Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 28 May 2015, 02:18

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

MBA in Vancouver - SFU or UBC

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
WE: General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 3

MBA in Vancouver - SFU or UBC [#permalink] New post 19 Aug 2014, 14:33
This post received
KUDOS
Hi everyone, this is my first post here on gmatclub and it goes directly to the point
About a month ago I've decided to move to Vancouver next year for a job opportunity with a friend of mine and to keep on my studies I also decided to match working with studying, since I've concluded my 4 years minimum work-experience that most universities claim for entering their programs and have already finished a well-avaliated business mba course in Brazil.

I readed a bit about both universities that have the business management graduate programs and I'm in a bind between these two
Simon Fraser University and University of Britsh Columbia... The fees are a way more expensive on UBC but that's not the point for me since I'm investing on qualification, but the point is that the average work-experience time for UBC is 7 years.

I've been following a lot the gmatclub forum and started my studies by my own but I'm considering to start a program in Brazil that prepares students for GMAT test, plus admissions requirements assistance, called MBA HOUSE.

The main point for me besides reaching a reasonable score on the official test is to get the chance to get approved before I move there so I don't waste time I could already be involved on my studies and my worry is that due to having less work-experience time than most students may be a reason for my repproval. Does anyone have informations about these universities? Opinions and tips are very welcome and thanks to all informations provided in here, it's helping me a lot on building my study-pan.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [1] , given: 15

Re: MBA in Vancouver - SFU or UBC [#permalink] New post 25 Nov 2014, 11:18
This post received
KUDOS
What are your long-term career and life goals? Do you intend to stay and work in Vancouver permanently or do you see yourself moving somewhere else?

I understand you intend to work with a friend study while working. But a clearer picture of your reasons for choosing move to Canada and more specifically Vancouver would help in responses.

I live in Vancouver and it can be an expensive and dejecting city to live in, never mind the played up media hype.
Re: MBA in Vancouver - SFU or UBC   [#permalink] 25 Nov 2014, 11:18