Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 05:59

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

MBA in UK but job in India ??

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

MBA in UK but job in India ?? [#permalink] New post 05 Dec 2011, 12:51
Hi All,

I have question about getting an MBA degree from UK and working in India. Given the harsh restrictions on obtaining visa after graduation in UK, would it be wise to go back to India and work there instead ? Is it difficult to get the job in India with a degree from one of the top 15 B-Schools in UK ?
Many would ask the question of why not doing an MBA in India itself, but given the high competition in India to get into IIM's and other top B-Schools, I had planned to do my MBA abroad as it would give me more international exposure with gr8 amount of diversity amongst the peer group. Is there anybody in here who can solve my dillema abt this issue ?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 1: 700 Q V
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 29

Re: MBA in UK but job in India ?? [#permalink] New post 05 Dec 2011, 13:39
I personally think this is a question better answered by employers who are based in India (or have India branch offices) and what industry you are trying to go into. But my thought is that if it's an internationally recognized program, it will probably help your resume. Though, you have to take into consideration the typical salary levels in India for the industry/position you want and whether the ROI on your degree in UK would be worth it.

~ PickyTooth - Eat Like a Local Foodie // www.pickytooth.com ~

Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: MBA in UK but job in India ?? [#permalink] New post 04 Sep 2014, 22:46
Most of the colleges I scouted for within India offer placements domestically only. But I want to get placed abroad, are there any good Indian universities that offer this? I’m tired of searching for such colleges. I don’t mind studying abroad, but does it guarantee a placement abroad? Or will I have to come back to India and work? I heard the higher education scenario in UK is not good, because of the visa issues students are being forced to come back to India. In such a scenario, how can one ensure return on investment? What are the other countries that one can look at apart from UK?
Intern
Intern

Re: MBA in UK but job in India ?? [#permalink] New post 04 Sep 2014, 22:53
Please don’t look at UK right now. There are other countries which allow you to work freely, there is Dubai – which is constantly growing. They have a Dubai International Academic City which is amazing! It has quite a lot of campuses like INSEAD, IMD, S P Jain School of Global Management etc.
Intern
Intern

Re: MBA in UK but job in India ?? [#permalink] New post 04 Sep 2014, 22:59
Yeah? Is it is the same as SPJIMR? What about the placements? Do these universities guarantee a placement abroad? My parents are investing quite a lot in my higher education and I want to be pretty sure about this. I want to try and do as much research as possible. Any tips?
Intern
Intern

Re: MBA in UK but job in India ?? [#permalink] New post 04 Sep 2014, 23:10
I think the best way to research about any school is by talking to an alumnus, checking out their website and thirdly checking out external sites on Google. I think that works! Also SPJIMR is a different MBA college in Mumbai.
Intern
Intern

Re: MBA in UK but job in India ?? [#permalink] New post 04 Sep 2014, 23:21
I happened to visit S P Jain Global's website, and their placement stat says that around 17 students has got more than 20 lacs salaries. It looks impressive but is it really true?
Intern
Intern

Re: MBA in UK but job in India ?? [#permalink] New post 04 Sep 2014, 23:30
Perhaps, you talk to one of their alumni to confirm with this. I don't think, website will claim anything fake openly. Also it is one of the highly reputed business school in the world.
Intern
Intern

Re: MBA in UK but job in India ?? [#permalink] New post 04 Sep 2014, 23:43
Yeah, I don't even think that this would be the case but confirmation is always better. I will continue with my research on this. Website also says, S P Jain Global has been ranked #19 in the world in 2013 by Forbes, so there is no doubt but still.
Intern
Intern

Re: MBA in UK but job in India ?? [#permalink] New post 04 Sep 2014, 23:50
Okay! Please let us know if you will get chance to speak to any alumni.
Intern
Intern

Re: MBA in UK but job in India ?? [#permalink] New post 04 Sep 2014, 23:59
Yes! Happened to talk to one of the alumnus who is currently working as a manager in HCL, who also happens to be one of my close friend’s brother. He was pretty enthu about me joining the course! He said that the course is comprehensive, you learn across three global cities – Dubai, Singapore and Sydney. He said that it completely changed him, I remember him as this meek person at the beginning of the course. Today, he looks quite confident in everything he does. I think global exposure does a lot of good to you, isn’t it?
Re: MBA in UK but job in India ??   [#permalink] 04 Sep 2014, 23:59