewBay.com
- Get Ready For the Interview
MBA | Finance | Consulting | General Mgmt
Intern
Intern
Schools: - Class of 2014
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: MBA for macro research/investment strategy? [#permalink] New post 06 Sep 2012, 19:18
interviewbay wrote:
Joint degree is a waste of time, money and effort unless you are very passionate about the course content. If you can get to a top business school, it will open the required doors. That's the reason you will see top business school grads at most of the top jobs. Good luck!

I agree with the poster above (aside from the shameless plug) that a dual-degree is a waste. You need to research the faculty that each program has and find someone you would want to study under. The "top school" thing is pretty useless as most of your cohort will be in the same position as you. The ideal place would be one that has a faculty with congruent interests to yours, a well respected research reputation, and most importantly connections. While I do understand the draw for large companies that a massive cohort offers, I cannot, at the same time, imagine being in a graduating class of 400 people. BTW I am interested in global macro.

Best of luck with your decision.
Re: MBA for macro research/investment strategy?   [#permalink] 06 Sep 2012, 19:18