Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 15 Apr 2014, 23:50

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

MBA in Canada

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

MBA in Canada [#permalink] New post 02 Oct 2013, 02:53
Hello,

I recently took GMAT and scored 590. I was continue scoring around 650 in practices tests but finally got only 590 :cry: & now I don't intend to re-write the GMAT.

I have to be in B school next year so I don't have much time to re-write the test as dead lines will close in year end.

I am B-tech (Mechanical Engineering), passed out in August 2009 & since then working with Indian manufacturing company.

At present deputy manager in sales (Material handling Equipment & Heavy Industrial Product sales).
Total Work Ex: 4 years
IELTS : 7 Band

I am interested in doing MBA in canada. Please suggest me 5-6 good colleges where I can apply with my score / profile.

My preferred schools are
Laurier School of Business & Economics - Waterloo, Ontario
Asper School of Business Winnipeg, Manitoba
Haskayne School of Business Calgary, Alberta
Richard Ivey School of Business - London, Ontario

But I am open to any good school in Ontario, Manitoba & British Columbia.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 73 [0], given: 0

Re: MBA in Canada [#permalink] New post 07 Oct 2013, 17:14
Expert's post
Hi there,

Thanks for your post. Man, if you were scoring that much higher on practice tests it's tempting to want you to try again-- you are likely capable of that higher level! ;) At the current score, I would say Ivey is likely out; the others on your list may be possible though you're below the average GMAT at those as well. As for other schools, I usually reference the Financial Times MBA rankings for schools around the world with high reputations; you can also look up Canada-only MBA rankings for more insight and ideas.

Be sure not to underestimate the importance of your essays as well, they are the place on the application where you can make huge impact and show who you are and what you'll bring to the program. Good luck!

Jen Kedrowski
mbaMission

Blog: http://www.mbamission.com/blog
mbaMission Insiders Guides: http://www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders
Free Consultation: http://www.mbamission.com/consult.php