Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Sep 2014, 20:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

MBA in Entrepreneurship

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

MBA in Entrepreneurship [#permalink] New post 27 Sep 2004, 04:42
What are the job opportunities available post MBA in Entrepreneurship? Is it that you need to open your own business and companies don't like to hire Entr-MBA's or it's my misconception (I think it is!)
CIO
CIO
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 154 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 27 Sep 2004, 05:40
Actually, many companies like to hire MBAs with entreprenuership backgrounds. They believe that it will help instill a dose of innovation into the organization. You just have to make sure that they understand that you won't simply take off in a couple years and start a rival company ;-)

To your first question. The opportunities are only limited by your imagination and pocketbook. To help with the pocketbook side, there are plenty of business plan competitions and opportunities to get in front people who assist with funding. Many schools have coffers that you can dip into as well.

http://www.mbagameplan.com

Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 27 Sep 2004, 08:06
Thanks! a lot for your response.

Another quick question on the same lines, MIT offers following programs:

1)Managment in Information Technology

2)Management of Technological Innovation and Entrepreneurship

I had a look at the curriculum for both these, and I was excited by (2), but the issue is my background supports more option (1) rather than (2) (Indian/Male/5yr work Ex/710GMAT/95% Quant/Comp. Engineer)
My concern is, how I can make my claim for the second?
CIO
CIO
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 154 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 28 Sep 2004, 14:11
Seems like the claim for the second one is pretty straight forward to me. In other words, you don't have to have had experience in entrepreneurship to lay claim to second. Indeed, in some respects it's more interesting to ad comm, because you would get more out of that program as you try to pursue entrepreneurship.

The first program could be considered to be less compelling in some respects because it matches so closely what you're already doing.

I think some overlap is good, but too much overlap begs the question, why is the person pursuing this?

http://www.mbagameplan.com