Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 18:14 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 18:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [4]
Given Kudos: 46
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.13
WE:Corporate Finance (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1207 [3]
Given Kudos: 114
Concentration: Finance, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [1]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.72
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: MBA interview duration rather short --> Good or bad sign? [#permalink]
Kudos
As others have said, I don't think you can read too much either way. Heading into an interview, the interviewer has a series of questions he or she wants to cover. On some occasions the response to one questions may answer another, which shortens the interview.

As someone that interviews for openings at my company, I have conducted short interviews where they interviewee answered all my questions in a short succinct fashion and scored well. I've also had interviews where the subject is crashing and burning and I've cut it short mercifully for all involved. It can go either way. I would also say a short interview is better than a long one where the subject rambles on and can't get to the point.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Send PM
GMATLA wrote:
Average MBA interview = 30 minutes.

I would not say that you can judge an interview solely on the length of it. Sometimes I think of an interview a lot like the GMAT. You can easily feel like you are doing GREAT and still not get the job, or you can feel like you BOMBED it and you get the job. Really, it is hard to know. I wouldn't read too much into the duration because half the interview should be about you, and the questions you had for the interviewer. They are not only interviewing you, but that want to know that you have questions for them.

It's way to easy to spend time dwelling on "how the interview went" when there is nothing that can be done about it now. Move onto the next step, and continue doing whatever you need to do to get your dream admit.

Good luck!

That makes sense and in fact I got the feeling the the interviewer had genuine interest in answering all questions I might have. The interview was split 50/50 between interview and me asking questions.

Thanks for your reply :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Send PM
Thanks a lot for your answers, guys!
Kudos for all of you :)
Non-Human User
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hello from the GMAT Club MBAbot!

Thanks to another GMAT Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.
GMAT Club Bot