I just finished up my first year post undergraduate in the professional world, and am considering an MBA in 3-4 years. As I just start looking for a new job, I'd appreciate a brief profile evaluation so that my job search would be helpful and prepare myself well for an MBA down the road. Here's my profile (limited, considering my 1-year work experience, but should give a general idea):
- 23 year-old female, moved from China to the US at age 18 to attend college
- Attended a top public university in the country
- Economics major with Math minor. B.A., Economics, Magna Cum Laude (GPA 3.8), with Distinguished Majors thesis published in university's undergraduate research journal.
- GMAT 730 + 6
- Actively looked for strategy/management consulting during college, but did not land a position due to tough competition and limited work visa sponsorship.
- 1 year work experience in big four Advisory (Risk), but has started looking into strategy consulting/management consulting again (MBB or 2nd tier).
- Active volunteer for a variety of activities, causes, international nonprofit organizations during undergrad and work. Interned at a well-known US nonprofit development office. Volunteered for a music festival in Washington DC and will be volunteering for a regional TEDx event in the fall.
- On the board of my university's young alumni council working on projects related to engagement, career, and network among young alumni.
** Aiming at:
HBS, MIT, Stanford, Columbia, UC Berkeley-Haas (I do not have a clear idea yet but I'm aiming at top 5-10).
** Post MBA goal:
Entrepreneurship or Nonprofit management, hopefully in music/entertainment/cultural sector/international development, etc.
My experience may seem pretty scattered about, but I'm working towards distinguishing myself among waves of IBankers/Consultants getting into top MBA program, and i have a pretty clear idea of where I want to be in the long run (see post MBA goal). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
musikalisch und Jazz