Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 04:45 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 04:45

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
 Q50  V48
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
 Q50  V48
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Re: MBA for no work experience? [#permalink]
Expert Reply
JingChan wrote:
Accepted.com wrote:
Jing,

I think your chances at the CMU and Berkeley programs you mentioned are good. You have excellent numbers and what appears to be some solid and interesting experiences relevant to your goals. Why are you unsure you'd be competitive at these programs?

Given your lack of work experience an MBA is less doable, since most schools like 2-3 years of experience. However, there are some exceptions--schools known for admitting large percentages of newbies like yourself. Rochester, Vanderbilt, CMU, and Illinois are all respected finance schools and all average at least 9% students with 1 year or less of work experience.

Good luck,

Thanks for your advice. I am unsure of whether I'll be competitive because I know my GPA isn't fantastic.

May I inquire about my chances for Princeton's MS in Finance, as well?

-J

J,

Sorry, but I am an MBA guy and don't know Princeton's MS program. Just judging by the quality of that university overall I assume its MS program would be at least the same caliber as CMU's and Haas's. You should give it a shot. Even if you are a marginal longshot at Princeton, marginal longshots do get in.

Good luck,
GMAT Club Bot
Re: MBA for no work experience? [#permalink]