Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 22:12

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

MBA in fashion management

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

MBA in fashion management [#permalink] New post 22 Aug 2012, 11:07
I did my engineering in Textile Technology and then switched to fashion designing.

I have been working on the development of my Label but there are certain business skills are required and this is the reason I am looking forward to do an MBA.

I am not really able to decide on a particular field for an MBA and not sure which colleges I should focus on.

I would really appreciate some help on this.

Best,
V
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Followers: 122

Kudos [?]: 607 [0], given: 114

Re: MBA in fashion management [#permalink] New post 23 Aug 2012, 08:11
The great thing about an MBA is that you can decide where you'd like to specialize as you go through courses. But as far as an MBA in Fashion Management, I don't think I've ever heard of one. You might consider contacting FIDM in Los Angeles, and see what they might recommed.

But if you are trying to creat your own company, you may consider an MBA with a concentration in entrepreneurial studies. This will teach you how to create, run, manage, grow, etc.. your own business. This might be just what you're looking for.

Good luck!

New to the GMAT Club? <START HERE>

My GMAT and BSchool Tips:

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: MBA in fashion management [#permalink] New post 28 Sep 2012, 01:36
vyoma wrote:
I did my engineering in Textile Technology and then switched to fashion designing.

I have been working on the development of my Label but there are certain business skills are required and this is the reason I am looking forward to do an MBA.

I am not really able to decide on a particular field for an MBA and not sure which colleges I should focus on.

I would really appreciate some help on this.

Best,
V

If your plan was to go in fashion industry, you must select any of the fashion designing college.
does not matter you can go for mba in fashion but you want get that much technical knowledge that you can get in fashion design college.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
Followers: 78

Kudos [?]: 702 [0], given: 5

Re: MBA in fashion management [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2012, 07:31
For something so specific I would look at someplace like Parsons and see what they offer and if it fits your goals more. MBA may be an expensive degree that doesnt help you get where you want to be. Plus the network coming out of someplace like Parsons or FIT would be 100x more useful than any b-school.

Kellogg Class of 2010...still active and willing to help. However, I do not do profile reviews, don't offer predictions on chances and am far to busy to review essays, so save the energy of writing me a PM seeking help for these. If I don't respond to a PM that is not one of the previously mentioned trash can destined messages, please don't take it personally I get so many messages I have a hard to responding to most. The more interesting, compelling, or humorous you message the more likely I am to respond.
Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Re: MBA in fashion management   [#permalink] 24 Oct 2012, 07:31